Weapons

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-yahwob, Jul 25, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-yahwob Guest

Hi,
    New swashie here, currently level 12. Just wondered about weapon choices, I have two daggers at the moment, piercing weapons, are those type of weapons ok or should I go for slashing, crushing etc etc.
    Also I'm a bit confused about poisons. I have the poison I was orginally given when I started and I have the icon saying I'm using it but I'm not convinced. Shouldnt there be something saying my weapons have been enhanced by the poison or something, also checked my combat log and there's nothing to say mob so and so has been hit by posion damage?
    Thanks guys
  2. ARCHIVED-Sarka Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Best to grab 1 slashing and 1 piercing to get both skills up. Crushing is not needed. Poisons are like a buff. Right click your stack and hit auto consume. This way you will always have one on.
    Just so you know you can use up to 3 poisons at once. Red, Blue, and Purple.
  4. ARCHIVED-cion Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    Ugh! I didnt know. Thanks ;)
    By the way, does poisons boost dps a great deal? Ive tried with and without poisons not seeing any noticable difference, but i guess ive used **** poisons :p
  5. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Cion@Venekor wrote:
    Poisons can be a very considerable increase to your DPS. However, you won't see a large difference until you also have some AA in the potency line. Once you do though, yes, poisons are a very nice DPS addition.
  6. ARCHIVED-ElsaRat Guest

This is controversial, but when my swashie was in her low 20's and had enough AA points to buy the WIS to the end (coule), I did so. You need to use one weapon instead of dual-weilding to get the benefits, but I found the benefits more than made up for the missing weapon; she was much more effective. Don't think this works at higher levels, and it may depend on the equipment you have, but I recommend giving it a try.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kendayar Guest

WIS line is so effective at low levels because you don't have gear that raises the stats you need to make dual weilding better. Once you hit 80 and have double attack, melee crit, hurricane, +dps, +haste and such, 1 weapon really cripples your dps
  8. ARCHIVED-DevilWerks Guest

A word about poisons, use player made poisons if you can afford them, they're much better. Like the person said above, put some AA points in your Potency line and you'll see a big difference.