WARLOCK'S GRAB YOUR ANKLES.... here comes another mass-nerf from the Devs!

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Daelomdel, May 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-masseman Guest

OK, NERF warlock AoE pls. (because it is better than Wizard AoE).

Edit: If you see my post higher up you will relize this is a joke :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by masseman on 05-16-2006 01:47 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Tanith_ Guest

3. ARCHIVED-enrique_tome Guest

Does someone counts on Devastation stuns? I do. And a lot of times. It's give you a precious moments. And we'll lose them forever.

Does someone uses Nebula stuns? I do. And a lot of times. Is a nice way to start combat if tanks take a great damage amount at the beginning of the combat.

All Stuns are usefull. All stuns are great. We are going to be badly nerfed.

I agree. Nerf wizzys is not a good solution. But PLEASE Wizzards. Do not tell us we had one stun more than you. It's stupid and you Know it.

Warlocks needs a serious Fix. And needs a fix that do not nerf all the other classes. But of course Devs won't do nothing, cause:

1 . - They do not read this forum
    2 . - They do not mind.

We have been talking a lot about warlocks problems. Whenever we tryed to post a warlock specific problem on another forums it was quickly moved to this forum. that's rigth. But...

Why Lockeye did not write warlocks on they post? It was a mistake or really we do not mind at all?
  4. ARCHIVED-enrique_tome Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Solan Swiftfist Guest

Everyone says quit comparing Warlocks and Wizards but how can one not when both started out as one class then branched out at level 20? When I started my Warlock at release, I was hoping they would just be an evil Wizard with the same kind of spells, just poison and disease instead of fire and ice. Doing this would have prevented the the Warlock vs Wizard crap all the time. Since it is the way it is, I agree with the OP and think it was a great one.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xede Guest

I may raid 99.99% of the time. But i do occasionally solo those heroic mobs. Do I ever cast Nebula? Nope. Do I ever cast Apocalypse? nope. Why don't I cast these spells? 1) they are AE's 2) their cast timers are too long to worry about it. I'd rather burn the mob down fast and furious than wait on cast times. Oh but what about those groups of Heroic mobs? Skeletal Grasp is your friend. It's an AE root for a reason. You do damage to a mob it can break. I think i'd choose one mob running at me than 3 coming at me at the same time.

Even when i was leveling up from 50-60 and then 60-70 i did not even think of those spells as stuns. i used those as damage spells. To me i do not see this as a huge nerf to the class like most of you think. In all actuality i am glad they took the stun off of Apocalypse. it's the class defining spell that deals AE Damage over time. Our class defining abilities are not the utility of stuns...it is to do AE Damage. The stun effect to Nebula is nice...but its not the critical part of the spell i think. Why would SOE make an AE stun with 1k+ damage to all mobs?
  7. ARCHIVED-Solan Swiftfist Guest

If you never used Devestation or Apocalypse while soloing your not a very good soloer. What else do we have to BURN down a mob. All you have to do is pull with one of these spells, run back, on the 4th tick, turn and aoe root. Now I have all mobs rooted and down a quarter/half health and you have them all rooted at full health.
  8. ARCHIVED-enrique_tome Guest

He is rigth. To kill heroics mobs You did not need to cast Nebula or devastation. Devastation uses to break roots too many times (Curious Ice comet did not, may be cause it's DD an not DoT as Devastation, so Wizzards are better soloing?!?)

To kill Heroics You must cast Distortion and Absolution line. That's all. You must try to do the greater damage casting the less spells posible (the less spells the less break chance, the more damage, the less spells needed to kill mobs) Devastation is a DoT so its a dangerous one, can't be employed cause it count like 4 spells ( it procs 4 times)

But Devastation is our signature spell. It's stun efect when we group is really nice. Nebula when grouping (Doing instances, questing, etc.) is basic, to give healers a chance to bring tank health to green from red. And both spell are going to hell.
  9. ARCHIVED-masseman Guest

10. ARCHIVED-enrique_tome Guest

Send a bug report. it should not be like you says. Looks like a bug.

Try to use Devastation on a rooted mob. It's really crazy. Devastation is a DoT. DoT. Did you employ any DoT when you try to kill any heroic mob? Did you?

Now try to undestant. Your signature spell, ice comet is DD, (best spell type to kill heroics, cause has the less chance to breaks roots) our signature spell, Devastation is DoT ,(worst spell type to kill heroics, cause has a hi chance to breaks roots.)

I'm not asking for nerf Wizzards. I do not want that. I only want my stuns back. That's all. We are worser that Wizzards. So please do not nerf us anymore and try to fix us without nerf any other class.

11. ARCHIVED-Dajuuk Guest

2 things.
    Enrique. Wizards have things just about as bad as we do. This is not a situation where the grass is any greener on the other side. Lay off of them.
    Masseman. Warlocks CAN NOT solo group encounters any better than wizards can. As ironic as it is, a Warlocks soloing life is pretty much restricted to single target encounters because of the long recast time and extreme unreliability of AOE roots. The only AoE line warlocks get that wizards don't have an equivalent of is Devestation which is a DOT and its use on a rooted group encounter will pretty much guarantee the warlocks death especially now that the stun has been removed.
    Honestly, as things stand now the wizard is slightly better soloing, the warlock has a slight edge in a single group play, and they both seem to be the same in raids. Wizards and Warlocks do not need to be at each others throats.
    Can't we just get along?
    Edit.
    Warlock AoE root was changed to encounter only with the same patch that changed the wizard one.

Message Edited by Dajuuk on 05-16-2006 08:30 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-masseman Guest

Message Edited by masseman on 05-16-2006 08:33 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-masseman Guest

Yes - that would be fine. I believe the stuns and root nerfs will affect both Warlocks/Wizards far more than most other classes and is unfair to both of them. My hope is that most Warlocks will also understand that.
  14. ARCHIVED-enrique_tome Guest

I agree It's a really bad nerf for both classes. But at least you do not loose one Stun. That LU hits harder at Warlocks side.

I reggreat cause I start thinking it was a good LU for wizzards. i did not read good enougth the root duration reduction. It's a bad LU for both classes. We'll have sereve problems killing grouped mobs. Sad thing, that was warlocks speciality.
    Now wizzards could have problems soloing grouped mobs. And will solo heroics mobs worser, but we'll have the same problem, or even greater. Devastation stun used to give us a precious moments. Now... nothing. Now we are even more just "killer of trash mobs" that's the warlock role on EQ2.
  15. ARCHIVED-masseman Guest

You are losing it, wizards never had it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Dabbie Guest

Isn't surging tempest a stun every 8 seconds or something?

And i concur, i don't even bother trying to solo large group mobs unless they are all double down or tripple down mobs. You simply cannot ae at all and use a group root at the same time. We used to be able to get perhaps nebula off and reroot... The nerfs to stun duration fixed being able to do that. Least wizards have the large dmg attacks to kill single targets fast... cause that's what i do if i have to... group root, and pick em off one by one ;0/

Cast
    Lvl 70 Warlock
    Blackburrow
    SoN
  17. ARCHIVED-masseman Guest

Surging tempest is a single target stun+dmg DoT not an AoE. Wizards never had AE stun.
  18. ARCHIVED-!DotU!_{Voltron} Guest

Been a Warlock since day 1 of EQ2, and I have regretted it ever since....
  19. ARCHIVED-Dabbie Guest

Being that wizards are single target dmg.... they have 3 or more single target stuns.... being that warlocks are aoe... they have 2 short duration aoe stuns (soon to be completely nerfed). Why do we have to go into wizards are worse than warlocks etc. fights? The classes are balanced (atm) for what they do--wizards can stun single targets more, warlocks have a few cheap short duration group stuns.
    Message Edited by Dabbie on 05-16-2006 03:22 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Senen74 Guest

Feels like the final combat revamp for SWG that realy put the nail in the coffin for that game, seems as SoE shifts devs around from game to game some new guy with the "Vision" steps in and tries to revamp the core of the game. I for one am getting sick and tired of these major revamps at this point I'm just playing with my guild till VG comes out and hoping that Brad and crew stay true to there word and keep SoE's hands out of development and future game changes.