We Need Baby Burynai!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Soara2, Ocarinah, Katz and 4 others like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They have those backpacks with the papoose and pups for the Othmir so its not a stretch that they could add baby Burynai and baby Othmir!!

I like this idea, they are adorable.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The only "youngsters" I remember seeing are the Human kids in Qeynos (other than the papooses in the backpack, yeah :D)? And maybe younger (well, smaller, anyway) Othmir here and there in their villages. Can't recall any others at the moment, but it's been a reallllly long day already... ;->

Uwk
    who remembers only Human and Orc kids in their respective cities in WoW :-/
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Million times yes, yes, hells yes! I really wish we could add the appearance backpacks and even wing mounts to the cloak slot of mannequins and house actors. Either that or add the backpacks as house items for super cheap like they did with the squirrel mounts as cheap plushies. OMG or both lol. I so want to have that cute papoose in a crib.
  5. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Sadly, being closely related to monotremes, the young of the Burynai hatch from their eggs nearly fully adult in size. Further research into their burrows in Field of Bone or out near Kurn's Tower may yield some more compelling evidence. Most explorers conducting field research in that region have met with their untimely deaths due to the hostile environment in which the Burynai reside.

Then again, I could be wrong. ;)
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

yeah,... just to clarify,.. Burynai are mammalian, birthing live young, nursing, etc.
    no eggs involved,.. lest they be from the Cobra just defeated and plundered :D

That research of the Field of Bone really ended far short, as it is on good authority (some Elder Burynai whose name I forget) that mentioned an entire subterranean Burynai City that was lost to all access to due to Kurn's,.... malevolence.
    (/e shudders to think of all the Burynai families that were crushed when said tower,... arrived.)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

May I present:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotreme

(or, as Da Hubster refers to them, his totem animal and Russian hats [for platties and echidnas, respectively])

Trust me on this one; a) I'm a wildlife biologist ;-> (and yes, the monos do have real mammal milk and true hair, the two main characteristics) and b) platypuses are Da Hubster's favorite critter in the modern era (he also likes trilobites and T. rexes, largely because of the cute li'l useless "arms" on the latter ;->), so out of sheer necessity, I've had to learn a lot about them. :D

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

well,.. if I may further quote:
    " Its gestation period is thought to last six months, usually resulting in two cubs, which are born blind."
    source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

But this really is as far as this divergence of topic need be taken.

The Baby "Burynai" I considered cute, and would greatly appreciate seeing them arrive in Norrath,...
    our numbers are soooo dwindling :'{
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is true (and while Honey Badgers are true placental mammals, it seems like burynai aren't? At least, according to Zeddicious)... :-/

Uwk
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

perhaps the speculation derives from those Burynai that escaped being trapped in their underground city, were "affected" by all the energies Kurn was dabbling with in his tower,...?
    Certainly there are those who are "insane" in the wilds of Kunark that attack anyone that get into Paw range,...
  11. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

OOO!!
    I found more baby pictures,.. and even one of Vascaigio and myself having ... acquired a free meal ;)

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Cyrrena, Juraiya, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

if they don't come from eggs, then why do they taste like chicken?
    Cyrrena, Juraiya, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

probably from the radioactive mutation from Kurn's Tower,... :eek: