Warlock - the worst AoE class in EQ2!

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Nynaeve, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Cisteros Active Member

I want my class to be more immersive. I need a swarm pet of 6 half naked Dark Elves with overflowing breasts to follow me around wherever I go. At least I can honestly claim that my immersive request is not about DPS then
  2. Azian Well-Known Member

I think most of us should dispute this so that the dev team will therefore implement it into the game by OP logic. Keeping that in mind, Cisteros I think that is the worst, most hooooorible, bad, terrible, awful idea EVER in the history of EQ2.

Brought to you by friends of the Cisteros overflowing breasts campaign. Hi, I'm Azian and I support this message. Lol, did I just say support and breast in this disclaimer?
    Avahlynn, Foretold and Cisteros like this.
  3. Mystere Member

What is painfully clear to everyone here is that OP's original lament was in fact related to DPS but she changed her tune when the roflstomping commenced and she realized warlocks are actually OP top spot DPS this expac. Then it was "I'm not bads at deeps, I'm not even talking about deeps. I really just want moar rainbows and such".
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that most terrible players would love to be able to stand in one spot, mash a bunch of buttons, and not even care about having to target or use any sort of logic or sense behind what buttons to push when. Yes, that sounds much more "immersive." To me, it sounds much more boring. Yawn, stand, mash the same buttons, don't bother targeting. I'll take my necro that I actually have to "work" for a decent AE parse (and I don't even expect to be near the top) than your idea of "immersive" gameplay.
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

As if they don't do that now...
  6. arturos Active Member

Okay at first i was laughing now im just sad.. You are asking to make the class more immersive (dunno if that is even a word but meh). So your solution, or better yet your "suggestion" for this is to actually take all thought and effort from the class at this point and just let you cast spells knowing ur gonna hit something. Instead of its current state which actually requires a modicum of concentration to select an encounter from the mass to apply the correct ability and move on.

hrm let me ruminate on this one for a minute.. OH i get it you want to immerse your face with your keyboard.. ahhh I can see what you are going for here. Not in game immersion but more face to plastic.

I have also gleaned from that last comment that your idea of fun is something that my cat could do if i let him walk on my keyboard. Hrm would that get me in trouble for afk macroing? would my cat qualify as a third party program?

the only way your idea would be remotely entertaining is if the aoes were to have some sort of targeting system in that you had to turn and move and actually do something other than press a button and pickup a bon bon to insert into your mug.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Make it really interesting and make PBAoEs hit allies too. After all, if you want a truly immersive experience, if you're raining destruction down all around you, it's hardly going to be discriminating who it hits, right?
    Treiko and Avahlynn like this.
  8. Konc3pt Active Member

I want this game to be more immersive, fix focused casting. Thanks.
    Errrorr and Aniathor like this.
  9. Nynaeve Active Member

first good suggestion really, that would be great. please implement something like friendly fire damage.
  10. Nynaeve Active Member

no, i didn't change my tune. AoE instead of green nonsense spells would not raise the dps where it matters, it would only allow to at least hit small unlinked trash mobs that die too fast anyway for most Warlock spells to even hit them before they die.
  11. Nynaeve Active Member

I want that too. and please for the love of god make some sexy clothes. why does every outfit have that ridiculous looking loincloth bands hanging in front and back?
    Treiko likes this.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

bad suggestion. although more realistic it would be, it would be highly impossible to avoid and no one would want a warlock than, so your answer would be to cut out the warlock class.

hmm, classes actually work on this game? I usually, follow someone, target a trash mob, send pet, hit a few buttons while looking over my facebook, changing the channel on tv, putting butter on my toast, replaying to text messages, tab target to the next enemy and do the same. idk what is actually happening on the screen
  13. Puub New Member

Nynaeve, I completely understand what you mean and it should be done. Don't listen to all the haters who diss what you're saying. They are kids who don't understand English, even after you explained it a million times. I know, it's a tough language...Ucala, Mae-, and Arturos to name a few. It's sad really. I think we should blame everyone who wanted Bush Jr. in office back then...so sad, so very sad.
  14. Mystere Member

"Nynaeve, I completely understand what you mean and it should be done. Don't listen to all the haters who diss what you're saying. They are kids who don't understand English, even after you explained it a million times. I know, it's a tough language...Ucala, Mae-, and Arturos to name a few. It's sad really. I think we should blame everyone who wanted Bush Jr. in office back then...so sad, so very sad. "

Right, please turn warlocks into wizlocks so you can have the benefits of both classes (multiple AOE's, and oh wait, they're all blue) in order to compensate for your badsness, when most other warlocks are topping parses left and right because the devs (shockingly) overcompensated once again. Oh wait, I forgot, it's NOT about DPS. Right. :rolleyes:
  15. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yeah! And make AoE heals heal the mobs too! And let coercers charm group mates as pets!
    Treiko likes this.
  16. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

First post ever and just happens to be supporting an op in a thread where the op has been disagreed with almost across the board.

Interesting.
  17. Darkfoz Active Member

This feels like a dear diary entry.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  18. Foretold Well-Known Member

Politics on a gaming board... lol. I just started playing my warlock again a few weeks ago. I'm grouping with her and doing decently well on the parse for how undergeared she is. I think once she gets into some decent gear, she will be just fine. I don't need anymore blue AOEs, thanks.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I would love to charm a t1 dps mate or posses their essence with everything they can do staying intact :p
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Not really the first post. Scroll back and read carefully.
    I though haven't seen Mogrim reply yet. Mogrim I would listen to not few others here.