Warlock Rift 5 is better than 6

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Semperfifofum, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Warlock has always been one of the weaker DPS classes, it's nice that they are in fashion again, but there's no need to nerf us. It's hard enough when literally ALL of your attacks must be preceded by a buff so you do relevant ability damage.

Eventually rift 5 will become unusable because of the resistibility effect. So fix it now.

This isn't a matter of Adept VS Expert. The spell has lost its second attack entirely, in version 6. No amount of "fervor buff for spells 111 and above" can make up for that.
  2. Conmonnn Member

Saying warlocks have always been one of the weaker DPS classes is to an extent not the case. but at the same time warlocks are indeed a very specialized class. this being said it does indeed take more to keep a warlock relevant parse wise when its out of its specialty such as a single target fight. BUT this is the case for a few different classes.

Temp buffs are there to improve your abilities. saying that all of the warlocks abilities are useless without having some sort of temp casted before hand is hard to believe considering 3 (or 4 depending on new ability use) of a warlocks temps are damage procs, 2 of them are fervor (for a total of 23 if both casted) and lastly Freehand Sorcery which increases the amount of damage the next ability does. Freehand generally goes to the biggest ability being cast (Toxic Assault, Caustic detonation, Rift or Plaguebringer) this is not some kind of ability that makes every spell relevant.

When it comes to Rift 5 vs Rift 6, the tool tip is kind of deceiving. when you take out ALL variables (no temps, take gear off, resistability, ect) yes Rift 5 is superior on a training dummy due to a second hit. but factor everything into it and Rift 6 will be the top dog. 6 has a higher base (on the tool tip) which in the end means harder hits period. parsing it out there really is no difference between the 2 in something like a solo that takes into account all variables including all the hidden caps of the spells.

In regards to your other post i happened to stumble across yes the Dark Siphoning nerf sucks. the heal is very nice to have from time to time. but given the change learn to adapt, i still have Dark Siphoning 8 on my hotbar as well as Dark Siphoning 9. mix in the old one from time to time as needed for the heal. (Negative Void changes the power regen and heal effect too) that being said even if your killing a large encounter turn Negative Void on before you cast dark siphoning for the heal and the little power regen left as it will inprove what you get.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the Examine window, for Rift V versus Rift VI? The second damage applied is gone. Rift is supposed to knock down, hit twice, then stun.. The only way to have Rift be worth using (because, long casting time, long recast) is to use one side of the prestige tree so its casting time is reduced after a certain number of increments. The attack on both sides of the prestige trees are unimpressive compared to being able to use rift as frequently as possible. Unda was the darling of mages during KA, when I switched to playing Warlock main, but I think Rift is now the best. Anyway they swap back and forth depending on changes.

My point was, neither the change to Rift, nor the change to Dark Siphoning were mentioned in the BoL release notes. While other classes got extensive notes, we got two ninja changes (maybe more I haven't noticed yet?) and only three notes.
  4. The-Plethora Active Member

[IMG]

Hmmm, that was a waste of the collectors edition ancient scroll then!
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Thanks, The-Plethora, I have a terrible time trying to get images to show up on forums. It's not a total waste, because of the resistibility thing but it's very odd to have such a large change and no BoL expac notes about it.

More general comments:

In the CD notes:

Ref, https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...13-2018-chaos-descending.587366/#post-6528608

I played heroic and event heroic groups in Plane of Magic / PoP. I don't recall being overpowered, though I was having a good time. I wandered off before CD came out and returned after CD. But not because of this note, I hadn't read it. I'm including it here to show that it's probably unnecessary to nerf Rift. It's about my only really good spell at the moment.

I compared before/after of many spells, and tested a few of them in the 100-110 range. Some spells, just one tier behind are doing -1 damage, no matter what the face value of the tooltip is. I mean literally 1 point of damage, total. Most of the spells "fail to damage" the mobs, either more than half of the time, or 100% of the time.

If there was a problem with those spells, I think they should tell us and explain, because people who don't powerlevel are going to wonder why. I tried to find any threads that discuss Warlock damage in the time range of CD, but I couldn't find any "Warlock is OP" thread. If anyone has a link to such a thread, please share. I don't care about the flames, I want to understand the facts.

Here's the notes on Warlock from PoP:

Ref, https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-2017-planes-of-prophecy.582350/#post-6480085

Vacillate much? Wow.

Venomous Runes from GoB IX now applies 1 point of damage exactly in Blinding and AC zones. I haven't tested in every zone, obviously.
  6. SacDaddy420 Active Member

What does mogrim think?
  7. Nariel New Member

Dark Siphon IX is also missing the healing component it's previous versions had.
  8. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

I can 100% Confirm what Sepmerfiforum is saying Worlock copared to the Wizzard is the coprehansion form Micro Car to Shelby V8 Mustang especialy in BoL.

Rift has lost his 2nd Damage trigger / Dark Siphoning has lost its Heal Component / And Apoclypse does less Damage than before.
    The comprehansion form Heroic to Raid DPS of Locks is gigantic in Heroics i can do a mass more DPS with the same Setup as in Raid only because of the Resitables of higer Encounters evan your on the Needed Resolve Pot and Fervor to be able to do Damage on them, the lack of DPS from heroic to raid is a huge sh...it.

2nd BIG thing wich srewes lock is the matter fact that we loose Sepll Double Cast it realy matters if a initial hit of a DOT which is quiete the hardest / heavyest hits twice or not having in mind that nearly all Spells of a Lock are DOTs.
    The Ablity DC is not working the same way as Spell DC does so we got a lack of Damage no 1
    3rd is the Range to the encounter and if its a solo or multi Encounter since ToT Expa all Mobs are single Mob in Raid so next matter fact of less DPS.
    4 If you are the lucky one and stacks are up to use the 2 Nukes instand the stacks are away after 1,30min especilay in raid until the Boss is pulled you start at 0 and your enc DPS after inc is away.

In my opinion Ability DC if it was planed to be placed in game for Spell DC which was taken away should only work for Spells especilay on Mages every Melee Class should be taken out of the Table of use or proffit from Ability DC.
    For the Melees we have all the Melee Stats in Bol Like Flurry which should be the damage Source for Scouts and all Tanks exept Crusaders so why Scouts should have any Benefit from Ability DC if thier is Flurry.
    And the matter fact DPS which can be reforged up into sky because of no CAP ????

Spell DC for Mages / Crusaders / Bards ONLY
    Flurry for Scout DDs and Melee tanks Only

In Case of Healers thier should be a extra benificial Table because thier are Heal Classes more Melee and or more Spell based.
    For Example A Inqusitor is a Melee Healer and a Fury or Warden more Spell Healer if take a look what does DPS on these 3 Classes.

The last Class Balancing was a Joke they Increased Wizzy which is totaly OP more up in the Sky and Looks got a Biscuit as Wizzys are eating Cake LOL.
    Some Genius Guy can now say , hey why dont betray ? but hey is it the game to be forced to betray and totaly rewind a toon because of mistakes done by the developer i guees not.

Helfiren
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Calling for nerfs is turrible... This thread has become turrible... Just sayin. Y'all should talk about unicorns and ****.
  10. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Dear DB when Warlock Get Fixed back in Action ??

Rift is broken by losing its 2nd Damage Trigger // Dark Siphoning was losing its heal Component which was added after a felt century until like half addon was over.

The new 120 does good Damage on Ancient but its not coprehandable in any way of the totaly overpowerd abllity the necros got.
    And why Vacumfield is changed into combat miti debuff instat of higher the NOX Debuff + Combatmiti Debuff that have been a long range ball and not to replace a useful componet only for the lock to a group raid debuff.
    Or a Spell who converts the Damage Type Debuff into the used ASC Class Damage for Example.
    Maybe a bit egoistic but i like to debuff my own damage type, btw. it seems Disease Damage isnt wanted anymore in game most Raid mobs ignore or take less more Nox Damage than all kinds of other damge this issue should be corrected.

Same on the Dot Speed of Locks if a necro hits a mob by 1000 Hits in the same duration as a lock does but the lock only hits
    16 /16 by nearly same Damage Numbers on spells the DPS of a necro is not captureable anyway.
    The dot trigger rate is high in the sky and locks is underearthly WHY ??

Helfiren
  11. Twisty Well-Known Member

Warlocks might be underpowered, but you don't understand much about necro's 120 spell. it's just as trash as yours