Web guild chat

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Zemizia, Jan 23, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Down again for anyone else?
    :: Fatal Error ::
    Can't connect to server (possible proxy / NAT / network error)
  2. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

After lying around broken for months, I heard the webchat was fixed. Indeed, after fewer than a dozen attempts, I could connect again. That was two days ago, and my scores of attempts since then have just met with the same old Fatal Error. Is Sony ever going to get it right?
  4. ARCHIVED-bopn Guest

sadly i am unable to use it as well just keep getting a fatal error
  5. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Can someone please give the community a status report on if someone is looking into this?
  6. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Hopefully things will get fixed when they do the server maint this Tuesday: 4:00 AM PST on Tuesday, February 17th, all log-in servers will be undergoing maintenance.

We'll see ;-)
  7. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Trepan wrote:
    I'm glad I didn't hold my breath, or get my hopes up about it. Getting so sick of this ""service"", or shall I say lack thereof?
  8. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

*sigh* Everynight I try the chat, and everynight it's still fatal error cannot connect. And then I come here, and everynight I see there's still no updates or even an acknowledgement that there's an issue and that perhaps maybe someone should be looking into the problem. Does anyone ever even read these forums??
  9. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Well, for me the reboot on the 17th fixed my problem. The external XMPP (jabber) servers are working and I can authenticate and select the identity to chat as, and I can do lookup queries on the basic user database.
    I'm not sure what could be causing your issues. Perhaps your version of flash is too current, perhaps you don't have the ports open that are required, maybe its a problem with SOE's tomcat based web services.. all I can offer for debugging help is the above and nudge whomever from SOE that reads that toward those areas and away from the chat server itself 'cause that damn thing is working.
  10. ARCHIVED-Canlocu Guest

I have this same error, plz fix sony!
  11. ARCHIVED-BungFoo Guest

So I'm getting the nat error as well and I've been trying to find any help or troubleshooting documents so I cna make sure there nothing borked on my end but I'm not finding anything. Anyone have a link?
    Thanks
  12. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

I tried it last night... same thing as everyone else. NAT connect error, even though I can use a 3rd party jabber client and connect.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Hello all,
    I would like to let you know that this is a known issue, we do have people working on a fix for it, but at this time there is no ETA.
    If you have any other questions please feel free to ask
  14. ARCHIVED-Canlocu Guest

Months later, asking.....
    Any news?
  15. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Sorry for the super delayed response, the last couple of months were very busy and it seems I forgot about updating this post. This issue has been fixed and the guild chat system up and running, I believe I posted a new thread discussing it had been fixed. (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=446170) If you find any new issues, please post them.
    -Thank you for your time

16. ARCHIVED-AmyCalana Guest

Is guild chat down again? I haven't been able to get the app to load for days. I just get "Loading guild chat" forever. :(
  17. ARCHIVED-TSR-KenC Guest

I haven't recieved word that it was down but I'll send an inquiry off. Has anyone else had similar troubles?
  18. ARCHIVED-stondgoat Guest

my guild chst feature doesn't work...is that because i happen to be in PR this week? if so fix that shizzle....because i have been filtered
  19. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

TSR-KenC wrote:
    I've always and forever got this:
    : Fatal Error ::
    Can't connect to server (possible proxy / NAT / network error)

dunno, i just figured this service never worked...
    Not to mention it says my toons are in the wrong guild... says my main is in the guild he left over a year ago... so dunno about any of this stuff.. i'm definately canceling my extra $3 a month cuz nothing on this website works ever
  20. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Sprinng@Nagafen wrote:
    Hello Sprinng,
    What web browser are you using?