Weekends are Better with Friends (and Bonuses!)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Tetrol Well-Known Member

yes - with a bunch of collections you can get any number of levels, but each ONE will only get you to 99.99% of the NEXT level (actually 0.0%, it doesn't click a new level until 0.1%). So if you cash in one big collection and it gets you to say 50 and 99.9% (just off 51) the best another collection can do is 51 and 99.9%. If you cashed in something like a butterfly collection in between and got 51 and 5%, another big collection can shoot you up as far as 52 99.9%. Cashing in a heap of big collections together is really inefficient, unless each one rewards less than 100% of a level, when it no longer matters.
  2. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Is the xp bonus and merc sale still going on today, or did it end at 12am pst? I'm not able to log on and check ATM, so if anyone could let me know, that'd be great. :)
  3. Puckbone Member

You may be right about the collections only taking you to 99.9% for any given collection turn in. But, how can you avoid this? How can you only turn in one at a time? Is there a way to choose which collection the Collector rewards you for? I've asked this a short while ago and was given the negative on this. I wanted to turn in only one collection that I needed to advance a quest, but didn't want to do a turn in on all of them, 'cuz I was waiting for an XP Bonus weekend.
  4. Belenos Well-Known Member

Okay, I see what you are saying there, gotcha. So raiding my collection depot for all those level 90 collections for my level 12 toon probably wasted a lot of experience. Now I understand it, but do NOT agree with it, and think it is nothing but a cheap-a** rip-off. I'll just add it to the other 5% of things I see in EQ II that I consider to be cheap, chintzy, lazy, flawed band-aid design (like the invisible 'lid' on the world that keeps you from flying over very low 'mountains' or 'hills' in some areas--and why the heck is this lid set so low in eastern Eidolon Jungle that it forces us to fly through the tree-top foliage??)

I try not to be too critical, since I am very happy with 95% of EQ II as it stands today, and 95% is a very good score for the devs, so I think they are doing 'a little' right ;), but all us old, over-the-hill curmudgeon types 'must' have our pet-peeves to vent about occasionally--it keeps us (mostly) sane, methinks!
  5. seneth Active Member

I am at work,, is the xp bonus over or does it end tonight at 11:59pm?
  6. Carni Active Member

Since it says through Monday, July sixth, I would assume it will end later tonight at midnight pst.
  7. seneth Active Member

I hope so, I have one more toon I would like to get to 100.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

There is no way to select a specific collection to turn in when you have multiples completed.

Workaround for future (maybe?) Set up a personal collectible depot for your character in their personal home. Don't add the last piece of a collection, place that in the depot. Once an expansion, xp weekend, or when you wish to turn in collections grab the pieces from the depot and go turn them in. I have a handful of characters that I do focused collecting/collections on, and this works out for those times (Harbinger quest anyone?) when a rogue npc turns into a collections npc and grabs all of the completed ones whether you wish it or not.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

Can we have a double status weekend soon? :)