Well Daybreak just killed an entire trade skill on Fallen gate

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Shaidin, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Shaidin Member

Well looks like you can now research all your spells and upgrade instantly for station cash.... guess I'm selling my Mats on the Broker house to the people how haven't noticed yet.
  2. Xephane Active Member

Research doesn't kill the trade in any way. Do you really think everybody is just paying for things on this server? It feels like half of the threads on these forums are either complaints about the rewards, or complaining about "everybody buying their way". Just stop, please.
    Siren, Spindle and Lateana like this.
  3. Shaidin Member

It's not even about. "Buying my way" its about making spell making obsolete. Why hire a Scribe who either got lucky and looted his advanced book or bought one for a crazy price on the broker and pay him for his hard work and grind thru REALLY crappy xp , 5000 wood and roots for TS 30-40 when you can just click a button and go to bed for a few hours.... as a matter of fact with this in place why even level a scribe?

Besides what does research even have to do with the current expansion?
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Oh please. Spell research takes FOREVER. And although there are that 1-2% of whales shopping in every MMORPG's cash shop, the other 98% of players aren't. Chill out.
  5. Apple New Member

You are making up random statistics and trying to support your argument with those made up statistics. He has a legitimate complaint. White knighting is really getting old.
    dirgenoobforreal and Epicus like this.
  6. Xephane Active Member

It isn't obsolete, it's an alternate method but they both yield the same results. Sure with research being available nobody HAS to make a spell crafter, but people still will because research actually does take quite a lot of time, especially the higher level you go. You can only research ONE spell at a time, even if the spell could take 2+ days to research one tier worth. Crafting an expert book takes away days of research time, so in no way is this class going to be "dead". You are just being dramatic and I highly doubt developers are going to listen to you.

What you see as a "reasonable point" is just more whining that is going to get ignored/drowned out. Have fun!
    Spindle, Darkale and Siren like this.
  7. Xephane Active Member

I would agree with the making up statistics, but to see his complaint as legitimate, that I can't agree with. It's just another excuse to whine like most threads on the TLE forums.
    Spindle and Darkale like this.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Spell research isn't new...
  9. Shaidin Member

Shrug, Whine or not, I know at least 1 of the 3 40+ scribes (not me I'm only 23) has simply walked away.. So I can say as a fact that I KNOW that 33% of the T5 scribes have quit :)
  10. Xephane Active Member

And yet you didn't mention spell researching at one point in that entire sentence. I myself have took a break from crafting as a 25 provisioner to do other things because crafting and harvesting for hours on end can get tedious especially without vitality.
  11. Shaidin Member

Well there is a big is a big issue with the game..... "Its crap" and pretty much always has been. I simply came back to play it one last time before it gets shut down. (this is just my opinion but) If not for this money grab it probably wouldn't have made it to 2018....
  12. Xephane Active Member

The game itself isn't crap, it just hasn't been attended to properly in a long time. The company who had decent things going for it sold out the game, so of course the new one is going to try to leech as much as they can out of it. However, this is also a fairly well designed TLE server that will have much greater success than the last. Cash grab or not, it's another attempt at a good idea that appeals to a mass of players.
    Spindle likes this.
  13. Shaidin Member

So far in this week what I have noticed that Master crafted rare bags in t3 selling for 1 gold or less because store bought bags are so cheap and most the gear I can make with rare fibers are barely equal to if not inferior to easy to get treasured drops. Now spell research has launched Many expansions early to make it harder on the scribes to sale anything.

Seriously who wants to grind endlessly at really low xp (I think I read its about 25% of stormhold) to make gear that no one wants due inferior stats... seriously I made a few imbued black iron weapons I got the Disco's on every single one of them and I havent been able to sale them at about 25-50 silver.
  14. Xephane Active Member

Store bought bags aren't the reason for cheap bags on the server. People don't have lots of gold/plat so there is only so much people can pay for them.
    In regards to gear, it is not SUPPOSED to be better than what you can obtain through adventuring. It is intended to be an upgrade for slots that haven't been upgraded yet. It isn't supposed to be equal to treasured/heroic gear.
    Scholars already had a difficult time selling things and it's always been that way. People love to over price things, people would rather make their own or grab a friend to make the spell for them with the ridiculous prices people charge on the broker. Spell research, as stated, is really best used as a tool to upgrade to Master/Grandmaster. Wasting time using it to get a spell that could cost less than a gold is silly. I also mentioned how one spell already takes long enough to research, but more than one of them can take weeks, especially upgrading all tiers, even at a lower level.

For experience, I've seen a lot of posts on this and I somewhat agree, the experience does need a slight boost around the board to make it more fun for everybody, but it is still playable, and there is only 50 levels right now. So it is actually okay, it just seems harder at lower levels but as you level up there is much more to do. In later expansions it will need a boost for sure, but for now it is okay. People just get this idea in their head that they have to find the faults in everything and this happens to be "the most noticeable one". Also, it isn't endless, it definitely does have an end, just set goals for yourself. Instead of thinking that you have to grind to top tier, think of each level as a new challenge.

Instead of asking for a boost, try a new mindset, it could just all be in your head. The exp was seemingly slow to me too, until I stopped paying attention to it. Now it is actually fine to me, sometimes all you need is a break. Go farm some shinies, harvest some things, farm some plat, help a friend. There's lots to do, just take your focus off of the negative and focus on the beauty that is "old" EQ2. You could be playing Kunark Ascending where it is no fun and literally all grind, for the new shiny BiS item, right?

Have fun and enjoy what we have while we still have it :)
    Spindle likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The only time I pay for spell research is on the live servers for my raiding toons right after new spells are introduced. Most people are not gonna buy spell upgrades at low levels, because you level out of those spells so incredibly quickly. It only makes sense for end-game toons, or perhaps a single important spell.

Chill, already!
    Prissetta, Spindle and Xephane like this.
  16. Shaidin Member

Actually YES! Mastercrafted absolutely is supposed to be a better than Treasured. It is the gear tier level between treasured and Legendary.

At this point I have to assume you are either 1: Are new here to eq2 2: have never been a crafter or 3: simply have no idea what you are talking about and I stopped reading your post at this point.

It appears they have completely homogenized the stats on items and now and hand crafted treasured and Mastercrafted are all items have all stats (str, agi, wis, int and sta) the same amounts, IE all of my lvl 22-27 mastercrafted and treasured armor armor all have =17 to all stats. The main difference is on mastercrafted and treasured you get either + a few points to casting skills or weapon skills.
    Mizgamer62, Sigrdrifa and Errrorr like this.
  17. Shaidin Member

It also Isn't vanilla content... sigh... Like all the extra races and the new starting areas, etc, etc

I really wanted to enjoy this server as one last hurrah before this IP dies but Daybreak is really making it hard.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was told quite curtly when I spoke up last year about the people demanding stuff on Stormhold that was specifically stated would never be available. I was also chastised being told that the TLE experience is a different mindset, that people wanted to go slowly and enjoy the content. That is not what I am seeing on FG. People doing whatever they can to get to cap within days of the server opening. Guilds dinging level 50 on day 2. In no way, shape, or form, is any of this going slowly and enjoying the content, its another version of RtT, even some using "methods" to outpace everybody that they know they should not be using.

Cyrrena
  19. Xephane Active Member

Unless I misread something, I was implying HC gear
    /shrug
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are two actual populations of FG. One group is for people who want the nostalgia and early game experience. The second is folks from live servers who want various rewards for use back on live.

For the second group, they just want to be in and out and they're gone. It doesn't matter if they get potions or rush to 50, they're migrants who will blow outta town once they get what they want. There are also some people who want to race to see who can get to the end fastest, people whose main goal is to raid and who are hurrying to get ready for that, etc.

These people in no way change the TLE experience for any of the rest of us. If they use vitality potions, so what? They are trying to level fast and are leapfrogging tons of delicious content that the folks enamored of TLE will be lingering over and enjoying. In a PVE environment, what other people do really doesn't affect others much... from my point of view, the speeders are cheating themselves out of hours of fun finding and discovering (or re-discovering) tons of quests, but that doesn't prevent ME from enjoying those quests.
    Xephane, Prissetta, Siren and 2 others like this.