Warlocks and Wizards

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Apan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Apan Member

There is a big difference in DPS with other DPS classes and were being looked over for other classes that put out far more DPS than us.
    You hardly see a wizard or warlock anymore players have given up playing them because Daybreak doesn't listen.
    You can't compare the DPS that scouts,beastlords or summons put out compared to the warlocks and wizards.

Why is it so hard to add a suggestion to the forums and the DEVS look into it.
    I'm to the point of just ending my subscription and trying out some new games and maybe come back in a year or two and see if it's fixed.
  2. Simien Active Member

You won't be the first. I still play my wizard in raid. It is fun, I don't top any parses anymore, I recognize we have issues that need addressed but ima keep looking forward. If I find a new game to call home..so be it. But, for now at least my guild will group with me! hahah cheers! :)
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

How thoughtful of you to think the game will last at the most 2 years longer going in its current direction.
    Gillymann, Livejazz, Meneltel and 7 others like this.
  4. Yards Well-Known Member

At most it will last one more expansion. At best it will shutdown tomorrow.
    Livejazz, Mizgamer62, Zeee and 5 others like this.
  5. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Its as if there's a light on but no ones home in one expansion so much has changed for the worse scrap all this ancesion rubbish go back to the grass roots and balance stuff out again what's being done at the moment isn't good enough that's for sure.
  6. Rondo9 Active Member

[IMG]

Don't expect anything done this expac.
  7. Estarriol New Member

I would guess in the next expansion classes will be able to purchase a kind of bauble which permanently doubles the damage of all professional spells. It would cost around 5000 DBC and of course you will need to be a member to benefit from it. A better yet idea would be to force you to have one more paid account and make this item work like heartbound. "Your friend is supporting you with all their heart, doubling the damage of all your professional spells". Great idea, they definitely should adopt it.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  8. Zelox Active Member

id like your post but I'd be worried that this is the post they see and dont catch the sarcasm
    Livejazz likes this.
  9. Sluggard New Member

Just sell a class change tokens and get rid of warlocks and wizards problem... with all warlocks and wizards :eek:
  10. Odur27 Member

I Call BS, there are many things in varying states of "Brokeness" yet none of it seems to be getting even glanced at lol. Just one of the multitudes "Chillbarrier" for BLs.
    Whiomaju and Mizgamer62 like this.
  11. Yards Well-Known Member

It's comical that the dev's think people are going to wait until next expansion for the game to get fixed. They completely broke all class balance the first day this expansion was released and only ballooned since then. Now they throw up their hands and say oh well you have to wait for next expansion to see what trash we throw at you next. No thanks, I'll keep my money and you can all sad.
    Gillymann, Livejazz, Ronjah and 4 others like this.
  12. Kioske Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Yards. Why on earth would I purchase another expansion if they make no effort to fix the current one? They keep fiddling and adjusting things that aren't a real problem and refuse to take a look at the things that are a serious problem. Warlock DPS was abyssmal at the start of the expac, and it's only gotten worse as the stats inflate. Any fight that lasts longer than 30 seconds and I have zero chance keeping up with the ranger/conj/BL/necro in the raid. Fights that last 30 seconds or less and I get beat by chanters, healers, anyone who gets a myth crit on ascension during rising tide. Then, to force you to "slow down" they add in a panic mechanic that wipes your raid if the mob thinks you might kill it in less than 90 seconds, instead of actually fixing the glaring issue that is the ascension system. Why on earth would I continue playing a game that the devs seem to not care about anymore? It's like they're just keeping it on life support and squeezing every ounce of cash out of this until it kills itself.
    Mizgamer62 and Revanu like this.
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

I think one programs that the devs need to get with is the lack of utility sorcerers bring to a raid. I do not debuff, I do not buff, I do not hate transfer (Since Warlock's hate transfer has been broken for about 6 months), I do not lower a mobs max health like a predator, I do not have a serious group heal like a beastlord in spiritual, I am a DPS class. If you want to give me all sorts of utility to bring to the raid, I wouldn't even be mad. I might play a different class, but I wouldn't even be mad. I've spent months on this toon this expac and it would take months on another toon to get them to where this one is. But the way it is going with the "we will fix class balance issues next expac", I guess the devs are telling warlocks to not even play anymore?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Konc3pt Active Member

what do we have to do to get Xelgad back? he would make sorcs great again.
    Tigerr, Kioske and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Ever since bleedthrough been in game BL no longer do any "serious" heal btw
  16. Protips Member

like Yards said, if no fix it's not gonna last people to next xpac
  17. Fairin Active Member

all these posts make me excited to play my wizard again.. cause it was how troubs were treated back in dov when i started.. and look at me now... ha . haa...
  18. Cythemia Member

all of you that are unhappy , you should all try out black desert online, I have been playing that game and its amazing, TBH this games engine is sooo old and run ragged not to mention the tons of bloated junk they keep adding and the lack of optimization it will never run good on even the best machines, This game itself is amazing in its own right its just running on ancient code, and the biggest problem is most of the content just becomes obsolete before its completed or used to its potential because of releasing more bloated under used content. No xpac should be released without at least 50% of the population meeting at a min 80-100% of the content in the current. I really think they should just grab some new servers pick a good up to date game engine that is constantly updated and build off of it like a lot of the newer games are doing like cryengine or Unity and Unreal there is so many plugins for building even voxel worlds. This game with all its glory of legend and lore combined with modern tech could be the absolute most amazing game on the market. Maybe even throw in some ocean content like archeage has and fluid flowing combat of Black desert in the world of norrath. ....im dreaming I know.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

well .. some like how EQ2 is

I just watched BSO and too much spell effects. I usually don't like asians MMO. they are too explosive. I understand for wizards to have big spells, but in their games, even fighters or rangers seem to be mages. U don't see anything and it feels u just spam the same big spells over and over again.

Yeah great graphics are nice at first but if the core is boring, then u won't play much. When I think about that, haven't even seen healers in their classes Oo
  20. Lare Active Member

Like eq2 the spell effects can be turned off and tbh it's no different, I left the game 18months ago and I am so glad I did. Seems locks are screwed and well that is all I really enjoyed.

Hope they fix it for you guys and hey Faceroller been a while!!

Laretha