Warlock Root Spells Question

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Dorjee, Nov 18, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Dorjee Guest

I was just wondering about our root spells. Is it better to use single root spells on a single target then to use an area one? For instance at level 33 and 47 we get the single root spells: Paralyzing Fear and Cower. And at level 40 and 54 we get the area root spells Bony Grasp and Skeletal Grasp. On the EverQuest 2 website it says for the area root spells that “The chances of this spell breaking is half that of normal root effects”. I am not quite sure I understand what they mean. So if I was level 40 and I came up to a single target would my level 33 single root spell: Paralyzing Fear be better to use then my level 40 area root spell: Bony Grasp. And would that be the same for the 47 and 54 spells? Any help appreciated…
  2. ARCHIVED-Thibor24 Guest

At lv 55 i still only use frozen manacles as my single target root. It lands well and the slow attached is very useful.

I personally see no difference between our group root breaking and our single target one breaking, its my opinion that skeletal and bony have the same break chance as any other root and because its very hard to prove this SOE is overlooking it.

In either case, use what you want or use both. If its a nasty melee mob and you dont want it getting near you use both of them if you have the power, this "should" double the chance of the root not breaking.

I personally dont double root and dont use group roots on single targets. When soloing i will rarely root at all. Solo mobs typically die in a few casts so use your vulian interference line and the flashfreeze line to keep the mobs busy till they die.