What are you upgrading first?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by konofo, Sep 24, 2014.

1. konofo Active Member

As I've been preparing for the introduction of Grandmasters next week, I've been struggling to identify more than a handful of spells that I'm eager to upgrade by that whopping 5%.

A lot of the abilities we rely on come from AAs. Several others are of an absolute nature and would only upgrade in some auxiliary way, such as Rescue, or death saves. And of course, half of the spells we have today will be replaced in a couple of months.

For the most part, my to-do list is full of buffs. Primary taunt is already upgraded, encounter taunt is about to be replaced anyway. There are a handful of combat arts that will get updated when I feel like it, but they are just not a priority.

So, what are you looking forward to upgrading first?

kono
  2. petier Active Member

for my zerker i'll try look at blood rage or adrenaline first, but depending on what the real number upgrade is I may change my mind.
  3. Silzin Active Member

Since all of the upgrades are on Beta i have looked at them for my Monk i am looking 1st my Defensive Stance. then m 2 taunts, since they are my most dps tools... then the 2 temp Mit buffs. after them there is not much i am looking at upgrading in a timely manner.
    xkrisx likes this.
  4. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I'm not going to bother getting anything on my tanks. It won't help me at all unless I'm trying to dps guardian or something silly.

The only spells that are going to be worth trying to get at early launch are pretty much 80% mage spells. Tanks don't want anything, Scouts will only care about 1-2 abilities each, Priests only really care about group heals and maybe 1 single target heal, then mages will want like 4-7 each.

As a ranger, the two grandmasters I want are Makeshift Arrows and offensive stance. If Grandmasters are a flat 10% damage increase, every other grandmaster not counting those two combined would be a ~0.7%-0.9% dps increase. If that. IDK about you but 50-80k dps isn't worth nearly a hundred thousand plat to me.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

Where did you get 100k figure from?
  6. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Guesstimation of how much the mats / masters will cost for 20 abilities for the first week or so.

I wouldn't even pay 10k for 50k dps.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

For my paladin heal are %based i don't see them going any higher, and as you said many keys abilities come from AA. First his defensive stance if the improvement is worth it, then may be AOE like castigate, doom judgement, ancient wrath.

For taunt i don't know holy ground is an open postionnal over the time, i don't see them making it much better.

For my warden it would be healing storm, wind of healing and photsynthesis, then quick heal, next big heal, next hierophantic genesis. It will indeed depend, spores may be also interesting.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Why furniture crafting recipes of course....oh wait...*ducks out of room*

But seriously haven't given it much thought lol
  9. Droll Active Member

Insolance.