Warlock solo vs Raid spec

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Bombs, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Bombs New Member

Hello Guys, i recently returned to EQ2 after 6 years out of the game i was heavily PVP focused on Nagafaen server and used to raid 4-5 times per week where i was regularly one of the top DPS. I've come back a bit overwhelmed trying to re-learn my class and get my head round some of the changes, i wonder if any experienced Warlocks would mind sharing their solo spec vs their raid spec please?

Currently on Skyfire server but based in Europe so considering a move back to a EU server as i only went over to Naggy originally for the high pvp population.

2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, you can certainly look, but the new expansion is changing AAs. I really don't switch specs from raid to solo, or I haven't needed to this last expansion.
    Bombs likes this.
  3. Bombs New Member

I'm so used to 2 specs from PVP days, manasheild etc for that purpose but then not for raid, really appreciate the link though will take a good look now since i cant get logged in!
  4. Bombs New Member

Update to this, would be very keen to hear from high end Warlocks who raid so i can take a look at AA specs, also is it possible to unlock all 3 new spells at the end of the prestige tree?

Since i've come back to game i've also gone with Elementalist Ascension but i think i have focussed too much on building this into my spell order as they just seem to have too long a cast time to bother with, anyone willing to divulge spell order in raid? I feel like i'm missing something, do mages use mele button or bows to turn on and off dps or is this always just an automatic thing, do i need to work them into spell order in any way?
  5. Revanu Well-Known Member

Don’t take thunderclap, don’t take flames of velious, never use dissolve, encase, dark nebula, curse of darkness, distortion.
    Bombs likes this.
  6. Bombs New Member

Thanks Revanu, would you mind if i take a look at your AA? what should i be doing with the prestige stuff is it possible to unlock 3 of the new spells on last line?
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

As a warlock you gain the most from wintersgrip, 5 in adc, 5 in spell fervor, 1 in ready up, 2 in grp fervor proc