What are the Benefits of going over 600 Harvesting (more)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Thailander, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Thailander New Member

I have 1012 Harvesting but i'm noticing that only 600 is required to harvest a rare. What are the benefits of going above 600 and does the benefit increase at say 750, 900, 1200 etc? just wondering if i'm wearing all this harvesting nail gear that isn't doing me a bit of good and keeping me from wearing good gear i can defend myself in say doomfire etc. Thanks !
  2. Yenk Active Member

The harvesting-skill has nothing to do with the chance to get a rare. Rare-harvesting is a skill of its own.
    It seems the harvesting-skill over 600 increase the chance to get such things as Planar Energy, but I'm not sure.
    By doing the three guild-harvest-dailies (a 10-min-run) I got every time 1-3 Planar Energies (1300-1350 harvesting-skills).
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Way back when, Domino outlined the harvesting process for us. Basically, each zone had a minimum skill level needed to harvest it. If you were above that skill level, you had a greater chance to roll on the "better harvest" table to get multiple harvests and rares. Now you can (attempt to) harvest in any zone, but the dice roll behind the scenes is probably still choosing which loot table to use based on your harvest skill with bonuses vs. the "base level" for that zone's harvests.

Once you have your harvesting skill a bit above the max, then concentrate on building rare harvest chance (usually by leveling a harvesting familiar) and bountiful harvest (mounts, familiar, some harvesting gear, "nail" white adorns.

I generally try to get bountiful harvest to around 100% (because the more times you harvest, the more chances to get a rare). If you are level 95+, look for level 95 chest, leg, and foot armor your class can equip... most of it has two white adorn slots, and there you can equip Celestial Nail of Harvests that give +5.5% bountiful harvest. The Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl from What Dreams May Come in Great Divide gives +27% bountiful harvest. Mark of the Far Seas from the AoM crafting timeline gives +10% bountiful harvest.

I also try to get rare harvest chance as high as I possibly can. Some of the older Beta tradeskill rewards increase rare harvesting chance. Some crafting familiars are also helpful: the Gaggelu Pearwood familiar from the PoP tradeskill timeline, as well as the Mischievous Beasty familiar from the Anchorage tradeskill quests in Cobalt Scar add extra rare harvest chance, and the rare chance from these increases if you level the familiar some. The Girdle of the Vigilant from the BoL tradeskill prelude quest gives +5% rare harvest chance. I think all the mount tack with "of Harvesting" in the title also gives a varying amount of bonus to rare harvesting chance.
    Xillean, Breanna and Yenk like this.
  4. Yenk Active Member

Thats nice, thx. I have got 115 bountiful, but more than 100 is nonsense, because there is never a triple harvest, only double. Now I will kick two bountiful-nails and replace them with two harvesting-nails.

I also equipped some level-95-gear with two nails, but not the chest. Gi of the Ashen Artisan gives 18 bountiful (12 and 1 Mischievous nail of harvests), a level-95-chest only gives 12 bountiful (2 Mischievous nails of harvests) But thanks anyway!
  5. Thailander New Member

Thank you for the reply, i read all of it. woot woot !
  6. Thailander New Member

Thank you for the reply, i read all of it !
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Wh

Why celestial and not mischievous? The latter is 6% and usually cheaper on the broker. Same for harvesting nails. 15 vs 12.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Didn't have one handy to remind me when writing ;)
    Zynt likes this.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Gotcha, just making sure I wasn't missing something.