Web Guide Chat not working...

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Tynker, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Tynker Guest

I have given this a few weeks before posting in case it was something that would just fix itself.. When I try to go to the guild chat link from my guild webpage I get the following error..

[IMG]

Whats causing this?
    Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-TrevorG Guest

Make sure you clear out your temp internet files and cache. If you are using IE, verify inside of Internet Options, that you do not have proxies or auto detect settings on.
  3. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

Deleted all the temporary internet files and it made no difference. I've been getting the same error for almost a week on two different computers with different browsers.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=414314
    This problem has been going on since the last LU. So since the beginning of this month! Ill be sure to call in at the end of the month if they charge me for services that were never recieved. This is obviously not just me or a few people, no one can use guild chat!
  5. ARCHIVED-DerFunkBlaster Guest

Looks like i finally got locked out of the guild chat system too. I'm getting the 303 error permanently now in IE and Firefox. This happened the same day that I updated my flash too. Maybe that might have something to do with it?
  6. ARCHIVED-Mr. Dawkins Guest

This is never going to get fixed is it?
  7. ARCHIVED-Tynker Guest

Tried all the ideas suggested... plus a few that I thought of myself.. and nada..
    Its really not looking good for a fix coming soon. I have also tried from multiple systems with no change.. same error... same result.. I do hope a fix comes along soon tho
  8. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

TrevorG, I know you are trying to help, but this is obviously not a client end issue.

We need to know who we should be talking to about this, since this forum is no longer receiving proper support. This is obvious due to the fact that the only communication we have had in months is from people who have no real ability to immediately address our issues with the site and it's functionality. Since Gninja left it has been silent except for your attempts to help (which ARE appreciated), and an occasional post by a community manager.

This isn't going away on its own AND PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR THIS SERVICE.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tynker Guest

Sadly... time passes and issues are not responded to.. Is it really so hard to at least acknowledge its being looked at? Why is it that no one considers how this affects opinions of how a company treats patrons... Ever wonder why people say customer service sux? or why there are so many people out there who say they will NEVER even try another SoE game.. Guess its time to stop paying for a broken addon.. again..
    Eventually everyone gets the message to just pay and if it doesnt work.. so what? Then go find someplace that does appreciate their business.. The market is ripe for a company to come along that has a real sense of customer service and support..
    Just my 2copper..
  10. ARCHIVED-Tynker Guest

Another month passses.. with no fix.. no news.. and no help..
  11. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

This has been happening for alot longer than a month.
    I have this same problem, and have searched and found this topic in about 5 other threads. This same exact error, with many many people for months. And without any HELPFUL response.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

FightGame wrote:
    You're right. It's been a problem ever since the service came out, with the premier of the game, back in November of 2004. Complaints that problems have existed for over a month are kind of silly. The threads go back even farther than that - and would go back farther still if a great many support threads hadn't been purged a while back when EQ2Players went through a major "upgrade" in February of 2007.
    FightGame wrote:
    If you're planning on bumping every thread on the Web Chat problems, you've got a lot more work to do. There are about 8 PAGES of posts referring to problems with the Guild Web Chat feature, nearly all of which end with no resolution, or with only brief relief before the problem reoccurs.
    The only general (and largely ineffective) solution to the problem that has been offered by SoE support is to clear the browser cache and/or disable all plugins. Not surprisingly, it usually doesn't work. The times it does work, it usually comes back, which points to a reoccuring problem with the service (perhaps a fundamental design flaw), not with people's browsers.
    If you're trying to get SoE's attention, I can guarantee you that they are aware of the problem. Based on their lack of response and results, they don't care. SoE does not appear to offer any Customer Support or Technical Support on these forums, it's become pretty much a strictly user-to-user resource. That isn't to say that the occasional post from SoE staff doesn't appear from time to time, but you can pretyt much expect no official help with this or any other game or EQ2Players issue, based on the past experience of the regular users here.
    The user community's done everything they can to identify, troubleshoot, and escalate this and other majors issues we can. To the point one of the major user advocates on this forum has decided that their time and enthusiasm would be better spent on more productive efforts. All SoE has done is apparently reduce their support staff since they could get the players to do a better job then they were doing in the first place. But we can't fix accounts, and we can't fix code.
    If you're doing it to make other users aware that the service is broken and unsupported - let's face it, no one else reads the threads in the first place - that's why there's hundreds of threads! No one seems to actually read this forum, they just usually post, and leave or give up with their issue unresolved. I always wonder why people seem so surprised they are having trouble with the EQ2Players functionality and features, everyone else is too!
    My advice to you is that if you are unsatisfied with the service, cancel your subscription to the Advanced Services. Stop paying for something you can't use. It's not going to get fixed. Even if, through some sort of miracle, it did get really for-sure fixed someday you can always resubscribe. If you think you've been defrauded and you're really enterprising and have the time and funds for a protracted legal battle, get legal representation and look up the consumer fraud laws in your state (probably in that order).
    I don't think you're going to find any help from SoE here though.
  13. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

The one inexplicable part of all this is that, if I had to rate Customer Support on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give EQ2 a 1 and Vanguard a 10, yet they're both Sony.
  14. ARCHIVED-Galeden Guest

So were paying something that has been broken for months, doesn't seem to get any help on the subject... Im sure if a sever was down a month let alone a few months people would be rightlfully demanding their money back, and hopefully would get a free month or something... Either make this work please or drop it completely, or just make it free with the understanding it will be down a lot.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

This hasn't worked for me in months. I've followed all the troubleshooting in these threads--clear cache, cookies, temp files, make sure I'm not behind a proxy, etc. etc. etc. and the exact same problem. This is not client-side, SOE.
    Same error on 4 different browsers on 3 different computers on 2 different networks:
    Error: 303 - Cant connect to server - (possible proxy - NAT - network error) in the web client, Antonia Bayle server

Firefox 2.0.0.1.1, Windows XP
    Firefox 2.0.0.1.1, Windows VIsta

IE 7, Windows XP
    IE 7, Windows Vista

I even tried Google Chrome and Safari on 2 different XP machines on 2 different networks.
    Firefox 2.0.0.1.4, Windows XP, IE
  16. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

It doesn't work. Here's my repost again. (I'm bumping all the threads I see.)

This hasn't worked for me in months. I've followed all the troubleshooting in these threads--clear cache, cookies, temp files, make sure I'm not behind a proxy, etc. etc. etc. and the exact same problem. This is not client-side, SOE.
    Same error on 4 different browsers on 3 different computers on 2 different networks:
    Error: 303 - Cant connect to server - (possible proxy - NAT - network error) in the web client, Antonia Bayle server

Firefox 2.0.0.1.1, Windows XP
    Firefox 2.0.0.1.1, Windows VIsta

IE 7, Windows XP
    IE 7, Windows Vista

I even tried Google Chrome and Safari on 2 different XP machines on 2 different networks.
    Firefox 2.0.0.1.4, Windows XP, IE
  17. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

I cancelled the Station add ons today. Not only is guild chat not working, and there's been no communication from SOE that they're working on it, my character shows as being level 74. I haven't been 74 in months. It's not even reliably (or, at all) updating character stats.