Warlocks and Wizards

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Apan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. learpilot74 Active Member

They admitted to my guildee they dont even have test beds for each class they make changes to...how would they fix anything then ? lol
  2. Cythemia Member

BDO (Black Desert Online) trust me you have more than a few spells to cast over and over, there is 14-15 spells and combos, and Wizards are the Healers in this game, they are in retrospect the "Magic Users" all compiled into one, and when you ascend you get a whole new set of spells and abilities. But if you want to play a healer type you can build a whole spec just for buffs and heals if you wanted, we have 2 in our guild that are just heal spec'ed and they are very hard to kill, even the op dark knight and berserkers have a time with them.
  3. Cythemia Member

sooo I descided to brush off my old warlock, just to see how "Bad" its gotten, and WOW its horrible, granted I'm far from end game at the moment but from what I am reading here it gradually gets worse???

After I finished the epic I thought hmm why did my other toons get better epic rewards (Mainly buffs) my Conj got a beast of a pet and well my beastlord is rwarr. but when I look at what I got here on my warlock I was severally disappointed. So not only that I had to rebuild my entire spec because well half the AA's became totally useless with the stat inflations, a LARGE majority of them to be honest.

So I'm looking at the dmg my abilities do in comparison to my other characters, and then I'm looking at duration and cast time. The damage is pretty close in line with some others but the reuse/casting speed/ and duration are way out of proportion. Not only do I have a long cast time but the spells damage is less, this is a big issue.

Not sure how this is effecting the Wizards since I havn't played mine since TOV, but id assume they are probably in close to the same issues, but if I remember right Wizards do have a lot more upfront hard hitting damage,Where is warlock made up for it over time with triggers and dots, not anymore I'm afraid reuse on all the other classes quik high dmg hits are just way to fast for triggers and dots to even compete. especially with all the proc dmg from the other classes.

As it stands to even make this class viable again you would have to make some serious changes. It seems to me they would have to increase the over all DPS somehow, there is so many ways to do this though, maybe give them both increase the Dot and dumbfire DPS /Durations and or make the DD spells reuse / recovery / cast about half of what it is currently. TBH A lot of warlock spells are useless anyways and has needed to be removed, revamped or merged into another ability...I saw a streamer that had all 10 hotbars filled just with warlocks spells and maybe 2-3 clickys that's ridiculous.

What are your thoughts on good "NON-over the board" Fixes that would put Warlocks back up into the top DPS brackets.
    Do you think increases to Spell Triggers , Dumbfires and dots is the way to go or do you think that they could just revamp the DD spells to hit harder faster and more often would be the way to go. Or Both.
  4. Yards Well-Known Member

Increase every sorcerers abilities by x% amount every week until they are in line with everyone else. It's so easy that it's stupid it hasn't been done yet. This isn't only sorcerer specific, they can do it to every class that needs it now or in the future, either lower by x amount or raise by x amount until classes are within an acceptable % difference.
  5. Fairin Active Member

can i super like this response?

wizzie epic 2.0 spells are rather well.. how do you say.. lackluster? .... what? i got 2 epic spells where?. and "sure lets increase the range of fusion to 93 meters. because i absolutely have to be that far away from a boss to dps? - nothing says stay out of heal range than going further than 20m from your healer meleeing the crap out of a mob. though the double hit is nice i guess..

at least that fervor buff has a nice uptime right?. 5 min reuse. 13 seconds? should be permanent buff for the group at this point.
    Mizgamer62 and Zeee like this.
  6. sarasi New Member

Give sorcerers a pet problem solved :p What P***** me off most ..is effort put in to playing a wiz/lock v effort on a necro/conj ...i play both although lock has fell behind in gear cos its just not worth playing unless the zone needs powerfeed, but i do manage to beat the healer (sometimes). But i can go make a cup of coffee while on necro and still hit billions!! Give us something permanent for our epic spell not a so so damage spell that can be cast once every 3 weeks!!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. Zelox Active Member

8. Riktor New Member

I just can't do it anymore.... parking the warlock (no not switching to another dps huge waste of my time). on a side note really do appreciate what guys like Yards, Mogrim and many others are trying to do for not just warlocks but dps class balance in general. I'll try to keep the lock somewhat updated but not wasting too much of my time.
    Livejazz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I love playing my Wizard: he's super-effective, & he's fun to run around Norrath towing his mercenary Warpriest behind him. He's a gas, blowin' stuff up with his uber-nukes.

Of course, if I actually did ANYTHING group-wise, instead of being a casual soloing scrub, I'd probably not like my Wizzie as much any more. So, because that's true, I'm not a subscriber any more, won't be in the future, & am at least 50% likely to avoid the next expansion.
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed any difference in dps with wizard or warlock. I haven't been able to / haven't wanted to log in lately so I can't judge too accurately if there was a bump in dps.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

I personally got a small bump, but ascensions are still my main damage source
  12. Alexstrasza Active Member

Slight bump, nothing spectacular.
  13. Failsauce New Member

Not that this post would rectify anything but figured i might put this out and maybe hopefully a dev might give this a try and see what happens.

I have been running some spells sets to test damage, reuse, and recovery time to better adjust my rotations with dot stacking and DD adjustments. That i found That Big Hit spells don't hit hard enough to compensate for the long wait for usability. Granted i hit them for the extra damage they have become hit when up but not rotation. Seems that my biggest DPS spells are hiting around what my lower end spells should be hitting for and lower end abilities are way below standard. which makes Yards argument even more valid. But i did notice some things when trying to rebuild my rotation and get rid of some of the things that used to be valid but are no longer working as intended.
    Spells marked with * Must be revamped.
    For all Sorc classes
    Across the board what i noticed for shared aa's I noticed this.
    Thunderclap even with exta hits is too low. (up close i would expect this to hit as hard as unda at max range)
    Ethereal Chains Reuse and Recover make the dmg Null but the threat component makes it still viable. (Reduce Reuse and Recover would help Tremendously for all casters.)
    Blast of devistation- Damage seems to be balanced but what kills this spell is the Casting Speed, This spell's Casting speed should become increment supported like other abilities. (Apocalypse, rift ect..)

Going to touch on a few spells not all of them mainly the ones that need adjustments made. if not listed i don't think they need anything special.

Warlocks
    First off encounter spells are obsolete all green spells should be AOE unless negative void is active.

Dots-

*Dark pyre-Slight damage increase (needs to be inline with Cataclysm and Acid)
    *Apocalypse- only viable with Negative void active
    *Dark Siphoning- cast time reduction.

Direct Damage
    *Absolution- Decent damage with negative void active, Horrible Casting and reuse for the dmg it does overall dps is garbage.
    *Dark Nebula- Horrid spell, Stun is obsolete. dmg ,cast time, reuse time, recovery are pure garbage nothing good i can say about it.
    *Encase- .25 sec cast time needed.
    *Flames of velious- Needs massive dmg increase-Secondary damage should be a dot for 4 seconds every .2 seconds
    *Distortion-. .25 cast time needed.
    *Disolve- in serious need of a Massive dmg increase with nox debuff.

Trigger Spells
    Pretty much all the triggers and Dumbfires didn't scale with the damage increases of the stat inflation.
    Acid storm needs cast time reduction so that we can maintain our Mains spell rotations.
  14. Nubek Active Member

You don't really have a clue what you're talking about if you think Thunderclap/Ethernere/Apoc without clicky are ****. TC/Ethernere are top 5 easily and Apoc is in top 10 even without negative void active.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

If you are expecting any spells to hit as hard as Unda, you're going to be here a very long time.

From what I'd gather, you want "every" spell to be worth casting, and that just won't happen. If they fixed even half the spells you listed to do more damage and made them worth casting we'd have too much to cast in our rotation and some of the spells would have to be left out anyway. Also you mentioned increments, are warlock still right side speccing? Thought only wizards did that anymore. Sounds like your AA's need to be updated ;)

Thunderclap at 14m or closer does pretty decent damage, and I'd say it's probably right about where it should be considering how fast the spell casts (great for procing VC and Draw from the Void) and the fact that you can cast it on the run. If you really want to get the most out of it you can actively joust from 14-22m for Max unda and max TC, but that gets tedious sometimes.

Our dumbfires (other than dark infestation) have only ever been useful against AE encounters. They're not useful in KA because there are no AE targets. This goes for Blast of Devastation too ( don't even spec for it anymore)

Flames of Velious does great damage if you left side spec. Distortion is worth casting, if you left side spec.

Apoc is always worth casting. It's the one spell that really works with NV still, if there are linked mobs (Very very rare and always on trash) you leave it off, non linked you turn it on. Not sure the complaint? You want Apoc to be useful without NV on against single target? You know NV can be cast while casting other things and is instant right? It's actively part of my rotation on most fights to juggle Siphoning and apoc...

I do agree that Dark Pyre could use a small boost though. It's right on the edge of not being worth to cast most of the time and sits near the bottom of my order. I tend to only cast it as a last resort. Putting it in line with acid wouldn't be the worst idea.

Encase is near the bottom as well.

Other than that, take them off your hotbar. Absolution can go back on if they make another encounter fight with 4+ named, and same with Nebula (because then right side spec might be worth a damn again and you need those increments).

If TC/Ethernere are in the top 5 on your parse, you might need to adjust your rotation..
  16. Failsauce New Member

I get what you are saying but if you look closer at what i was doing here, was trying to not only make spells valid but increase alter the spells and debuffs so that they would be up at different intervals , alter casting speeds on some to make them cast fast enough you can still maintain your priority spells in rotation.
    and after thinking about it again it probably wouldn't hurt to just merge some of the abilities and get rid of some of them altogether. puts some of the debuff's on some of the lesser damage abilities.
  17. Yards Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any dps increase with the new class balance multiplier that went in. Unda is hands down the best ability mages have and you should take advantage of that. There really is no point in jousting in and out for unda/thunderclap ( and if i'm not mistaken unda is capped at 20meters and capped at 100% doublecast ) so jousting from 15 to 20 would suffice but is not necessary, in fact you would probably lose dps trying to do that. Stay at 20m or 21m and unda should top your class abilities parse just about every time. I would like to see class dps matter again instead of ascension combos completely dominating everything. For the most part what I am seeing is ascension abilities at the top of my parse then unda is around 12 to 15% ( sometimes unda beats out ascension ) followed by nox influx at less than 8%, the rest falls 5% and lower on most long duration fights. As long as you cast unda, apoc, pb, flames of velious, draw from the void on cooldown and keep your ascension combos rolling, the other spell priorities don't matter at all and you could literally cast smite of consistancy over and over until the above are ready to be cast again with minimal dps loss.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  18. Nubek Active Member

Sorry, you misunderstand. I'm talking about Warlock spells (not Ascension spells) and how much of a damage return you get for the time spent casting them. They won't show up in the top 5 of my parse, but they are in the top 5 of most efficient stuff we've got available to us outside of Ascension spells.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

My fiery blast regularly hits for more than my Unda WHEN AND ONLY WHEN it works correctly. However, Unda is NOT capped at 100% doublecast. We tested it in raid, coordinating 4 time warps. Every single mage in the raid, with 500% SDA, hit for 16b, while they were close to 3-4b with our normal 100% SDA. I've had fiery blasts upwards of 20b when I can frontload rising tide ascensions into it, however FB is the single buggiest ability on the game, making it very unreliable.
  20. Yards Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand. Timewarp is group only so how would 4 illies in a raid give an entire raid 500% sda? I never said unda was the hardest hitting ability, I said it does the most dps. Any way no sense dwelling on this too much sometimes I'm wrong, however in this particular instance I am right. I just tested it with an illy and unda hits exactly the same to the single digit with 100 sda vs 200 sda and the same at 20m as it does at 22m.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.