Weapon Essence Amounts?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Elkana, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Elkana Active Member

This may be answered somewhere but... How many weapon essences does it take to level a weapon to lvl 10 for BoL?
  2. semisus Does not play this game

1000 empyral weapon essences
    For some reason they doubled the amount needed this expansion o_O
    Elkana likes this.
  3. Elkana Active Member

Thank you very much
  4. Elkana Active Member

Time sink, they are doing everything they can to keep people logged in for as long as possible. The longer you're in game, the more likely your chances of making a Marketplace purchase.
  5. Thand Well-Known Member

Double plus Way harder to get
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Doubled the amount we need while making then at least 10x harder to obtain as well...
    It actually seems to lead to LESS people in game, since nobody is upgrading all of their weapons any more.
    Hiza and Breanna like this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Last expansion i had to get a lot of rares to craft and extract weapons for getting my weapons to planar Level 10. This expansion i ignored the "need" of 3 items of planar level 10.
    Zule likes this.
  8. Paragonvii Active Member

Im sorry, but how exactly does that work? is it possible to "level up gear", or weapons? if so please give me some direction.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Extract 1000 essences from weapons to level up ONE single weapon to Planar Level 5.

Each Planar Level increases the base Ability Modifier, Potency, and Primary Attributes by 5%.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

This sounds like something I heard Kander say about familiars in the podcast. That we weren't intended to be able to easily max familiars. I wonder if they decided weapon leveling was the same type of thing. It's something you CAN do, but not intended for you to finish. I know for me this year, I don't worry about leveling them really. I do what I can when I have them, but I'm not killing myself trying to grind them out.
  11. Moss Well-Known Member

I really don't understand it, the system was not perfect but players would grind and get their weapons to level 10, and any player knew they could get plats by harvesting, it was a kind of win-win for everyone

but as usual when something is working, even if not perfectly, they decide to change it and punish the players

if they believed the weapon upgrade was too strong they should have decrease the % gain per level an leave the old system in place...
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

I agree it's overkill to double the amount and then remove the ability to craft them. On IoR they sell for 39k plat each. They knew when they made it more difficult to get them that their whales would gladly pay 25 bucks to transfer them from IoR instead of running thousands of quests. P2W strikes again!
  13. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

Dont worry by the time you get it to level 10 a new xpac will be here and you'll be ready to start all over again
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Your first weapon or the final one you end up with? ;) :p
    Hiza and Breanna like this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Does it matter? I sometimes wonder what the ultimate goal of some of these decisions are, because I see more and more people flinging in the towel.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. I haven't bothered starting to level any weapons because it's so resource intensive and they're just going to be replaced...
    Breanna and Hiza like this.
  17. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

There is truth in these words for all to see...
    Bhayar likes this.
  18. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

Such huge time sinks into gear should at least reward you with being able to use said gear for a while. It however does not. It illustrates that the game has become heavily slighted towards being just a gear treadmill, where they use "new gear" as the carrot to get you to play content.

And then on top of that the content is sub par. Limited in its scope and reliant on the same repeatable content over and over again with the same gimmicky mechanics supplemented by poor RNG to inflate the time sink.

Why do we have to inflate stats so much every expansion?
    Why cant they make more content without having to reset the gear treadmill every expansion?
    Why cant gear be on a tick tock schedule, where one xpac armor and weapons are upgraded and the next xpac jewelry and charms are and back and forth?
    Why cant epics be truly epic in that it lasts for expansions and expansions beyond its introduction (or at the very least beef up the signature line somewhat to lead to an upgraded version of the epics)?

Or have we all just resigned to the fact that the only reason to play content is to collect gear?

I get it, minimal resources results in minimal output... but still...