Warlock!

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Bains, May 30, 2017.

1. Bains New Member

After several years and a number of lvl 100 chars, i decided to try out my first mage with that lvl 100 bauble...choosed warlock.
    Will be grateful for the hints you can give me when it comes to most important spells, casting orders and that stuff.
    Also, are they in a decent state atm? Havent grouped with one in months, and thats of course not a good sign! ;)
    Noticed in a recent patch update that wizzys and locks got increased dps output. How did they change them?
    Anyway, feel free to throw in your tips and tricks that could help me get a good start :)
    Cheers
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Betray to wizard then be disappointed by sorcerors in general
    Earar likes this.
  3. Bains New Member

Disappointed or not...that answer didnt help anyone I assume, atleast not me ;)
    Thanks for trying though Snikkety. =)
  4. Dakisis New Member

more like took dps away not to mention some spells they completely broke altogether. really sad i tell you.
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

6. Naneeje Well-Known Member

7. Fairin Active Member

a whole lot of that guide is out of date. sorry, no self ward? - there are better aa choices as the vast majority of % increases are useless 5 pot upgrades when yeh got tons of potency already.

however the rotation is pritty spot on most everything else is good too.

them adorns are waaaay out of date too. sorry this is a tot spec / information

alas i have no offering of how to warlock right now so saying " well if you can do better show us" i can't. but i betrayed my lock to wizard to play (sorry i really -really- like ice comet more) even if they do less dps (maybe not now? not sure) so when i remade his spec there are tons.. and tons of choices for aa's and whatnot better than what the two classes share.

if you find it - its needs refining of course and balanced for gear required for everyones spec's now
  8. Livx Member

9. Cythemia Member

I havn't played KA on my warlock so I have no idea about the Ascension tactics and how they fit in the rotation. But gearing is the same id assume Potency AB Mod and AE for triggers.

Most of the information is out of date but it does show what you need to look at in upgrades and or current gear, the rotation order is still very valid.
    just organize your spells in groups of like I did I have Priority , Maintained, Fillers I put my buffs in before the ability I use them on. On this guide id suggest reading mainly about the dots reactive and what triggers them that's my priority.
    My Main Focus when the fight starts is build up charges (what spells build up your toxic aura the fastest), stack that with dots fill in-between with high dmg quick casting DD spells, that used to put me on top of every parse. Temp Pets are massive Great for getting a lot of dmg in while stacking everything else, TBH I think acid storm duration should be extended so warlocks can stack reactive abilities and dots while its running-but that's just my personal opinion. granted my playstyle is a little different than Mogrims I still used the main concepts he uses when I played my warlock.