Web guild chat

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Zemizia, Jan 23, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Yep, it's giving the error again for me as well.
    :: Fatal Error ::
    Can't connect to server (possible proxy / NAT / network error)

This is in IE6 (which I have to use at work). I'll try to check it from home with Firefox 3 as well, but this feature was to me always the one that could have been useful... if it ever worked.
  2. ARCHIVED-crunn Guest

Ditto
    Ive tried and tried over the years since launch to use the web guild chat and never once has it worked. The 2 or 3 times someone posts to say its fixed im right on there trying it and still it doesnt work.
    Web browser, firewall setting, router, etc are not the issue. Ive tested it on 3 different PC's of my own, 7 or 8 of friends, and several dozen other PC's at work and at college over the years since eq2 launched. Using virtualy every available web browser including firefox, IE4-8, netscape. Firewall on/off. broadband/dialup. And so on. The guild web chat has never worked. I get that same error message mentioned above.
  3. ARCHIVED-DarkViper Guest

crunn wrote:
    What error message is it giving you, Crunn?
  4. ARCHIVED-DarkViper Guest

I was able to successfully connect to both of my guilds. Please open a ticket with CS (via in-game petition or http://support.station.sony.com) if you continue to have issues and provide the following information and we'll look into it right away:
    - Guild Name
    - Station Name
    - Character Name + Server
    Thanks,
    - Jacob
  5. ARCHIVED-crunn Guest

DarkViper wrote:
    :: Fatal Error ::
    Can't connect to server (possible proxy / NAT / network error)
    same one for 5 years. tho i seem to remember a few times the brouser just timing out and the 404 error, a refresh and that one above again.
    i just assumed it was a web feature that was failed and never became active since launch
  6. ARCHIVED-DarkViper Guest

crunn wrote:
    Would you mind PM'ing me your character name, guild name and server? I'll look it up shortly.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

If you guys can get that working again, you might just get my $3/month back. The web guild chat worked for a while when it came out, but it's been "Fatal Error" for years.

I've got to say, when I saw these forums appear in a separate area on the top level (and not hidden in the support forums) I was hoping it was a good sign. The fact that it's being taken over and actively worked on to correct some of the issues is a great step forward.
  8. ARCHIVED-DarkViper Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words ;) We'll do what we can to get you to want to subscribe to the service again, for sure! And yes, the forums desparately needed to be moved... it didn't belong in support.