Watching the GU63 testing feedback

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Giallolas, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

The lack of anyone reporting on the playtest for the new Templar Prestige Points says it all...
    Every other priest class is excitedly posting their news.
    I think we must be getting forgotten again...and again...
    Sorry to be a downer, but it's starting to eat at me. I'm almost afraid of playtesting our Prestige Class Abilities as I'm afraid of what I'm going to see.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bjerde Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

Odinn@Blackburrow wrote:
    Heh, please note the date on my statement. As of that date and time, we were the only class to not have a response in your link.
  4. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Well we have been providing so much feedback some on prestige abilities and some on the class issues enough for Xelgad to request we stay on track which lasted maybe 30 secs. I noticed that currently both wardens and defilers I believe have gotten a response to their concerns with changes they requested to the prestige abilities and some class tweaks...templar thread response so far to date...1 request to stay on topic...lol

Please take care to note just how much feedback we gave when requested...our thread is the largest and is nearing the combined thread responses for all of the other healers combined lol
  5. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    If a red name (no numbers) had read the Templar thread that's been going on since DoV began, I think they would have made sure the Prestige abilites were perfected to create some sort of balance. But yeah, the Temp thread on testing feedback is by far the largest feedback thread of any of the classes giving feedback. Wonder if anything will change.
  6. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

I really hope some of the issues that vex our class get addressed as well. I'm a very positive, glass half full kind of fellow. Yet after watching our class and their relationship to this game since 2006, I'm getting a little jaded. I fully expect that the only adjustment we'll see is a nerf to our Repent lines so it only works on arcane damage or something silly like that. After seeing them metagame around our Unyielding Benediction and Sanctuary without anything in return, I'm fairly nervous about any other IMPROVEMENTS that we'll see.
  7. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

TBH I'm close to hanging up the hammer after 7 years....I'll wait and see what we get on live but I'm not very hopeful as the devs have been consistently overwhelmingly silent for over a year now but have responded at times to other classes issues....
  8. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    This is why I joined another raid force with an inquisitor. I will never betray my templar, but it really gives you a lot of insight when all inquisitors can talk about is how to increase their dps more, not how to heal better to keep their group alive. The imbalance between templars and inquisitors can only be understood by actually playing both classes. It is really sad, because I think I'll always love my first class and wish templars were not broken right now.
  9. ARCHIVED-SpineDoc Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    Yes this is what happened to me. I was asked to betray to inquisitor, I ended up making an entirely new toon and raided extensively with the inquisitor. I eventually got frustrated as I much more enjoy the templar play style and I quit the game. I recently signed up again and my templar is now in a guild which is fairly deep into the HM raids. I'm lucky that they want to play around with a templar and are holding out hope that we are improved in the future. I get to MT heal a lot, but about 3/4 the time I am swapped out with an inquisitor (and often swapped with a warden) and end up in a weird place like a dps group. Am I a masochist? Should I just play my inquisitor? Probably, but I just can't let my first love go, the first class I played in eq2 beta and stuck with for all these long years.