Weird question from a newbie

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Wherejack42, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Wherejack42 New Member

So, I know there's a good and evil system for the races, and you can betray your cities or alignments somewhere down the line... But, what about the quests out in the world? Like, in Greater Faydark, there's that Dark Elf that clearly wants to take control of the Crushbone Orcs there for evil. Does doing his quests and other "evil" quests down the line change my alignment for the worse? Or is it all just flavor text? Thanks for any help you can give me! I'm playing a Fey, and I want to stick to the strictly good side of things for my first character.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Generally most quest-givers in the wild have a plotted track for good vs. evil players,but that's just based on how you answer their questions. There are quests that I won't do because I'm a big shiny paladin. that's entirely up to you and whether you roleplay.

Good vs. evil in the world doesn't really change you. But there is faction. Some factions you can gain or loose favor with. On your character window, there should be a Faction tab.
    Komatus likes this.
  3. Wherejack42 New Member

Gotcha, thanks! That helps a lot.
  4. Komatus Well-Known Member

There are some quests that are based on whether or not you are good or evil. One that comes to mind is the New Halas crafting timeline quest that has good/evil quests. You will get the correct quest based on your alignment. No worries about accidentally doing the wrong thing and switching alignment. :)
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

For better or worse, this game is not like SWtOR where your conversation choices in any particular quest series determine how much good or evil you are. The Betrayal system is the only quest series that does that, and then only to the extent of determining which cities are safe/dangerous for your character to travel in. As already mentioned, faction is the only thing that can be affected by your choices, and there are places where you need to improve faction with one group but might make faction with another group worse at the same time.
    Komatus likes this.