well that's disappointing

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Xavion, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Pharone Active Member

For those of us that like TLE servers (and TLP servers on EQ1), we will play on these servers no matter what. The bonus you get on Live servers for us is just that... a bonus. But, we will play on the TLE server with or with out it.

I'm sorry that you feel obligated to play on a server you don't like just so you can min/max your Live server characters with gear that will likely be replaced on your Live server characters when the next expansion comes out.

I mean seriously. Give it a rest. If you are a min/maxer and you have gotten the BiS raid gear on your Live server, then you are not going to be in bad shape by not getting a HQ item because you didn't play on the TLE server.

You people went jack crap crazy with this same argument when the PGs came out... screaming that the BiS is gated behind PGs... OMG... WHAT WILL I DO?!?!?!?!..!!..!

Do you honestly expect anybody here to believe that you are any less uber just because you didn't get the HQ items from playing on Fallen Gate? Really? I mean... REALLY? So, you're telling me your BiS raid gear from the last expansion is suddenly pure crap because of the PG and HQ gear? NO. It's not. Now shut up.
  2. knine Well-Known Member

Cool. Remove the obnoxious perk then. See how it goes. And since they messed up coding with sta on items they added health lol. So when you have a 14 resolve item with 6k health that can be replaced with a legendary not earned on live server with 20 resolve and 199k health lol, yes that's an issue. Cool story that you like TLE. PG still has the awesome gear, but at least you don't have to grind levels of the same content over and over. If they want to allow you to use the gear on live it should be earned on live. So please enjoy your cold glass :)
  3. Pharone Active Member

And.... meh.
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

The fact that the name of the game has the word quest in it literally has zero to do with how the game is designed or played and never has. All of the best crap has always come from grinding dungeons and raiding. Even the few real quests that originally existed back when EverQuest was brand new involved grinding, camping, and raiding.

Having to log onto a different server, roll a new character, and complete 15 year old quests to get a top item for your raid geared toon on your home server is really kind of messed up. I play on TLE servers because I want to. I'd be equally pissed if to get a top item on Stormhold or Fallen Gate I had to log onto Maj'Dul and grind a hundred deity points or some such nonsense.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  5. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I think the worst part is the fact that this will probably going to be a continuing reoccurring issue. What you have to remember is that this is a permanent progression server, with expansion unlocks every 4mos.. So HQ items aside, now we have a new progression server that people are going to flock to, spreading the population thinner than what it is already and putting the final nail in the coffin for groups on live.. because let's be honest for a minute, grouping is pretty much dead.

Now let's add the fact that the HQ items from the TLE are better than anything you're going to get on Live, and those few people that might run groups are now grinding levels on a new server doing old stuff so they can get these new items. Also now that they've done this, I can foresee them doing it for other HQ items that come out with the expansion unlocks, meaning you'll have to keep that toon up to par which will take away from playing on live and those people then fall behind and guilds lose members. I say this because it's the same thing that happened when Stormhold came out.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, leveling on TLE isn't like leveling on a live server. If you want those T5+ HQ rewards you're going to have to actually play on Fallen Gate, at least to a degree. Some, like Lost Legend of Lavastorm, are going to take some coordinating to complete as well, so you'll either have to get lucky with groups, bring your guild over to do it together, or cultivate new relationships on Fallen Gate. Either way, welcome to Fallen Gate. You'll be here awhile.
    Pharone likes this.
  7. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

No I won't, cuz I'm not making a toon there :) I didn't start playing from launch, but I have been playing long enough to have already played the game the old school way with multiple toons. I have no desire to go back and redo everything that I've done before, not even for these "super awesome" HQ items. Just means the amount I log in will start dwindling down, since everyone's gonna be doing that and there won't be anything to do on Live soon
    VGScastaway and Merriel like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

^^^This, all the way! It's just DBG's way of being able to 'prove' that others wanted this as they are now playing on the new server...basically embellishing the truth because the only reason many of those playing on that server is because of the 'incentive' dangled in front of their noses. Remove those incentives and the population on those new servers will dwindle, just as Knine stated. Just as I have refused to make a new character on the IoR server, so I refuse to make a new character on this server. Even if no one else wants to take a stance on this, I will.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Are you mistakenly thinking that the new TL server Fallen Gate is Free to Play? It isn't. If you know it requires a sub, then as others have said, Prestige is no big deal because you'll already have the sub going anyway.

The sub even helps you on the live servers: You can sell on the broker without buying tokens from the marketplace, you get double currency in-game, and more character slots automatically. You can also train your spells to Grandmaster, besides being able to use Prestige items. Even most SC shop items are discounted by 10% for you, and you get a 500 SC allotment back per month besides! :)

Give FG a chance. Everyone is having a blast, and you could be, too. Join the fun! You can even get a hilarious new mount on every character on every server you're on just for dinging 10 on FG. Even if you're not even trying you can do that.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

You can do what you want, but it's not just "incentives" drawing people there. Itemization is excellent so far, and it's cool to start on a new server with an economy that hasn't been blown to smithereens. It's a little tougher than live, but it gives a little of that launch-era flavor to EQ2, which is also nice.

More than anything, there are tons of players there who clearly have not played EQ2 before, or in many years. You can tell by their questions. That alone should tell you there's more going on than "incentives." These people obviously do not have leagues of mains and alts on the live servers to even care about getting "incentives" for.
  11. dj000 Member

Moar rage and complaining. Logging back into Fallen Gate. Peace out.

The more I read these forums the more I understand why fewer game companies have official forums. They are seldom helpful and full of crybaby's. Go make your own game if you don't like this one :p
    Pharone likes this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

I deleted four characters on my "main" server to create new ones on Fallen Gate. I'm having a LOT more fun actually questing and grouping, instead of grinding solo zones and PGs.
    Siren likes this.
  13. harvash Active Member

What is disappointing is the hand-wringing and despair that I can't figure out.

Which is it:
    1. ZOMG - everyone is playing on FG, I have no pixelated friends!!11!

OR

2. What a stupid server, no one wants this garbage.

I mean, the naysayers don't seem to have their story in order....Statement #1 precludes Statement #2 and vise-versa.

That said, I have been enjoying the time on the new server, playing a GAME that I enjoy.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Taking a stance? Seriously? How noble of you sir.

If you don't want to play on a new server, then don't. That's not taking a stance. New products aren't for everyone. This one isn't for you, obviously. Oh well.

However, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that simply because you didn't want it, and the people who play on standard servers with you didn't want it, that others did not. Many of us are quite happy for a chance to "reboot" the TLE concept after Stormhold's questionable implementation. A ton of people are trying out Fallen Gate this week. Contrary to what some of you people believe, not everyone is there for the HQ rewards. Not even remotely. There are a lot of people who are using this as an opportunity to check out EQ2 for the first time. A lot are Stormhold refugees like myself who are cautiously optimistic that Daybreak learned from their screw ups on Stormhold, and so far it's looking like they just might have. Some are people who are just tired of Kunark Ascending's playstyle. There are a gamut of reasons, of which the HQ rewards are only one.

Now run along.
    Dude, Draknox, harvash and 1 other person like this.
  15. Draxidmalcavian New Member

There is supposed to be some sort of progression. Making you do things other than live should only help you in those mini games (pg, nonlive servers, ect.). Questing should get you good gear, but best in slot comes from raid. If not, there is no point of playing the content.
  16. Nagash Member

Meaghan Stormfire is my Fallen Gate Champion. :)
  17. xyviz New Member

I think there is a limit to the number of prestige items you can equip unless thats been changed in the last month
  18. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

You're thinking of the relic and greater relic flags, which are limited to 2 and 1 per toon, respectively. Prestige is a flag which checks for paid premium membership. I believe servers which require premium membership are called prestige servers as well. Easy to remember. :)

In other words, I am not aware of a limit on prestige items, just relics.
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Aveeda New Member

So what good is the inheritance merchant if you cant buy from him. I have searched and searched for info as to how you acquire the inheritance certificate he requires. I can find no info...someone please help!!
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

From the Fallen Gate announcement:

"Completion of any HQ (heritage quest) on the Fallen Gate server will not only provide the normal reward but also make a level appropriate version available for all your characters!

Once you have earned your reward, pick them up on any server from Fracture the Inheritance merchants located in Freeport and Qeynos. "

So it's my understanding, you have to complete the same heritage quest on Fallen Gate to gain what is basically a flag for your account that allows you to buy the upgraded versions on the other servers.

I've not played a whole lot on FG myself, so I can't tell you from experience exactly how it works.