was having fun through archives

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Earar, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

paladin so low in defense ? I don't think so

oh monk is way better than bruiser in offensive stance. I can tank in offensive as monk when it's way harder as bruiser. monks have naturally better mit, with epic 1, they also have 30% DR on short reuse, you have access to more wards/heals.
    at leas that's how I feel. maybe it's your prestige buff that is better than ours
  2. Kabbe Member

Never played paladin so did not want to place it to high since people seem to dislike that.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

paladins have better defenses than SK (in defensive stance of course)

sigil gives DR or mitigation, or both, devout sacrament gives DR, they have a ward, they have a cure on short CD, an always up DS, lay on hands gives stoneskin and so on.

plus they have nice utility. 10 fervor to raid for 10 seconds ? + 10 fervor to group for 45 sec with class rune.

and they have a huge burst with their epic temp pet. and they work well with double cast.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

Bravo for splitting up the tank archetypes...
  5. Dannni Active Member

Major improvement on your piss poor attempt
  6. Kodamungus Active Member

While we're ranking, what's the order for overall aggro management?
  7. Sounson Active Member

1) Monk 2) Monk 3) Monk 4) Monk 5) Monk 6) Paladin.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

why do you feel the need to troll discussions ?
  9. Sounson Active Member

Calm down, sensitive Sally. I guess I was just saying that to counter good T1 DPS going nuts on pull it's probably best you either be a monk with the fabled Dragon of Fire, or a paladin with a great amends target. Besides being in offensive and blowing your load on pull, it can be a struggle.
  10. Arclite Well-Known Member

Right....

So back to the topic at hand.

They should really just merge all fighter classes in to 3.

Warrior (make them defensive tank), Crusader (Offensive tank), Brawler (in between support tank).
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

and how would do do ? merge guardian and zerk ? merge paladin and SK ?

the only class where there wouldn't be much issue is brawlers. Monks and bruisers aren't different enough imo, but still.

I wouldn't mind a class merge, but some would hate it :) (and make AAs more specific one class or another ?)
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

There isn't even time to balance classes, let alone merge them.

Not going to happen.
  13. Dannni Active Member

Correct never going to happen and would be a terrible idea anyway