Warlocks and Wizards

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Apan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ColdPlaya New Member

Personally instead of trying to revamp the whole class to balance the Cast time vs Dmg that some other classes are putting out, i think a simple band-aid fix would be to boost the epic buffs up. Warlock i think draw should be all the time maintained buff would probably boost the damage up around where it should be. Wizard i'd add a "decent" potency boost to the fervor buff.
  2. Syota New Member

Band-Aids are what led us to the position we are in. Everything is a Band-Aid. While it would be nice to have better balance sooner rather than later, i'd rather have it fixed right instead of just slapping yet another band aid on a barely held together game.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. ColdPlaya New Member

Well your lucky if you even get a band-aid at this point, and with ascensions whats the point, while it hasn't totally eliminated player skills its pretty close. Needless to say im Not a fan of this pay2win the parse this game has turned into. it was another great idea poorly executed, like many these days. What im looking at is what the summoner's epics are doing and the ONLY way a wiz and warlock is going to get back up from t3 dps to t1 is to double the dmg of Draw and make curse of darkness hit just as hard if thats the route the developers want to go mechanically with the class, this would make casting anything other than ascensions worthwhile.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Alexstrasza Active Member

I don't know what class you play but I sit on the top 2 of every parse... its not that bad.
    Ashandra likes this.
  5. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Wiz is pretty solid we are seeing the same, around 25% total damage from an end aa is a decent buff by any standard.
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

You sit top 2 of every parse, how much of that is your GM paid for ascensions though? I think that's the guy's point. "Pay2win the parse"

I'm not saying it isn't better, because it is surely better, and depending on the fight a Wizard or a Warlock can actually compete now, but a lot of it really is ramping up potency higher than some classes can. The "ravaging" rune that everyone gets closed the gap a lot. Without that, sorcerer are really far behind still, kinda like how Ranger DPS still sucks, if you remove the hawk from the parse.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. Alexstrasza Active Member

Baliath which is 18 minutes I do between 1.6-1.8bil sustained, I mean its not all ascensions... I do have a an 18bil memory of the stolen expert parse, but who cares about 17 seconds lol, msg me in game with your discord name and I can supply parse breakdowns.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

still .. having all asc spells GM helps a LOT for dps

are all the other DPS of your raid GM in every spell also ?

even in 18 min fight ... GM asc spells must still be on top of your parse.
    Kioske and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. Worm New Member

I have read through some of the comments and I don't think that fixing the Epic buff would be a Band-Aid at all, that's actually a genuine fix to be honest, It would bring locks and wizzies up to par with the summoners and scouts epic abilities. Make it a maintained buff and make it double cast.
    I don't think Curse of Darkness is valid at all though, I wish the devs' would stop trying to make it happen, adding it to the ethereal adornment, what was they even thinking, Stop trying to make it happen its worthless.
    I also think bringing dmg percent up until they get in par is more of a bandaid fix than actually fixing the class's. One mechanic that everyone can agree on is casting while moving should have been added a long time ago with current mechanics, range based multiplier damage is something else that should have been done away with like with (Unda and thunderclap) it is old and outdated. just add a final dmg multiplier scaled on potency problem solved with boss fights.
    As for fixing the Older spells someone mentioned, don't, last thing I need is to have to load all 10 hotbars up again like I had to in the past, I kinda like having only 3 hotbars. I have a few dots and instant cast spells and ascensions kinda content with that. one for priority one for fillers and of course clickys. in a way I'm glad the mechanics are broken no more stress if I get stifled ect and drop 5 places on the parse because I can't keep dots and triggers stacked. I do agree that casting and reuse need to be adjusted for the new style of playing though. Cast times on a lot of class's need adjustments.
  10. Fairin Active Member

my alt wizard would just "like" epic 2.0 buffs please, im still looking for them after i got my 2.0

something that compares with other epic 2.0's effects would be nice.. you know. even a cut and paste 10 fervor on my flameblades, or hell a temp pet that does hella damage like a beastlord (swords of ro plz)

not increasing fusions range from 19 to 93.(when the hell should i ever be more than 19 meters away form a boss? does it make my healers group heal hit me too =P ). or lol tiny fervor buff on pull.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Shaoli Member

That huge range fusion is a nice thing, in fact... great utility for an event fight
  12. ColdPlaya New Member

Fusion buff is nice but you need Ferver increment stacks added on like i suggested before hell even make it a 500 meter raid Fever buff or something usefull, like worm said you need movement while casting for modern content so put all that together then you actually have an Epic Buff
  13. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Sup guys just reading the forums like I am wont to do every 5 months or so, nostalgia or whatever, and let me see if I got this right so far:

So if I dump a bunch of money (how much?) I get the good stuff?

Do you just stand at 20m spamming unda and these ascensions over and over again?

What is the AA spell referenced 3 posts up?

Where do wizards sit dps wise in raid these days?

So is it easier than ever to parse? no FB rotations, no thinking ahead?

If I drop $1K and then roll a pepsi can across my number key hotbars I can finally be a great wizard?
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

wizard are strong now

well u need a lot of cash to get ascension spells to GM ...

but you'll need the grind anyway for the wizard rune I guess .. so it's not just pay to win. there's a bit of it .. pay to be first on the parse ... but u have some other stuffs too to be there :)
  15. Entropy Well-Known Member

Hey Sac, welcome back. You going to play again? I will answer (some of) your questions... in no particular order.

Wizards are competing for the top of the parse these days. Summoners (particularly conj) and predators are also up there in the mix. Assassins usually get stuck in the MT group, which provides significantly inferior buffs to a mage/dps group, so they get sort of accidentally boned by circumstances. Warlocks got a weaker Epic 2.0 effect than Wizards, and there aren't many AE fights, so they don't really get a chance to shine. (*Note: this is for extended fights. On anything less than 20 seconds it is all about Rising Tide + Ascension so any class can compete... whoever gets Fervor proc early wins.)

Ascension damage is a fairly small portion of overall parse for T1 DPS classes, so there isn't as big of a "P2W" component there. It's 15-20% of my parse on single target fights. Getting it to Expert tier is cheap and probably best bang for the buck.

Sorcerers are now mostly left-side prestige specced, so there isn't as much cast logic or skill involved as there was with right-side stack mechanic.

Fusion is now good (boosted by epic plus cloak rune), and has a spot in the normal cast rotation. On the rare fight with waves of adds, it is pretty beastly.

Fiery Blast is hopelessly broken. I will cast it randomly during combat for nostalgia's sake.

Manaburn is still bad.

Pepsi is gross. Roll that Coke Zero across your keypad, however, and you will shine.
    Dude, Semperfifofum and Mizgamer62 like this.
  16. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Thanks for the answer amigo. Doubt I'm resub bing, not enough time anymore for an mmo and what game time i do get these days is split amongst pubg, tekken7 or neir automata.

Wizards should always be a threat at the top of the parse. It's just common sense.
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

Yep. If sorcerers and predators aren't competing for the top of the parse on long fights, something is fundamentally wrong with the game. Those classes were originally built around having almost no utility and just being pure damage dealers. Some of them have seen utility creep in over the years (particularly MaxHP% debuffs) which imo should be stripped from them.

There should always be a "max DPS / min Utility" archetype in every MMO. That playstyle, imo, should also be terrible at soloing, but that would require a game where mitigations and utility meant more and we didn't just grossly overpower stuff as current content.
  18. Bendark New Member

To me, the thing that sets sorcs apart are the increments...and personally I think its sad that it's not in use any more it seems. (I wouldn't know, I play a faceroll BL since ToT). I do know our lock sits more in raid than I do for no other reason than the class she plays :(. I only played lock basically for one encounter in fabled Lab of Lord Vyemm with the 30ish linked mobs...it was hella fun.

If any dev is listening...please bring back increments, fix and update what sets classes apart (instead of homogenizing them together w/ ascns); and add more variety to bosses to favor more AoE/encounter based dmg. I wouldnt mind seeing raid make-up being changed depending on what kind of fight it is!
    Here's an idea...make focused casting apply to CB overcap or fervor/fervor overcap for profession spells only and bring back massive spike dmg.
    Disclaimer: I'm a noob who only plays pet classes because they are easier
  19. Entropy Well-Known Member

They made a clear (small but clear) distinction between the left and right side prestige. That's how it should be. One is better on ST, one on AE. While I did like the higher skill cap of right-side play, I don't think you understand what "bring back increments" means... that means we're back to only having one viable spec again, and that's not cool.
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

To be fair we're kinda in that situation now... there is no reason to go right spec once you hit a certain gear threshold.