Warlock's Blast of Devastation - Nerfed or bugged?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Is it just me or has something changed with this spell? I could swear it had around 30 meters range or so previously, but now it only has 15 meters, and that's with the range increase enabled from the velious AA tree?

Feels like I have to stand almost next to the mobs now to use it efficiently. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just feeling generally confused now?
  2. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

The base range on this sorceror ability has always been 10m. I'm not in game to see if it's changed but it for sure was never 30. It is/was also the same range that you needed to be to get the max damage out of thunderclap as well at 10m. So, your 15m would be right if you have the BoD heroic AA maxed. (You might consider looking into M.O. instead in that tree btw as it rocks.)
    Now if we just had a reliable way of verifying range. (Outside of the good ol' Brock's thermal shocker.) /nudges devs for a range indicator of some sort
  3. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Yeah it has never been 30 for sure, resonance will increase the range a little too.
    Maybe you are missing a troub at the times you feel it isn't working properly?

Edit: Catalog creature is a good guage for 15 meters
  4. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Okay... maybe I am just confused then. It felt like it had really low range now compared to how it's been normally. Maybe not 30 meters, but it felt like it had wider/longer reach anyway. Odd.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

I'm not saying 100% it isn't bugged if you use the AA in it it is possible that is somehow borked now, I do not spec any AA in that on heroic but I'll throw some dummies up and try it, because it should extend the range/and cone width.
    What isnt clear in the AA is is the width of the cone increased because of the extension of range or does it cover a wider arc from the cast point.
  6. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    This would be true for me as well.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Ok I just placed 2 training dummies 10m apart (using brocks thermal shocker as a tape measure)
    I then got in the middle the best I could targeted one and moved away until brocks thermal shocker showed out of range I could not hit either from there. I nudged forward until he shocker was in range again and could hit both. Next I nudged to the left a little maintaining the same distance and could only hit one. next I placed 2 more dummies on each side outside of the initial 2 about 1 meter out. again from the middle at the extent of the range I could only hit the initial 2. I respecced and put 10 points into BOD went to the middle point backed up about 3 meters and hit all 6 dummies. So it appears that the AA is working to some extent, not scientific enough to conclude it is working as intended but it certainly appears to be.
    Now I gotta go run Nu'roga to recover my 11 plat lol. ;)