Weird anomalies with guild roster

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Malachani, May 26, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Ok, so my guild web site auto-updates our guild roster using the feed from eq2players. The problem is, alot of this information is incorrect. When I went to double check why it keeps showing a certain player as Leader, when his current in-game rank is "Vamp Pals", I noticed some odd things that happen as you sort.
    The guild URL is: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/Guild/925105/
    When you bring up the roster, and its sorted by name, you can see Heckler, with a rank of Leader. BUT, if you then sort by rank, it only shows one leader (as should be) and Heckler's name is no longer on the list anywhere. Sort again by name, and he's back.
    There are at least 7 other players that are stuck at the rank of applicant, tho they've all been promoted to a different rank (for alts) months ago.
    I can handle out-of-date information, or having updates only once a week or so as far as guild rosters go, but for people to be on the wrong rank for MONTHS (Heckler hasn't held a Leader role for at least 4 months), and straight up disappearing when sorting through other means... that is just bad coding.
    I love having the ability to show a guild roster on my guild web page, and have it auto-updated as changes occur in game. Other changes go through, like other promotions and demotions, but some are stubborn and stay for a long time. Is it possibly a case of a person not logging in since they were promoted/demoted, and that is why it hasn't updated on eq2players? Is there a way you can force these changes without relying on the players themselves logging in?
    [edit to add: after further testing, it turns out Heckler's name only disappears when you sort by rank from highest to lowest. He shows up in all other sorts]
  2. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

When sorting the guild roster, the top-most person on the list doesn't appear. This was documented some time ago and we have no idea when it will be fixed. But it HAS been noted multiple times.
    For the rank changing not updating, it is supposed to require the character in question to log in before it will update. However, I'm guessing the toons you mentioned have logged in since the rank change, so I have no idea what is wrong there.
  3. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

No, Heckler hasn't logged in since his rank was changed. He had a family emergency that took him away from game and he hasn't been back, thus why he was demoted.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Malachani wrote:
    That'd be why then. EQ2Players doesn't properly update ranks if the person who got promoted/demoted hasn't logged back since his rank change. This is a longstanding issue, could be a limitation of how EQ2Players gets its data from the live database.