What about...

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Rashaak, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

[p]So, was reviewing the Test Update notes posted today for GU32 that's coming up...some kewl things for crafters...but what I don't understand is[/p][p] Tradeskilled arrows now have the following properties: Broadhead arrows: High damage, low range, low accuracy, slashing damage type. (These arrows were formerly known as hunting arrows.) Bodkin arrows: Medium damage, medium range, medium accuracy, piercing damage type. Field point arrows: Low damage, high range, high accuracy, crushing damage type. (These arrows were formerly known as rounded arrows.)[/p][p]Why is there no updates for throwing daggers, hammers, and axes? Not sure if rare's are still able to be used to make 'mastercrafted' arrows...but daggers, hammers, and axes have had no recipe for those either...[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

They are redoing all the ammo. After 32 if all goes well a pristine combo will net 100 :) They removed the rare arrows in the revamp I believe...
  3. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

I understand the ammo stacks change...what I'm talking about are the new changes to arrows only to where they have new property's added...
    like high damage, low range...
    or medium damage, medium range...etc...

It's only being applyed to arrows....few things wrong...
    It's not being implemented with throwing daggers, axes, or hammers
    Even though it's giving more value to a crafted arrow it's gonna piss off those who still don't have a consumable to sell in their craft...i.e. Weaponsmith (who used to have these recipes) and Armorsmith...
  4. ARCHIVED-Wrapye Guest

I'd like to see some changes to the thrown weapons, so that there is a reason to purchase the crafted variety. I think there was mention in the old forum that crafted thrown ammo will do more damage than store-bought, but can't look it up now. All the outfitter classes are lacking expendables, and carpenters don't get them till they can make repair kits, so this is not something limited to armorers and weaponsmiths. I have seven crafters (only missing sage and weaponsmith) so I know well how slowly some classes advance, and how poorly much of what they do make sells.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

[p]Don't get me wrong..I know there are more classes than Weaponsmith and Armorer, I was using those classes as examples. The fact is, certain crafts seem to keep getting more and more consumables/expendables while other crafts loose recipes...[/p][p]There really was no difference between store bought and crafted, however if you used auto attack versus CA. You could use tin arrows all the way to 70 if you only used the arrows for your CA, because the damage doesn't come from the arrows, it comes from the CA...however if you are Autoattacking with ranged, you'll do less damage with the lower tier arrow or throwing weapon...in which case you would want the higher tier ranged weapons if you spent more time using ranged autoattack than your CA's...[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Krontak Guest

You can be assured I'm all for giving weaponsmiths back some expendable ammo. Like I mentioned in the wiped forum, if your gonna give throwing weapons to other tradeskillers, why don't you just go ahead and take the weapon out of them. Make them throwing chunks of wood or something. Making throwing weapons a better quality is just throwing salt in the weaponsmiths wounds.
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

/digs franticly through her hard drive This is Ilucide's post about ammo changes from Feb 2.
    And on follow up response:
    Mastercrafted arrows were removed in the Great Crafting Revamp (LU 24)
  8. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

I'm really hoping that throwing knives fall under some sort of improvement too... I was really hoping to actively use throwing knives for my Troub...