Warlock Spells Not Enchanter Friendly?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Peabody3000, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Peabody3000 Guest

Seems alot of the Warlock spells will have have a side effect which hits all encounter members. I am wondering if this will be a problem with Mez.

Putrid Cloud Noctivigance 3.0s 0.5s 12.0s 0 Short stun effect to an enemy, as well as dealing instant poison damage to it and surrounding encounter members.

Damage to all encounter members = mez break. I can't seem to think of a time when we can use our AE's ever in EQ. They cause too much agro and they break mez anyway. I was hoping it would be different in EQ 2 with all the AE spells. But it just seems like a waste.

26Suffocating Cloud Noctivigance 0.0s 0.5s 0.0s 0 Deals instant poison damage to the target and surrounding encounter members.

Mez breaker.

Now... Some others that may or may not break mez...

20Negative Absolution Noctivigance 3.0s 0.5s 20.0s 0 Deals instant poison damage and dispels arcane spells on the enemy and surrounding encounter members.

Does it dispell mez?

34Null Absolution Noctivigance 3.0s 0.5s 20.0s 0 Deals instant poison damage and dispels beneficial arcane spells on the enemy and surroundnig encounter members.

Hopefully mez is not beneficial to the monster = )

48Nil Absolution Noctivigance 3.0s 0.5s 20.0s 0 Does instant poison damage to entire encounter and dispels beneficial arcane spells on them.

Same.

50Devastation Noctivigance 3.0s 0.5s 18.0s 0 Short stun effect to an enemy, as well as dealing instant poison damage to it and surrounding encounter members.

Lvl 50 AE but could we ever really use it?
  2. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

AOE spells to not hit mezzed mobs.. So if you have a few mobs mezz by all means AoE nuke away.. Hehe

Thank you SOE for this one..
  3. ARCHIVED-Peabody3000 Guest

I was hoping that was the case but it still seems to break it. Might ust be coincidence. I'll try some more.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Dispel Arcane just removes beneficial effects on mobs, so it's a good effect to have, although I haven't actually needed the spell Dispel Arcane yet...
  5. ARCHIVED-Raminicus Guest

Are you sure about this? Has it been verrified? I rely heavily on my AOE spells (so far only Neg Abs., Storm of Lightning and Conflagration at lvl 20), but have gotten in much trouble with many pick-up groups over my use of the spells. They all seem to believe that AOEs along with DOTs will break Mezzes.
    Thanks for any further info on the subject!
  6. ARCHIVED-Vertical Guest

Test it out have a enchanter go mez a group of orc pawns and leave 2 out of the mez, cast all of your aoe spells at the non mezed ones and watch the green balls or lightning miss the mezed ones.

Azio