Wave 3 of summer event reward

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Minimme, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Minimme Member

Hello, so almost each day i did 4 expert zones daily at 3 toons. Today when we were waiting for something new may be new rune for summer coins, or new class runes but we just got option to buy 1 more celestial book that you can get each month anyway. So question is could you please announce in future events rewards at start of event? for example: dear customers - for second wave you will get garbage reward and for 3 you will be able to buy celestial scroll so people won't waste time doing same zone again and again each day 3 times for months just to get celestial spell which you get each month anyway?
    Just curios how hard is to to make red slot rune for cloak for example with just 10 fervor and sell it for 300 summer coins?
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

That would be a pretty boring reward considering the Winds of Obol red rune is better than 10 fervor.
  3. Interstella Member

The Third wave wasn't. Why would you dig out an old rune from Sentinel's Fate just to put it on a cloak with lower stats than current T4, AS a reward from Summer Ethereals? For many, no third wave means no incentive to play the game until the next expansion. We saw that today. Not to mention the OP's frustration at putting-in the effort to earn the coins everyday only to have nothing to spend them on.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

Winds of Obol produces 17 Potency for the group .. this is a not noticable amount ;)
    Redlight and Mermut like this.
  5. Minimme Member

Interstella i don't have t4 cloak but as far as i know there are 5700 potency For example 5432 potency in Implacable and 5863 in new cloak. Beside it there is a red slot cloak and you can place there Empyrean chipper which procs with absorb that you can buy for 5 souls in Vesspyr Isle from merchant.At tank i am using Winds of Tundra wich procs with +15% damage proc because there are no class restriction like in Winds of Obol.So + 163 potency and red slot is better in my opinion than t4 cloak.
    Beee rumor is that Winds of Obol actually do what is says in proc and increases damage by+
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

Winds of Tundra can easy be bought at Emma in old Kael Hypogenium, but it does not rise the damage by a noticeable amount too.
    But yes, it feels good having a 15% boost even it's a placebo boost.
    The bigger problem using this red slot cloak is the lost of a huge amount of CB (more than 60) ;)
  7. Interstella Member

None of this is a reward from the Summer Ethereal Events.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

It should be noted that the Wave 3 reward is for a celestial spell for the new expansion, and doesn't require having the ancient scribed. So there is value, but certainly not 5 months of grinding value. I was definitely anticipating additional rewards being made available. Part of me is disappointed, part of me is relieved I can let up on the coin grind.
  9. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I asked developers the same question several months ago- "Please tell us about the upcoming reward". Silence was the answer. So I saw no reason to waste my time if they could not spent a couple of minutes to inform their players. And I was absolutely right: there is nothing worth getting, nothing at all. Who cares about celestial spells if we get ten more levels next expansion? Yes, celestial tier of the old spells would probabbly be better then grandmaster of the new ones, so what? The only spell I need is Dogma, I have it at celestial already. The rest is fine as apprentice or expert.

I agree that things are probabbly different for a dps class, but even if I played one I would not grind all the summer just to upgrade two spells I'll replace at some point during next months.
    Juraiya and Gharyn like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Wave 2 was celestial for this tier.. wave 3 is celestial for the next tier. Both of are some use, but not huge (unless you're going to dump LOTS of cash to be able to use the celestial for next tier).
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

My understanding is that both the Current Tier Celestial and the next tier are direct scribes. That means you can skip directly to Celestial without the GM or Ancient level first. Haven't tried it myself since I was saving my coins for more useful rewards, but several people had told me that.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

This summer event is huge disappointment this year mainly because of lack of communication from the developers as to the rewards. They should have told us exactly what rewards are coming ahead of time so we players could have made informed decision as to if we want to grind or not. Instead, they were very vague on the rewards and kept us guessing.

If they have said right at the start all the rewards this year are the armour and 2 spell crates I bet lot of people wouldn't have bothered with the grind. I certainly wouldn't have as none of these are "must have" items for next expansion. So every time someone asked if there are some runes coming up like previous years, there was complete silence. So what did people like me do? We did the grind just in case they add some "must have" runes towards the end and we didn't want to miss out. And here were are feeling like being taken for ride by the developers...

I hope we get much better communication for the next year. So please tell us all the rewards at the start of the event. Its huge things to make people log in everyday and grind without knowing what they are girding for
  13. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Well I didn't see as much a grind, got together with players everyday for coins (grouping is a good thing). Was able to get 3 pieces of upgraded armor for all my alts. Now close to the 110-120 Celestial Crate.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Are you limited to only one celestial crate?
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yes, one of each type. The current tier was Wave 2 and cost 250 coins. The next tier is wave 3 and costs 350 coins.
    Dude likes this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

Ah well. I was thinking that maybe the hidden gift of wave 3 might have been the ability to buy multiple spells.
    Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

The armor, once leveled to 5, WILL be getting an 'upgrade' once the expansion gets out. This was confirmed in discord (and reposted to the forums somewhere), so even that will have some use at least part way through the expac.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

That is precisely why they did not tell. Many would not have logged in, servers would have become even more dead, less income and so on.

As for Etherial Armor, besides the promised upgrade after the expansion, it gets a small amount of double ability cast for every Fabled KD raid boss kill achievment, like 0.2%. May be there is something else, I do not know yet, my guild has only killed two bosses there. But then again, who cares? Even with all upgrades the armor will be replaced at some point in the upcoming expansion.
    Drona likes this.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

I may not be very clear in my post but I have no issue with the rewards themselves. And I do know the armour will be upgraded. The rewards are fine and they are of useful. However, if I had know that these are the only rewards this year, I won't have bothered with the grind.

Number of people kept on asking if we are going to get NEW class rune like last 2 summer events and we did not get an answer. The class runes are very important for number of different classes and specially for fighters. Without the class rune, you cannot play your class to the max and so much so that it makes or breaks your class so the question was important but they choose not to answer.

In fact I am glad there is no new class rune this year. One time only class rune is bad idea as it prevents playing new alts and returning players but all we asked was some communication from the dev....
    Juraiya likes this.