Well, if you aren't a 100 TS'er...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kheldar, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Kheldar Active Member

And didn't buy the expensive PoP expansion, for only $35.00 US, you can get the level 100 Boost from Services on the DBCash Store!!!!
    Yippeeeeee!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Crastinal Active Member

...and help kill the game for crafters, since now it is absolutely trivial to tinker/adorn at max level in a week, even if you have no idea what you're doing. So, basically after 3 expansions not adding anything for max level crafters to do in game except fluff, or temporary equipment, now anyone gets to be level 100 as long as you have DBCash to spare.

WOWZERS, WHAT A GENIUS MOVE!
  3. Argosunited Well-Known Member

and suddenly it's clear why the tradeskill sig line rewards adventure stuff.
    Finora, Juraiya, Tkia and 4 others like this.
  4. Monkybones Member

Uh, I don't get what your trying to say. Sure, you can spend $35.00 to boost to 100 but then what? Your still not at max level and STILL need the expansion to get to 110. So whats the point?
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Because there's literally nothing left to do after finishing the sig line, hence no need for tradeskill items? Right.
  6. Determind Active Member

How do I get to 100 in tinkering/adorning in a week? So far the only convenient way I have found to level those are with the dailies...
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Adorning you can do in a couple hours tops via dilutions and distillations
    Check the recipe merchant for those books
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The other way is simply pick your highest levels of tinkering recipes, pick an item to craft, let it complete maybe 2 bars, 3 bars tops, then "stop." Rinse and repeat. As you level up, make sure you have recipes to scribe as your skill goes up. While not "convenient," it will do the trick. You can change recipes at high level, since the old phrase, familiarity breeds contempt, ensures you keep getting tinkering levels.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

or you can use the simple work bench.
    Lateana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Kheldar Active Member

You don't even have to go to two bars. Finish one and stop.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You really have to wonder what's going through the devs' minds...don't they want 1/3 to 1/2 their customer base to be happy? :-/

Uwk
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

For tinkering, you use more materials if you don't finish all 4 bars... so be aware.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

I do the dailies on my main she is maxed out so if htey have a raise level it doesn't take long
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mermut like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I did the dailies and then would return to my guild hall and pick an item or items and craft them for maybe an hour. I completed all bars on every single one and like Kuulei said, it saves materials. Took me about a week to max out all three.

I did read somewhere that it does not matter what level tinkered item you choose to make as the skill gain check does not work the same as the skill checks for the other tradeskills. Not sure on this as I just have a tendancy to make max level items to gain. I also check the broker to see if one of the items that is at level or higher that I can make sell so they are not just sold to a merchant.

Ohh and this may sound insane and it probably is, but I found with me, and it worked for hubby also that if we went 4-5 items with no skill gain, if we moved and then continued crafting, we would start gaining again, like swimming I guess.
  15. Kheldar Active Member

That is true, I remember that from leveling up my tinkers (and adorners). Move around a bit, it does seem to jog the skillups. Probably some code to discourage botters :p.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! I'll have to do that, next time. I, too, prefer to use the hardest thing to make possible, just in case; I've often found that if I try to make green or blue (or even white) items, I get diddly squat for skill-ups, even if I'm just starting out the session with them. But I haven't tried the "dance to the anti-bot gods" yet. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Determind Active Member

Why stop at 2 to 3 bars if it uses more mats?
  18. Melkior Well-Known Member

Because it is significantly faster. If you have the mats to burn, like many do, you can skill up way faster. For myself, even with fully stocked Harvest boxes, I finish them. Mostly because I am not usually in that big a hurry to get those leveled. It's more of a side project since I have other toons that are already maxed.
  19. Iuvili Member

Sorry, but I don't believe that. I did some "free wheeling" tinkering and never noticed that. Most of my tinkering I did years ago through the daily TS quests. You get 10 of each material, and you finish just fine, no matter how many bars you finish. It makes no sense to use more material if you finish only 1 bar.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

When you finish 4 bars of tinkering recipes, you get some mats back. If you don't you don't get any mats back. So, techinically, you don't 'use more' if you don't finish all 4 bars.. but you still end up with more mats if you do finish all 4.