Warlocks and Wizards

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Apan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. SocialDisease New Member

Yes once you get enough CB over what your cap is you definitely should switch to left side, also be careful that your not cutting your own throat, watch your CB Cap, when troub buff is running calculate it from there.So check your CB caps after you swap the conversion so your not loosing out.
  2. Alexstrasza Active Member

I found getting to level 20 Tithe CB does the trick if you have a good mix of T4/T3 gear, at least thats what I was at when I went left side.
  3. SocialDisease New Member

yeah i needed about 4k+ CB before i switched and still took a hit with trouby buff. Tested it with right and left i was still able to push a little more on the right side and from looking at the parse it was an increase on apocalypse on the right side that did it. probably from not using the increments at all and using rift and apocalypse as instant cast spells. i don't know, people are swearing by left side but i just don't see it, im still spec'd left side but i might swap back over soon. I will say this left side has a necro feel to it swaping targets and stacking dots.

BTW someone mentioned to me that on a test dummy they are hitting around 70-80 mil dps with a wand but on mobs they are lucky to hit around 1-2 mil this person is in t3-t4 mix gear. with accuracy, ae, and mins on melee stats. Even said he tried caping Strikethrough to no avail i know he is sitting at well over 400+ resolve so maybe broken mechanic with wand vs resolve mechanic ??? Another warlock had mentioned this to me as well, that was still in the weapon damage build from last xpac said his weapons where not hitting anymore, i think he rage quit the game again shortly after lol.
  4. Alexstrasza Active Member

auto attacks mean nothing. they don't contribute anything worthwhile to parse.
    Snikkety likes this.
  5. Entropy Well-Known Member

Almost all important fights are single target. The left side mechanic for sorcerers is just flat superior to single target stack release. It's hard to beat a heavy ticking DoT and a Fervor buff.

Right side will still win on AE fights due to AE stacks and Fusion resets, but how many named encounters this xpac do you see where you have 3-4+ mobs up and clustered at all times? ..."zero", is the answer. (Note: Fusion resets are also pretty snazzy for single target fights because it hits so hard now and it grants fervor, but that still doesn't make right side better.)

As Arkmaru said, autoattack is completely worthless now. It's barely even useful for triggering procs anymore, because most of the valuable procs that mages have trigger off of spells only. It's to the point where I basically face my toon/camera in whatever direction I need to be watching for adds/etc to pop (on relevant fights), because I don't even care if my autoattack is hitting.
  6. SocialDisease New Member

been playing around went on a few raids to see how raid and group buffs benefited me. My ascensions where not the top of my parse though, mainly because they are not grand-mastered.
    I was hitting around 2 billion on the Lock but was still only at #6 on the parse the inquisitor hit for 2.9 billion, Illy hit for 3.5 the troub hit for 3 billion. ranger at 4.8 billion and the conj was sitting at 5.8 billion most of there ascensions was rocking the parse but the conj pet dominated everyone. so yeah i can see why everyone is upset i thought i was doing good till i looked at the numbers. BTW plague bringer, Unda,Thunderclap, Chains, Draw of the void,Apocalypse and acid was top of my parse the rest was ascensions. Lefts side spec all spells related are poop.

i saw someone say they was at 1 billion and second on the parse.....can i join your raid lulz.
  7. ColdPlaya New Member

well comparing parse's in raid. This shows us about where these class's stand.
    NON-Ascensions spells DPS ranged skills, all classes are at close to the same potency ect all in the same tier gear.

Wizard 4 spells hitting over 2billion.
    Ranger 6 spells hitting over 2 billion
    Conjuror 12 spells hitting over 2 billion
    Warlock 3 spells hitting over 2 billion
    Beastlord 5 spells hitting over 2 billion
    Illusionist 4 spells hitting over 2 billion.
    Necromancer 5 spells hitting over 2 billion.

our other warlock and assassin ragequit.
  8. SocialDisease New Member

They are not going to fix the class imbalance no matter how hard you cry coldplaya, don't get me wrong i feel your pain. They said buy the xpac to get the fix...there is no fix and its confirmed there will not be one. This downward spiral is final cash grab.