Warlock vs. Priest- PvP advice

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Mörk, Sep 13, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Mörk Guest

Hi,
    I'm pretty comfortable with my warlock as a PvPer now. My gear is good, being a mix of raid set-pieces and WOE gear, with a single Dispersion proc item and my mythical. I have my 12% base shoulders, 4 set bonus and i'm not far from getting my raid 5 set + PvP 2 set. I can't think of a specific scout, mage or tank class that is a definite problem for me to kill- as always, it's about the player, the gear and the resists :)().
    The same can't be said about Priests. A well-geared- possibly not even as well geared- Priest class can usually outheal my DPS. The few occasions i've succeeded have involved Rift, followed by Apoc and PB while they're still recovering, but this doesn't always work... in fact, scratch that, it rarely works. Not to mention that the Fear proc most Priests have messes me up no end.
    So, does anyone have a reliable cast order, and any gear suggestions, to beat Priests?
  2. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

TBH I have the same problem.
    Mainly because of how I gear myself for solo pvp, I have lots of gear on in defence for mele classes, the result is that it makes me rather weak verse healers and some very well geard wizzys.
    Its usally a toss up, as to which priest im fighting and how well geared they are, and how many fear procs they have.
    I have a macro for pvp gear setup and raid gear setup, if I have a chance and can remember I will equip my raid gear setup for max dps when fighting a healer in order to help give me the extra burn for a nice spike. Usally tho If cant kill them during the duration of a fear pot and focus casting, Im prob not going too. So then Ill attempt to run, but not completly away, hoping they'll sprint and can run them OP, then stop and finish the job again with another round of focus casting. Last option is to just run.
    I hate running from a fight that I have engaged but when it comes to fighting healers, I just dont mind running from them If I know I cant spike them down after my strats dont work. I look at it like this, healers are build to heal full groups and Im built to take a beating from mele classes, just cant win them all. We are kind of a heavy Dot class, if a well gearded healer keeps all of our stuff cured and fears us every 5-10 sec then I head for the hills, thats the down side of me not being able to kill them is they cant catch me and kill me either, lol.
    I have seen some healers stand up to a full groups dps and not go down, I do not feel bad at all for not being able to spike one out on my own.
  3. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Also the time I was able to spike a decent healer down, involved a stun cloak followed by a rift or encase right after. For some reason the stun cloak does not trigger stun immunity so by following it up with either of those two you get alot of time to burn them down, in hopes of doing so before they can pop the emerg temp heals. The good thing about a stun cloak is it makes a specific noise when it procs so its pretty easy to tell when it does too time another stun right after for a nice spike.
  4. ARCHIVED-Azol Guest

Pumice Stone dispells some of their buffs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Azol@Nagafen wrote:
    sure after about the 4th or 5th resist..... which they can easly recast inbetween each of the fear procs you trigger trying to damage them. lolol
  6. ARCHIVED-Azol Guest

Heh, yeah, but no one told it's easy to kill a healer nowadays.
    My last fight vs a good geared Warden was like 6:30 min and I was completely OOP and almost OOH, but he was like 100% health and 50% power. Pumice resisted like 3-4 times then it landed and I managed to spike him down to about 5% then BAMM! RESISTED! RESISTED! and he healed back almost to the full.
    I did 0% crit damage and ~800 DPS and he healed ~78% crit. Major bleh.
    No idea what you can do about it. Maxing the Disruption skill does not help much with resists - in fact, I begin to think I see even more resists with max Disruption and M1 spells than with lower Disruption and Ad3 spells :). Honestly. The other side of diminishing returns curve?
  7. ARCHIVED-Pawtrix Guest

Healers have always been a pain for warlocks but you can beat them. Here is what I try and do.
    first you want to try and burn them because most arent all that good and this is often pretty doable.
    hit your myth clicky then empowered fetish then stack your dots and then hit focused casting and just unload with the occasional inturupt and rift and pray that dark aggravation procs. casting speed is crucial for this to work, mine is over 100%.
    for a healer that is worth his salt you will have to drain their power with dark siphoning and just make them heal alot and obviously keep your power up. But... tbh if i see a mystic hit his myth clicky and power back up. i'll just root him and go elsewhere.
    GL out there
    Impawster of Naggy
  8. ARCHIVED-XustinuS Guest

there is some healers that u can not kill btw if they have new pvp gear and required skills.
    But for tricky ones u have to make a good timing on dots,stuns,dispell and detaunt.
    At least u have to hit a detaunt to force em to use grp heals only.

Thats wht i do if i have temps and focused casting up... cycle dots quickly stun dispell stun detaunt and try to kill with plague,distortion or if its up dark aggravation
    btw if u see he has deathsave, or any immunities up start with dispell or just wander around till it is over. Dispell not working each time.
    Just didn't say about other detaunts because aim is to kill your opponent with shock dps as quickly as possible
    But im pretty sure with new complete pvp set and right heal proc jewelery no healer will die on 1vs1
  9. ARCHIVED-mrsmall Guest

Paill@Nagafen wrote:
    This ^^^ Only chance a (good) healer is going down is burst dps with stun / mez / knockback etc etc. HOWEVER. . . . .
    I have 4 x death saves, an AA end line which makes me immune to ALL damage for 10 secs, serenity which is 30 second immunity of stun & mezz and 2 x jewelry procs that also give immunity to stun / mezz and increase base heals for 12 seconds. So those are just the spells that stop my dying. I have Tort shell which gives AOE immunity and 4 sets of fear proc gear, oh and then............ I have my heals ;o)
    Mrsmall