WE Advanced Solo

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by simple, Feb 13, 2013.

1. simple New Member

Before the last 2 changes I could train to the last name and kill him without to much trouble. Last night I killed all the names & trash to the necromunger guy, after I killed him I trained the rest of the way Merlg. He killed my 3 times then I died with my monk, then I tried duelboxing and died again.
    I was wondering if they changed something with him or if I just had a really off night. I did have a few before I logged in..lol
  2. Draylore Well-Known Member

I do the training/leashing bit with a boxed pair of toons as well and the only difference ive been able to see with Merlg himself is not being able to use the clicky orb thingies (both red dmg and green heal ones) on him that drop from the solo zones. Just takes longer to kill now since cannot just nuke it 60% instantly....so perhaps the script stuff is actually mattering now? My toons end the fight at MUCH lower health now than before. :)
  3. Payton Active Member

people still doing this useless solo instance? They didn't up the % chance to get fables gear or? Without the fast-train-to-endboss and the same mediocre loot with Advanced Adornments 10 thrown at you like hot cakes - it's a massive timewaster.
  4. Twofeets Active Member

The other change they made was to the snakes. The snakes are what stun/stifle you. They used to die to 1 hit, now they have a LOT more health. SKs and such can still AOE them, but a lot of classes now have to single target the snakes, kill, then go back to the named.
  5. Draylore Well-Known Member

How is something that takes at most 15min, gives 3 shots at loot a 'massive timewaster'?
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

This name sometimes gets me too. As Twofeets said though just the snakes that have some more hp. Usually have a steady rhythm of doing this but sometimes the fear gets me as well that throws me off or i miss a heal/cure.

I sometimes pull fable and ethereal stuff out of solo instance. So many people quick to jump on the bandwagon of "OMG, ITS WORTHLESS /RAGE!". This zone doesn't take very long to do if you bring a friend. So 3-6 minutes of time in a zone that has a 1 hour 30 minute reset timer is a "waste of time"? lol
  7. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I do love the rampant overestimation on BOTH sides of this argument. 3-6 minutes? What pair of classes, and in what gear, can clear this zone that fast? If there were zero mobs and just a chest at the end, it would still take about 2-3 minutes just to run the necessary path on a fast mount. So who's killing All-blocker, Necromonger, and Mrelgt in 20 seconds each, and why do they need solo-zone gear?
  8. Nelie Well-Known Member

raid geared inq with warden, sometimes inq paired with assassin...all raid SS/COE geared
    SS faction geared SK with part coe raid geared warden
    swashy mostly solo junk instanced geared with SS faction and raid geared bruiser

chain pulling to first roaming name, kill him and whatever we have in adds, skip the other name in the hallway that does that one aoe and train to All-Blocker kill him and whatever you round up, train to Necromonger in chain pull, kill him and whatever you get in trash (keeping in mind the cenobites are meditating then come after you), then just train to Mrelgt and everything should break once you get to him and kill him....also on all these toons, we have 75% Run Speed

Reason: some alts don't have gear. Primal/Seimin-Fear gear can replace some SS gear. I have seen 3 Ethereals so far that toons could use
  9. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Since you can use ground mounts, you can have 150% run speed! (Or 130 without any other runspeed buffs, anyway). And you could Fall of the Phoenix with a monk (or use tinkered feigns on both alts) to skip fighting Dirter Aggrog and feign-train all the way to Allblocker.

Even with that, I'd still love to see the screenshot of Mrelgt's corpse & chest, and the lockout window showing 3 minutes elapsed in the zone... I just can't see how it's physically possible.