Weapon damage conversion

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Whilhelmina, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Soooo, I bought the book (150 plats, regular guild merchant, 50 adorning) and bought the 2 "weapon catalyst" (5 plats, fuel merchant) and I have some troubles with the components. It keeps wanting to use the "Ginormous scrap metal" parts I have in inventory. Any way you could exclude those? (I'll obviously use them as they annoy me to no end, I already crafted everything with them, but it can be annoying for someone waiting for next year to use them for real tinkerfest stuff)

Additionally, folks, DISABLE SUPPLY DEPOT or put what you want to use in inventory before crafting. With the rule of "crafting defaults to smaller stack", you'll use up all your rares up if you don't check the crafting tab first to move stuff around.
    Thinking of that problem, could the use of depot default to "biggest stack available"? we're getting more and more recipes using "any mats" and if it's easy to manage your inventory to drop rare stuff first, risking to deplete guild hall crafting depots from rares is becoming a problem. If the crafting tab could, by default, use the "biggest stack available" in supply depot instead of the "smallest stack available in supply depot" it would be way better.

Anyway, recipe uses 2 weapon catalyst, 1 uncommon or rare, 20 "any harvest", 20 "any harvest" and 5 coruscating filaments.
    It seems to be working fine.

It does give a wrong message when you try to apply it on an equipped weapon, saying that "That item cannot be modified". You just need to unequip and reapply and it'll work (I submitted a /bug)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

If they're going to keep using this 'any mats' business it would be nice to have the default changed to 'largest stack first' regardless of where the materials are being drawn from. Nothing worse than having spent ages harvesting for a specific material you need for something else you have planned only to have your stack of 20 vanish while your plentiful stack of 800 something else remains untouched.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the same way but some people might find it annoying when pulling from bags. Not sure. Say you have 6 bags of fuel as you want to chain-craft something and it always pulls from the fullest first, you'll keep extra half-stacks everywhere. I do find it less annoying than having all my rares pulled first but some might disagree. At least from the depot I know that we can all agree not to deplete our guild depots from every rare gathered.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Side-note that I missed during testing. I put in a /bug this afternoon.
    The Cold infusion uses 100 "any harvest" + 100 "any harvest" while all others use 20 x2.
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

There are LOTS of recipes in game that say 'any' harvest. ALWAYS get into the habit of selecting what harvests you want to use. I speak from experience at having to learn the hard way in the past :D
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah this is very annoying
    so best way is to put a bunch of cheap mats in harvest bag and then a small stack of "rares" you dont care about like the old dragon stuff from last year

but i lost a bunch of ginormous plates from tinkerfest i had been saving up to craft that dumb familiar :(