What ascension class for Warden?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by tkb24, Feb 7, 2017.

1. tkb24 New Member

JUst got back to playing. Been reading up on the ascension class, which one is best for warden or does it matter?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter. I'd recommend etherealist, not because it helps 'wardening' particularly, but because it's pure dps and there is nothing 'healy' about any ascension classees.
  3. tkb24 New Member

Thanks that is what I had chosen just wanted to make sure of my thought process.
  4. Berge Member

See I chose Geomancer as its more I feel melee oriented, but like everyones said there is no really wrong choice, all personal.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

The biggest issue I see with the geo for a warden (or any priest for that matter) is that some of the abilities stifle for a time.. and a warden can't afford to in a situation where somebody needs a heal, cure, death save, etc and be unable to do anything other then auto-attack.
  6. Cunning Member

TD is a risky thing to use on any healer. But if you plan ahead and use at the right time, it can be effective. It's just not as easy as straight big Ascension nukes. For a warden, drop the tree which heals a fair bit actually, the start TD. About half way through hit howling with the pack, which you can do while stifled. That plus heal procs from AA ect will get through slow parts in fights. If the fit hits the shan, just cancel TD and clean up the mess.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've never found the tree to be worth casting.. has that actually changed this expac?
  8. Sogapa Active Member

The tree is great for power drain fights, but that's all I've used it for in a while.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Does it regen power?
  10. Sogapa Active Member

Yup. not sure when the change went in. I discovered it last expansion that it is now a power and health hot
    Mermut likes this.
  11. Cunning Member

Yeah even if you don't care about the heal, it regens a ton of power for the group. Like don't need a chanter during power drains kind of Regen...
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Good to know. I guess I'll have to put it back on my hot bar. Thanks!
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

I may be mistaken, but can't you make a macro to cancel the stifles? You may make some special macros that have the command to cancel it then cast heal, cure, deathsave etc.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt they're going to let you cancel the stifle on that ability. I can ask somebody who has a geomancer at that level though.
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

I mean cancel the whole ability. You may be able to cancel the buff with a command
  16. Cunning Member

I just cancel it from maintained window. The stifle can't be prevented. Runes or the cleric immunity don't stop it. On a healer it's a classic Bob Ross situation, bravery test with a big ol tree right in the middle of your fight. How long can you keep swinging before you Need to heal. Sometimes you go the whole 40 sec, sometimes things go pear shaped and you cancel it right after if finishes that painfully long cast...