What are you doing to do when you hit 50 lol

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-agoraphobia, Dec 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-agoraphobia Guest

Just a question.

I know part of the fun on EQOA was hitting 50 then going farming.

Now that you can't get any chest for mobs that con lower than grey, takes the fun of going out farming, i think anyways.

I like dirge, but not loving it, was thinking i would get more dmg type songs, not debuffs.

And i wish they woudlnt' have made Driges in the scout type class, knowing that bards do more dmg from the back, which isn't and never has been a bards style.

And i guess we won't get HoT in EQ2 either lol, love that song for soloing.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Heh, if you expected any class to be the same as EQOA you'd probably be pretty disappointed. I'm sure you've figured out by now, but it's a vastly different game from both EQlive and EQOA. While you lose some things from the bards of those games, you certainly gain other nice abilities. Evac for instance is godly. Eventually, dirge even get rez. Besides, I'm not sure how much DPS you expected from bard class. I do pretty comparable damage to most the other dps classes, plus buffs/debuffs to boot. Out of curiosity, what archtype would you have placed bard/dirges under? (fighter, priest, or mage) Also, what level are you currently?

Anyway, to answer the subject of your title, I imagine I'll be focusing on a couple things. All this assuming I still find the game fun by the time I reach 50. I'll focus on guild things (raiding, questing, writs, etc). Tradeskilling. Acquiring the best gear/spell upgrades possible for my character through questing, raiding, grouping, buying/selling. Finishing off boasting quests like npc masteries, heritage, etc. Possibly farming a title that I like for my character, like Lornick Warsong, Slayer of Giants. And if I'm bored with all that, I'll probably work on an alt until the next expansion comes out. Btw farming won't be dead at lvl 50. You'll just have to farm things that are a challenge.
  3. ARCHIVED-Havlen Guest

"And i wish they woudlnt' have made Driges in the scout type class, knowing that bards do more dmg from the back, which isn't and never has been a bards style."

Bards were a Fighter/Theif/Mage combo class in DnD so I don't know why you think it has never been a bard's style since most games have their foundation in the rules DnD setup.

Bards in EQ1 followed this route too -- as you'll notice, they got rogue skills along with their fighting and songcasting skills.
    Message Edited by Havlen on 12-19-2004 07:35 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

If my Provisioner skill isn't already to 50 as well, I'll get it to 50. (I've been keeping my crafting and adventuring level pretty evenly matched) I'll probably also work on alt characters too. Wait for the first expansion, and do all there is to do in it as well.
  5. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

Is it me, or doesnt it seem that most bards go provisoner for tradeskill? I think it is the drink...;)

Just dinged 25 last night (thanks added XP day) and 32 dirge.
  6. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

Bard Chef in EQLive...

What did Hank Williams Jr. sing?

"If I get stoned and sing ALL night long, it's a FAMILY TRADITION!"
  7. ARCHIVED-Meadsong Guest

I think that the second, maybe even third expansion will be out by the time I get to those dizzying heights. So I guess I'll just keep on playing as I do now. Looking for challenges, helping people out with their stuff and looking for bigger, taller cliffs to leap from tyring to find the max possible falling hit I can.

Funny that, Im a provisioner too, I think I'ts becasue I hate to waste the things that I gather and I don't sell anything in vendor mode. So the perfect occupation I guess for me.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

I was planning on going Alchemy if I tradeskill at all. Lvl 8 artisan now and thats mainly cause I found that nice little recipe for making elm strongboxes for the bank =p