What about poisons

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Drauhia, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Drauhia New Member

My poisons used to hit for a million. Now that I have more stats I noticed that all they do is the base damage. Did I do something wrong? Or it's a new unnoticed nerf?
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

when did they hit for a million? before last patch?
  3. Drauhia New Member

Last time I checked must have been even longer, but wasnt really into what damage it would do, now that we try raiding I checked ACT and it is 0% overall, I remember using infused savants caustic and it hit for 1m+
  4. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Red poisons (caustic, hemotoxin) damage got nerfed years ago (want to say after/around KA - not sure on exact timeline since I took a break between Fabled Zek and BoL, but during KA I was still using them). The only ones that are worth anything nowadays are the debuff poisons and ignorant bliss. At least on Live - not sure on Kaladim.
    Bludd and Tangris like this.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yeah it's another one of those things where you can put a fair amount of AA into boosting your poisons to go from 0%, all the way to 0%. Such great design.
    Argosunited likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As said, damage poisons like hemo/caustic took a major hit as to be worthless. Now it's mostly debuff "poisons." Actually, if you look at most of the potions currently in use, they're worthless. Power regen doesn't work at all. Thankfully mana stones still are around.
    Breanna and Radi like this.
  7. Radi Member

And AA-upgrades for some classes still include poisons. Developers are usually silent :confused: