We're Nerfed Alot, But Who Here Can Still Rage? Berserker Strat 101

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great, Apr 12, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-loshe Guest

2. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

Dude...a Heiro Crook (one of the weaps mentioned above) is kinda standard fare for the 45+ crowd. Sure the Royal Flail is a bit exotic but for the majority of peeps responding (45+) the kind of weaps being mentioned are not that abnormal. Also, othre classes get some pretty darn nice weaps...usually it Porshe vs Porsche in many groups.
  3. ARCHIVED-Roknor Guest

I guess I can understand where you are saying that not everyone has these fabled weapons that are ready to drop raid mobs, but that's no one's fault but your own. If you havnt lucked out in finding one, tough luck, however you can go harvest an ebon and get a sword that is almost as good as a master and will give you over 250dps. Beleive it or not I have done it. I'm not trying to say you suck if you dont have a master or an ebon weapon, just saying you cant call someone a liar because they can blast out 300+ dps on mobs. You dont have a master weapon, you dont know what you're talking about, you probably dont have any adept 3's either. If you cant even get an ebon, you just take the 3 hours out of your life to do the H-crook heritage. I never personally used it because I found my Sharlian Maul back in december when i was 38 in CT. So when i hit 40 i had that. Just gotta make the best out of what you have and wish you were lucky I guess lol. It's my luck that I let monks get the RGF before me and then they change the CL instance, but I lived.

Overall, wait to reply again when you have a legendary+ weapon,

Roknor - First 50 Berserker on Steamfont (1/19/05) - Leader of Valiance
  4. ARCHIVED-loshe Guest

I am writing in reply to this post

Roknor wrote:
    You know sabin is not bull[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ting you with 300dps. I can tell you that strait up. I currently use a prismatic 2hs sword and have a sharlian maul (master 55.1 weapon w/ 130proc) and have hit over 300dps.
  5. ARCHIVED-loshe Guest

You are missing the whole point.
    COMPARE what other classes have and what they are using, drop down to what level parts they are using and RECOMPARE your DPS. Dont tell me you can out DPS just because you have better stuff and no one else wants to invest the time or can raid for it.
    If a wiz is doing adept 1, compare YOUR adept 1s and see where you stack.
  6. ARCHIVED-CherobylJoe Guest

K but I still cant follow your point bro. They stated they parse the Heiro at 200-250dps....even if they took the "uber" weaps (say anything that is master 55.1 and better out of the equation) its still alotta dps on the table.

I guess what I'm saying is the guys are comparing the porshes they own but almost anyone can get the BMW (Heiro) and it still does a pretty darn good job.

I have the Porsche-lite (sparkling claymore with 55.1 rating-no proc) and it was like night and day when I started using this (when I hit the 174 atk speed in HUD dps goes into hyper drive).
    I dont think anyone is deliberately trying to flame here...I believe Sabin now with his Flail can do a truckload of dps...but thats ok because I imagine the true DPS classes (scouts etc) ahve their own Porsches to keep dps parity.
  7. ARCHIVED-DaranHB Guest

Best way to make the comparisons would be to use player crafted weapons, this way it doesnt matter who uses the weapon or who is using what weapon, the numbers are all generated on a level playing field.

Having said that, I wouldnt really care what the results are, but the scientist in me automatically thinks in terms of the number of variables vs. number of constants in a comparitive study.

Oh and regardless of level/equipment/nerf/nonnerf/race/creed/color/flippers ........We still Rage! :smileymad:
  8. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

The problem i have with this thread is , that its the type of thread that gets us nerfed even more..... wooptie do with 300+ DPs Sabin Claims he can do, that type of talk is what is screwing berserkers over, esp when scouts etc read the thread.....

Keep bragging about our "dps" so it can get nerfed down even more since Dev's ALWAYS LOOK AT ZERKERS FIRST FOR THE NERF BAT...

Sabin if your group has a wizard and a warlock and you still do 300+ dps then they suck, because mine always does and i wish i can go over 200 dps consistent
  9. ARCHIVED-Shenlung Guest

Ton of ego and frutration floatin' in this topic, but despite all that this has been some of the best discussion I seen and I been to some of the Scout/Swash and Monk boards. Learned a lot on how weapons and procs work, which all may change after this discussion but valuable none the less. Also glad to get verification on techniques I use, or a kick in the butt for things I need to do more of, or things I should forward to when I gain the levels. (what I originally came to this board for) Even though so far I have not seen anyone recommending the choice I took 5 levels ago for the level 20 class trait I feel better about the choice I did make (taunt with chance to proc berserk) In the sense I was wondering if by seeing more than 1 berserk fist icon up actually meant they were stacking or if it was just a display bug. Granted that wasn't addressed here but I believe I still got my answer.

Another thing that was good to get confirmation on was I try to keep Bloodlust and Blood Rage always up during combat and was wondering if it was worth the sacrifices. Sounds like the answer is yes, except in extreme situations. Do you guys use Blood Rage when you are the tank for an extremely tough mob? I realize that is relative but keeping to the point a tough mob at my level (e.g. Scarab Queen with 4 double up minions) still seems to tear me apart if I got Blood Rage on.

Couple requests though since the goal is improve all us up and coming zerk types:
    - Someone said the BBC was not worth it, did they mean the Electrified Bone Bladed Claymore quests were a waste of time?
    - Priority listing of what skills/spells should be upgraded to Adept III...so if you only have 1 Jasper you know what to use it for
    - Weapon Guide

Granted the 3rd one cannot be answered here and is going to be an algorithm of what is the goal, what is the proc, etc. But it would go a long way to help people decide what to use their Rare harvests for and/or decide which quests are worth their time and which ones are simply a waste.

Not everyone may post to blow sunshine up your pie hole, but I for one give all you players a big shout out - thanks.

Fogel -
    Barbarian Berserker of the Mistmoore server
  10. ARCHIVED-Norgoz Guest

I dropped in to check on how this arguement/discussion (depending on who you are you may see it as one or the other) was going and I found something I'd like to comment on.

I skimmed through the posts after this and didn't see anyone comment on this... Here's what I have to say. I'll keep it short and simple.

"Learn your class"? Sounds more to me like you need to learn the difference between a tank's actual DPS and the DPS added on by a damage shield before you tell anyone to "learn their class". You didn't cast that damage shield, that's NOT your DPS.
    Message Edited by Norgoz on 04-30-2005 02:01 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great Guest

Rok meant that EBBC wasn't worth it because it caps out at level 52 I think, and the current max is level 50. So in this respect a Pristine Ebon imbued is just as good and alot less effort.
    At T3 for an adept 3 you should get Blood Rage. It's the only skill at that level 50 that you get that you'll use.
    A quick weapons guide (and some other people can probably help you out more than myself):
    • T3: You should work on getting a Shiny Brass Halbred. Basically at this level you have so few procs that you want to work on good damage ratings and stats.
    • T4: Polished Granite Tomahawk is your best friend. I didn't get one back then but I wish I would've. As a second hand weapon get whatever the best dual wielder you can find. Or you can tank with a PGT + Shield
    • T5: Pristine Imbued Ebon Greatswords are good. If you can't get an ebon, then stick with PGT + something else till you can get your Heirophants Crook. If you want to know the best weapons for you at this level fabled or not here's a quick few. Royal Great Flail is #1. It swings slow as molasis, but it makes you proc like a mad man. Prismatic Great Sword of the Scale would be on roughly the same level as the flail. This puppy is a monster, if it was slower it'd be the best. It gives regen per tick + a healthy proc with a 59 damage rating. After those then would probably be the Warstaff of the Boar (not sure if this is the exact name). Same proc as a the flail but its abit faster for speed.
    Hope this helps you out bud. And despite differing opinions on this post you can still go nuts without a fabled weapon.
  13. ARCHIVED-berzurk Guest

hiya just wondering where u got that dps thing that calculates all the dmg
  14. ARCHIVED-Sapient Guest

Interesting screenshots Sabin, althought when i look at the parser i notice you doing like 8k dmg, now those tyr's dont really have much health, and i'm assuming your grping with buff'ers and / or lvl 47-50 scouts and mages, and there not doing [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] for dps ( seen our healers crank out more) , which can explain why your dps is making up for what there lacking. i do about 270dps with the 1hander screaming mace at lvl 48, and i'm duel weilding prisitne imbued fighting baton and Serrated Bonedirk, and i'm useing the Monsoon sword of the swiftwind 2hander. i'll try and post my parsers with these weaps, see how it compares.
  15. ARCHIVED-Roknor Guest

This is in response to who ever said the people in Sabins group are lacking DPS.

If I am not mistaken the people in Sabins group were trying to let him do all the DPS so he can prove his point. The point that berserkers can hit over 300dps with np. Which even others are comming out and saying its not even hard to do, because it really isnt. It is all about knowing how to play your class and which skills to use when. Such as, which skill has a debuff? If you do not know this question you really have no room to talk in this forum about dps :) I just got my Royal Great Flail a few nights ago finally, after waiting for about 8 other of my guildies to get one. I strongly think and am willing to bet that in a group with this flail if you have all your skills up you can hit over 400dps. This is hitting for 500+ on a normal hit with 12% chance to proc for 200-300dmg. Now, knowing that alone put in frenzy, vanquish, relentless battering, rupture, mutilate, enrage, anarchy, blood rage, and the others im too lazy to list. Now of coarse hitting for 500+ on a normal hit I have some buffs in the group, i will not deny it. Normally I have a mystic, inquisitor, dirge, berserker, guardian and conjurer in my group. That right there is not even a full dps group. If you put a trobadour instead of the dirge, and a fury for the guardian, you can reach even higher DPS. I have not parsed with my RGF because I just dont really care lol. I like the numbers I see, so I just let myself beleive :) I will just go off of what Sabin is claiming because I have similar adepts to him, and a few peices of gear that are better, which is only because i have been 50 and raiding for a month or so longer than him. The thing that makes the RGF unique imo is the 3.2 delay. People think oh it sucks because of that. You stick our 50% haste buffs + berserk + fbss + other haste buffs in group its going to probably drop down to a 2.0ish rating. Now as someone was saying earlier maybe its not fair for us to say this because we have all this crazy gear/weapons. Maybe you are right and its not fair, however I have been a 50 berserker since Jan. 19th, 2005 and listen. When I hit 50 I had the only master dropped weapon anyone in Legacy had ever seen (Legacy was steamfonts high end guild, died due to an inactive leader). That is when statalyzer or w/e that parser is called came out, around that time. I was testing between my Sharlian Maul, Hcrook, BBC, and SBD/SSoY combo. Now my Sharlian Maul had about a 30dps lead over the Hcrook, however they were both parsing in the high to mid 200's. My group at the time was a bruiser, trobadour, templar, assasin, berserker, and a wizard. This was before they un-nerfed wiz's however. This was parsed off the PF giants, all around the zone. This also was before any ebon gear, raid gear, or anything to that sort had ever even been seen on Steamfont. Yes I know, its sad. None of our armorers could keep up with the 15 or so hard core grinders. Sabin was actually the highest armorer on the server for a long time. What I am trying to say overall is if you have an Hcrook, Ebon 2hs, or BBC you should really not have a problem hitting the 250+ dps. If you do you need to take the time, go through your skills, and inspect each and every one of them and learn what they do. When you do this and you still cannot hit the 250+ dps, well your group must really be bad, sorry.

Thank You,

Roknor - First 50 Berserker on Steamfont - Leader of Valiance
  16. ARCHIVED-Roknor Guest

and this is where i accidently posted the same post 2 times.... roflmao

Message Edited by Roknor on 05-05-2005 08:35 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Sabin the Great Guest

First I want to say good post, and I would very much like to see those parses when you get them. If you can link them, I'll throw the links in with mine.
    I do want to address the common misconception that big DPS is easier to achieve when you're doing all of it. This simply isn't the case. The reasons for this are as follows: Reason 1: your best damage skills on a single target are Vanquish and Frenzy. After your use these skills your DPS down hill. So if you have someone helping to burn down the mobs, the faster the parse stops the closer your will be to our highest DPS point. Reason 2: Your optimal dps is done in the first 25-30 seconds of a fight. I prebuff anarchy and bloodrage on my run-in to pull, so the first 25-30 seconds are my window when these skills are up and giving me a chance to proc. If you are having to do the majority of the damage the greater the likelyhood is that these will run out and further decrease your dps. Reason 3 (group specific): If you're grouped with a warlock, wiz, caster, they're generally much better at burning down melee mobs, and you're generally much better at burning down Caster mobs. So if you have someone in the group that can lob a 2-3k damage nuke on that physical mitigating mob you're wailing on you've got alot better chance to do big DPS. For example, I was at the entrance to the efreeti bastion with a warlock friend of mine (Nezza) and we were both parsing 400 dps on the herioc groups there. He would take the melee and I would take the caster and they'd both be dead before they knew what hit them (at the time he was 50 and I was 49 or 50, so the efreeti's would've been coning white-blue).
    I also want to ask that anyone who has a parse picture of them using a Pristine Imbued Ebon 2-Hander, Dual Wields, etc. if you could please post it on your page and link it. Once I get enough I'm going to start a new page, to highlight Berserker DPS with different weapons so people can get a flavor of everything.