Fixed Internally Weird Skygge bug/error

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by WhysperWynde, Mar 23, 2020.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I had a very weird bug happen that was quite devastating to my Kerra Khatana, she literally & figuratively DISAPPEARED after a mistake I made with Skygge. I had the Mount Window open because I wanted to see if I could load the Skygge image onto a mannequin in my Dragon Library; not realizing until later that I could just turn Skygge into a house item (he's too upsetting to play as for any length of time) which I did & he now resides in a large ceiling dangling cage in my "Draggin' Books Library" because he tears the book pages up & throws around & tries to drink the paint in pots on the shelves.He also wages war with the 3 other Dragons residing in the Library at once; regardless that they all have wings & can trounce him from the air & they are larger than him - he's violent & he doesn't care.

So when I saw the Appearance Tab at bottom center of the Mount Window, instead of just clicking there, I clicked there and Right Clicked at the same time ... there was a *click* and Khatana ceased to exist! She didn't show in game or in her Inventory Image Window or even in her place in the Lobby of my 15 characters. Such a loss! She is my Shieldmaiden Kerra (& Provisioner for Fish Eating Kerrans) along with my Kerran Armorsmith Khajiinet and my Kerran Weaponsmith Vatazha.

Violetann, an excellent dev at EQ2 who has solved my many problems, told that there had been previous problems with Skygge but that they'd been solved; so she told me to Clear Cache and to Verify Files for my EQ2 game and she gave me the links on how to do so. The first day nothing happened except a little bit of lagginess here and there that I didn't have before; but 2nd day Khatana was visible again and the lag was gone. So if anyone ever invisibilizes their character by mistake = Clear Cache and Verify Files is the answer. Probably the answer to a lot of problems.
    Marae, Whilhelmina, Lateana and 2 others like this.