Warrior AA tree and shadow berserk tree need to be looked at.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Netty, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think you forgot this is a 2 class tree. If you specifically want Zerkers addressed look at your class tree. If you want to give feedback on a shared tree please keep in mind both classes. Sorry for coming off rude here but this is not just for Zerker and btw they are desirable raid-wise as OT's if you actually know what you are doing.
  2. Skream Member

Which is my point exactly, as a Zerker the Warrior Tree offers little and no alternative options for us... (Guards gain more from it than we do). A better balance within the tree would be nice so both classes could utilise it as intended.

Of course they are, that's why all the top guilds WW are falling over each other recruiting Zerks
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

Wis line: Remove it altogether please it just takes pixel space on screen, or do something radical so we can actually use it.
  4. Netty Member

Just did rember something. Cry of the warrior need to be looked at. Been testing it alot on the last few raids and it gets reseted nearly 90% of the times... Im not sure if im the only one that have these problems with it. As a snap tool that is pure BS. Also agree about the wis line need a rewamp. I still stand and want reflexes out of the agi line aswell so berserks are not forced to spec into junk just to get a end ability that are the only defensiv one in that tree... Its a shared tree like someone said so dont forget about the other half....

Also Skream if you think Gut roar makes up for not having reflexes think again. They dont work the same way and 3secs vs physical is junk.
  5. Skream Member

I'd take Gut-roar all day
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I think I mentioned Cry of the Warriors resist-ability in the Feedback thread, and if I did not, someone else did. Wis line for both classes is garbage. Imo the Strength/WIS lines should be more Zerk while the STA/AGI lines are more Guard leaving INT as a shared benefits line.

Each line can help both classes but some parts more than others, the AGI is mostly for Guardians really because Zerks do not need AE-Auto.
  7. Skream Member

There is currently 5 lines in the Warrior Tree, the only line I find useful as a Zerk is the Intelligence line.

The Agility Line is debatable, some seem to have uses for it however I don't. I have tanked everything there is in-game right now and I do not spec Dragoon Reflexes, never needed to (as a Zerk).

Having to spend points because "we have nowhere else to put them" is the position most of us Zerks are at the moment.

Maybe something which increase damage output when we are duel wielding (something similar to using a shield in the Sta Line), or perhaps increasing the base damage on certain CA's to help maintain aggro instead of attaching hate gain procs to every other CA. Or even an ability similar to the Brigands Thieves Guild where it allows us to place/share a buff with someone within the group/raid for survivability and/or DPS purposes.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Sounds like the perfect place to re-examine the STR line. The AGI line is quite critical for Guardians. STA line is middle of the road for both tanks. Really the worst line in the whole thing is the WIS line which is utterly worthless later in the game.
  9. Skream Member

Completely agree
  10. Netty Member

I think thats the biggest load of crap i have ever heard you say. Sorry but yeah. As both can put points in every singel line in the tree there should not be 2 lines that are only good for guards and 2 that are good for berserkers. As you as a guard can easy take those aswell. What do they need to change the wis line into then to be good for zerks but not for a guardian? I mean come on.
  11. Netty Member

Its all about what you are doing. If you are just OT:ing this might not be as handy. But reflexes is the only temp we have that makes us immune to ST. I find it very usefull. Gut roar is just one of those things that i never liked.... 3 secs physical stoneskin expire to fast for the physical DT and so on. the only thing i have found use of it is on physical aoes... But lets face it not that many mobs with a pure physical aoe out there.
  12. Skream Member

Being strikethrough immune has never been a problem for me, the class has enough temps and damage reductions for it to be mitigated. I have never been put in the position where I have though "Damn, I am getting trucked here, I wish I had Strikethrough immunity!

Gut-roar's fast reuse makes it an extremely handy and effective tool for Zerks
  13. Netty Member

Strikethrough immune is not the reason to take it. Its a pretty handy tool for most stuff. Maybe you dont need to use it. But i use it all the time. Reflexes is a pretty neat ability. And for zerks having to spec down in so much worthless junk to get it is just plain wrong. I also would like you to give a example of what you find Gut-roar so amazing for.
  14. Skream Member

If you don't know you're not using it right, i'll leave it at that
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Sigh, I did not say that was an ideal. That would be the perfect definition of "targeted balance" which is not "balance." In hindsight, it is a bit of ****, but I still typed it which meant I thought it at that time. However we want balance not the aforementioned targeted balance as one really is only on-paper-balanced but in practice I would bet 100p is broken.

In reality for true balance the lines should focus on an aspect of the class not specifically what a class needs; I.E "this helps Zerks and this helps Guards" which would be the problem I just illustrated above.

STR: Damage
    AGI: Avoidance
    STA: Survival
    WIS: Resists
    INT: Utility

Now those can be intermixed to allow variance within the lines but the endlines should focus on those for each tree. Take the current WIS and STR lines, they give Critical Chance and DPS mod, which back when the tree was current was a good thing for Warriors especially with the 100% Auto-Crit of Executioners Strike when chained into Slam back then was really painful.

However CC is still a necessary part of the tree's for those who need it so it has to stay at some part. The WIS line however currently offers nothing really for resists aside from the 500 Mit buff for 10 AA. Stance Mastery needs to be looked at, removing the Penalties is no longer really a worthwhile effect, I think that SM should offer buffs to each class, perhaps group utility to our stances? (This would make it more realistic for the INT line with the current Reuse Speed end-line perhaps more suited to the 3rd line on the INT tree rather than the endline.

I welcome your criticism though Netty as I have found a number of your suggestions helpful in forming my own.
  16. Netty Member

With other words you dont know. Its ok for physical aoes and 1 or 2 old death touches. Im not saying that i dont use it. Just that i dont think its as amazing as you claim it to be.

And Estred all im saying is that you cant make a line that that are good for zerks and not for guards. Thats why that idea would never work. Only thing i could think of is something to do with ripost damage... as guards are immune. I would not spec for it. Im fine with having the Agi line as it is atm as there is really nothing els to spec into. So i would waste points no matter what i do. Still think reflexes should not be there. And if it stays. Well make something els defensiv aswell imo. As i still cant pair up why a aoe line have the only defensiv ability in the tree. I really cant. And dont see it as that was mainly pointing out something and it did come out harsh as it do from time to time.

Anyways i dont really have that much to complain about zerks atm. I know guards still need that dps boost. But im pretty happy with zerks atm. A clean up in the warrrior tree is needed but dont think it need to be something huge.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep, I realize this too, hence my response post. I realize that sometimes things come out harsh, in fact earlier in this very thread you and I went back and forth over Dragoons and Arena Endurance. However before I post more on this topic I feel apt to wait for the GU66 updates to see what is done, before I make more criticisms.
  18. Skream Member

Never said it was "amazing" stop twisting my words, the comment I made was that it was better than reflexes which I still stand by.
  19. Netty Member

Then why is it better than reflexes? I can give you loads of examples where reflexes are pretty handy and where Gut roar dont do anything for you.

1. You are moving a mob and might run out of heal range.
    2. Co-op striking adds.
    3.to use befor wall of rage so you dont waste stoneskin triggers.
    4.And if you fall down in health well its pretty handy for that aswell...
    5. AoE block on it.

Yes you cant cast when you use it but the tool is still 500% better than gut roar. And i will keep using it and say that it is untill you prove me wrong. And you wont. Anyways if you dont want to use it then dont use it. Simple as that. So lets just stop it at that. This should be about improving the warrior tree not a fight over what temp is best imo. So yeah.
  20. Skream Member

1. Gut-roar can be use it that scenario, or you can do what all good tanks do and communicate to your healers that you are about to move and maintain heal range.
    2. Damage Reductions specifically Battle Frenzy will keep you alive through co-op adds. There are only 2-3 encounters that have co-op adds.
    3. Gut-roar can be used to save stoneskin triggers like Perfect Counter, so they are not absorbed by auto attacks.
    4. Hello Gut-roar
    5. Most the HM encounters AoE's this xpac are unavoidable and the ones that avoidable are can be warded through.

Like I said earlier, I have tanked everything there is to tank this xpac and have not once used Reflexes, never had to. Any ability that prevents you from dps'ing and/or casting other abilities for 12+ seconds isn't good, if it works for you, great. But claiming Gut-roar is "junk" because "it's one of those things I never liked" is not plausible. So let's agree to disagree