we need to do aom craft and adventure for purple war rune??

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Cosmicism, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Cosmicism New Member

Seriously, there're not new purple war rune in ToT????

If so, we need to do craft daily for token(blank rune) and to do adventure quest for token(far seas kidling).

how about Transcendent Quintessence??? I never saw that for salvaging tot items.

It's WEIRD.

Dev reply plz.
  2. Sudedor Well-Known Member

There are blank runes from one of the faction merchants in Maldura. Not sure about kindling, I wasn't really looking for it. I just remember seeing the blank rune while I was looking for a recipe scroll.

Salvaging ToT items seems to be focused on giving the Infuser raws, not Quints. Granted, my sample size in ToT is still very small, and it can take a while to get Quints sometimes, so perhaps they are still there. Personally I find it easier to just grab a bunch of AoM items if I need Quints.
  3. Adevil Well-Known Member

I mentioned this in another thread. I have yet to see a quint. Ever.

I salvage jewelry (lumium!!) and transmute the other gear. 0 quints. Maybe I was doing something wrong, or RNG is simply acting as normal for me (bad luck).
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Have a look at all the aom runes. Do they really need an upgrade? I think it's great that this stuff is still relevant and will now be slightly easier to get. I'm most thankful that those recipe books won't be turning into a mess with more level 100 recipes.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Cosmicism New Member

I do not mention that aom war runes need to be upgraded.
    Need to be crafted in use by using Tot incredients.
    it will be now slightly easier to get ? No. we cant get quintessence(war rune ingredient) anymore. new salvaging system do not give it to us.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Salvaging ToT gear does not give quints. Salvaging AoM gear does. There is nothing wrong with keeping some older content slightly relevant.
    Spindle and Deveryn like this.
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

Part of the problem with the 'race to end game/level' has been the decision of previous devs to make older content not even slightly relevant. That decision alienated a number of players who enjoy playing the game as questers, crafters, small raid groupers, etc.

Incorporating earlier content is a plus for all players, well, except for the PVE haters.
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

The Umbrite blank rune is used for the new purple adorns the recipe scroll for said adorns is also on that merchant you do not need teh quintescence for these just harvestable mats and the blank rune.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

The only new runes in ToT are armor runes. Armor runes in AoM didn't need quints either.
    There are no new craftable war runes (the square ones that go in weapons, cloaks and belts) in ToT, so the AoM ones, which use the quints are still 'top end'.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I'm surprised to see some saying this seems like a good idea. The vast majority of those playing at 100 now are in ToT. That means, harvesting in ToT, sending minions for ToT mats, and running instances in ToT. None of those things will help you create end game war runes now.

I want to be clear that I'm not saying this because I have no options myself. My harvest vault is literally full on multiple AoM harvest types so I can readily whip out mass production and grind out some quints but that doesn't mean everybody else has that same luxury.

I'd guess this was a time limitation rather than anything else. Maybe Domino will prove me wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if ToT recipes for these items do get added at some point. /shrug
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm of the (perhaps bizarre) opinion that keeping (at least some) content relevant for more then 9-12 months is actually a GOOD idea ;)
    Deveryn likes this.
  12. Azian Well-Known Member

I don't really disagree with that in the big picture. This particular example just feels like a fairly odious option for keeping old content relevant though. /shrug
  13. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that dev wants to keep Quints rare for some reason. AoM there wasn't that much of a reason to salvage everything, and the chances of getting Quints are miserably low even for legendary gear. Perty much everybody broke down handcrafted by the hundred to get Quints.

ToT dev is encouraging everybody to salvage, by making salvage a way to get the higher-end infusors. I don't think they wanted to figure out how to work Quints into the reward system (takes the place of an infusor component? Is this a good or a bad reward?). Considering that Quints aren't used to make anything in ToT crafting, there isn't a reason to include them even if they are current, because that doesn't mean they will remain current in the next expansion.
  14. Dedith Well-Known Member

1. The new ToT Blank Umbrite Rune does NOT count in the War Rune recipes (pruple adorns for primary, secondary, ranged, waist, and cloak) for the AoM blank rune.
    2. The weekly quests in ToT give Coins of the Grand Artificer.
    3. Per above, quints aren't salvaging from ToT gear.
    4. AoM War Rune recipes are dropping from Adv Solo zones, implying we still need to use those. Yet, we have no access to the mats required for them in this expansions content.
    Effectively, we can make all purple runes by doing ToT tradeskill quests. However, to make War Runes from the recipes dropping from this expansion's content, we have to go farm Far Sea Trading Company Tokens (AoM TS Dailies), Ferrin (AoM Missions), and AoM gear that is well below what we're currently wearing for salvaging Quints.
    There is little to nothing to spend Coins of the Eternal Queen on in ToT. I suggest a method to buy the mats (Blank Rune and kindling) to make these War Runes, and allow for Quints to be salvaged from ToT gear as well.
    I can understand wanting folks to run AoM TS Dailies.. that's fine. However, I really do not want to farm AoM zones for garbage gear (to try for quints) and Ferrin.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Part of the reason I like the current method is I don't WANT quints from the ToT gear. Most of my toons only need 5 of them. A few can use a few more. After that, they're of no use to me. The current system allows salvage for infuser components with ToT gear, or try for quints with AoM gear, giving me more control.
    I suppose I could make war runes and put them on the broker to make plat, but I'm until I get a stable set of gear, I'm not even going to consider throwing plat down the rat-hole of deity infusing, so I don't really have anything to SPEND plat ON.
    Even if I did, I almost always make more plat selling the quint and the blank rune sperately then I do selling the war rune (which also includes ferrin).

What would make more sense, to me, would be to allow the far seas kindling to be purchased for ferrin OR the coins of the queen, since there isn't really anything to spend the new coins ON and going back and doing 'old content' seems to be more of an imposition on adventurers then tradeskillers.
  16. Meirril Well-Known Member

So the easiest solution would be to remove the War Rune recipe drops from ToT content? Done and done as far as I'm concerned.

The tradeskill recipes available from ToT vendors make the armor purple adorns, and all the materials come from current content. Just eliminate the drops of any AoM style War Runes and its a clean break from AoM crafting. This really is the easier solution. Even if recipes drop in ToT that require ferrin and blank runes its easier for crafters to obtain these than Coins of the Eternal Queen which are exclusively adventuring rewards. Artificer coins can be used for the ToT components to produce ToT purple runes which should be in high demand since they are an obvious upgrade to AoM era armor runes.

And everybody that was serious about obtaining quints mass produced handcrafted gear and broke it down. The only people who farmed AoM for legendaries and broke them down for quints were people who felt like it didn't matter how fast they got them.

The easiest solution should be used, the one that requires the least amount of change to get a fair result. Leaving AoM crafting back in AoM is fair. It isn't like it will be hard for crafters to farm old content for tokens.
  17. Dedith Well-Known Member

Unless ToT War Runes are provided (or at least ToT versions of the recipes that use ToT mats), you can't just remove the AoM War Rune recipes from dropping in ToT.
  18. Sudedor Well-Known Member

And this:

"Maldura
    A Far Seas Trading Company representative has arrived in Maldura and will now sell Age of Malice blank runes in exchange for Coin of the Grand Artificer (they are still also available for far seas tokens from the original sources). She can be found in the Mushroom Bar and Grill."
  19. Akina_Storms Active Member

Cylianna, in the mushroom bar, sell blank rune and far sea kindling, in exchange of coin of the grand artificier.
    so you don't need to do AoM content to earn these.

only the quint, which can be earned from standard AoM craft are not on ToT expansion.
  20. Tabri Well-Known Member

I am able to salvage gear in ToT as I have been for the last few expacs, the only thing we are getting from this are these infusion fragments. Can you please add the old mat returns for salvaging back also since we still make purple war runes in this new content? I really dont appreciate having to pay 400-500 plat a piece for these transcendent Quintessences or have to go farm old content to try to obtain these for current war runes that are still being used. I really dont see the logic here at all. I need like 15 war runes I salvage massive amounts of gear to get nothing I need now. I dont have time to go farm old content and Im not paying this.