Weapons or Armor?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-TheKreep, Nov 15, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-TheKreep Guest

How are they to level, do they get a fair number of recipies?
  2. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Recipe count is about the same. Some weapon recipes were removed, but replaced by others. Tier 8 Weaponsmiths do get Throwing weapons back and a new consumable known as Waterstone, Oilstone or Whetstone...provides a 15 min buff to a primary weapon or ranged item...
    Overall though, both professions received an upgrade in stats, but still going over the difference's (or lack there of) between the Handcrafted and Mastercrafted...but definately some good changes have come about with this release...
    ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-kukubird Guest

Friend said HEY! DID YOU SEE THE STATS ON THE NEW MC ARMOR!

I said, calm down buddy.... did you see the stats on the t8 treasured drops? LMAO

MC once again useless.

Treasured drops with bettr or comparable stats + 9 combat or health regens etc... not cool..

Well not cool for crafters lol..
  4. ARCHIVED-ShallaBal Guest

The first comment comment I got from the community when I linked a t8 mastercrafted weapon in craft channel was sort of
    " ... rofl, they f.... the WS again".
    In general most mid to high level t7 drops (legendary and fabled for sure) are [edit: deemed] superior to these and everybody and their dog had more than enough time before this expansion to get a decent weapon or two. So, yes, the mc weapons were are [edit: deemed] useless [edit: in craft channel].
    However, that does not prevent me from continuing to play my weaponsmith with all the heart and all the dedication I have shown since the very first beta of EQ2, when someone told me "... man, you sure about weaponsmithing? EQ2 is *never* going to be a crafter's game, it is all about raids and loot items".
    He was right, but I knew, and continue to know and so I won't complain. Love it, change it, leave it. Since I cannot change it and won't leave it, I love it :D
    Cheer
    Sha
    P.S.: I think giving us an item that would enhance stats temporarily was a very nice move of the devs/Domino, thanks for that. Also for giving us back the throwing weapons. As for the wetstone, etc. I am not sure yet how high in demand they will be, I'll find out soon enough I guess.
    Answering the question: Don't start a weaponsmith unless you really want to go for a very special proficiency and play with a lot of dedication and heart.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

ShallaBal wrote:
    Unless the physical stats have changed since beta, the handcrafted had even better physical att increases than most legendary and some fabled from t7.
    Master crafted had more as well...my question to you is...why were they saying the WS was screwed? What would lead them to believe that?
    High delay? Low damage rating?
    If thats the case...then they need to relook (and you as well) on how damage rating and high delays work.
    WS will have a sizeable market increase from t8...especially in the solo'er market
    The consumable...will have a big impact for raiders
    Throwing weapons -- They still need to decide who should have it. WS or WW....can't be both, pick one already!

hopefully the changes made to MC/HC for t8 will filter down to lower levels, but it won't be anytime soon...