Whar are the differences between the 2 brawlers ?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

I just know that Monks get Tsunami in the 50s, which is a 20 sec immunity to melee attack, they also bring group feign death (on a semi long recast), casting speed buf and they have altruism (but bruisers too).

They don't seem to have much blue aoe/taunt and usually prfer single encounters.

Beyond that i don't know anything, which one is the best tank ? which one solo better ? which one is the most group friendly, which one is the best flip-flop shiny/harvesting gangster?
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You pretty much have it, other than the fun fact bruiser lightning fist is currently broken in a good way. Another thing of note is monk gets Peel in RoK, while bruiser gets crappy divide and conquer. Monk is hard to mass pull with, because they have long recast on taunts and the 2 blue AOEs (one from AA), and they don't have reactive aggro like the plate tanks get so they have to actually hit the mobs to proc threat, which is not always possible when pulling more than 8... or a shaman rips heal aggro on pull and your aoe doesn't proc threat. You can spec for a temp buff for AE auto attack which helps, but you still have to move and switch targets a lot compared to plate tanks... since you literally can't hit all the mobs at once... which can be annoying for dps and get people frontal'd more often.

But other than mass pulling trash, they are pretty solid. I can't compare much to bruiser because I haven't played on in years and don't remember much about it, other than bruiser heal is self only with faster recast, monk heal is anyone you target but on longer recast. Also the group FD is great solo for an emergency backup FD and tsunami is great for training in any situation.
    Kalika likes this.