Warlock question on spells that cannibalize

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Zozoz, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Zozoz New Member

Can someone tell me which warlock spells other than Void Contract eat the caster's health? I have read all the tooltips on all my spells yet when I conduct a test with a training monkey, I'm dying and I can't tell what spell it is that's causing me to lose health. Any help is appreciated.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Checking on an Immortal Heroic Training Dummy, Bulwark of Mana did give me a health hit, but it doesn't show up in ACT at all. ACT recorded no health hits from Mana Trickle of Void Contract, nor did I see any in my health bar.
    • Bulwark of Mana consumes 30% of the sorceror's power and 10% of their health to protect the group from magical damage (AA).
    • Mana Trickle says "Replenishes power over time for a short duration to target ally, at the cost of slowly draining the warlock's health." but when you look at the Effects in the Examine window, there is no indication of any damage to the warlock.
    • Void Contract says "Converts some of the warlock's health into power" but when you look at the Effects in the Examine window, there is no indication of any damage to the warlock.
  3. Zozoz New Member

I'm playing on Kaladim, so I don't even have Bulwark of Mana yet. I set up a training monkey, turned on ACT and ran the following sequence:
    1. Focused casting
    2. Netherlord 3
    3. Gift of Bertoxx 4
    4. Catalyst
    5. Freehand Sorcery
    6. Arcane Bewilderment
    7. Netherealm 2
    8. Plaguebringer
    9. Dark Infestation 2
    10. Flames of Velious 3
    11. Encase 5
    12. Aura of Void 4
    13. Thunderclap
    14. Distortion 5
    15. Dark Pyre 6
    16. Acid 7
    17. Dissolve 8
    And I'm dead in under 2 minutes..this is driving me nutz !!!! lol Any other ideas how I can isolate what's happening? Thanks.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I would look carefully at your equipment. There is some equipment that inflicts big damage on the wearer, such as the level 70 Bloodthirsty Choker.
  5. Zozoz New Member

Appreciate the assistance... just checked all my slots...nothing but spell potency modifiers....could I be bugged? ACT isn't showing any incoming damage either.
  6. The Fonz Active Member

Wearing the event belt?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

He says he's on TLE and not wearing the Bloodthirsty Choker, either.
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

Are you using sanguine sacrifice by chance?
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ooh, good question! Most warlocks take Ethereal Chains for the deaggro, also it's very long range, but yup, Sanguine Sacrifice could be a problem.
  10. Zozoz New Member

On Kaladim, we don't have Ascensions yet, is that was the Sanguine line is?
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, it's AA in the Heroic Tree, bottom right corner.
  12. Zozoz New Member

Ah..no we don't have the Heroic tree yet on Kaladim...we are only up to the TSO expansion.
  13. Twisty Well-Known Member

what does ACT say about your incoming damage
  14. Pykachew New Member

Catalyst sacrifices 20% of your health. Although I'm not sure how that would kill you in 2 minutes since the recast is 1 minute.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oddly, even Bulwark of Mana doesn't show on incoming damage in ACT, and Void Contract and Mana Trickle likewise show no incoming damage. Near as I can tell, Bulwark of Mana was the only spell I tested that was doing actual damage to my warlock, but I couldn't find it in the parse at all.

I'd be interested in seeing the OP's ACT parse details as well.
  16. Zozoz New Member

What's the best way to upload an ACT run?
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

usually people get the screen open they want to share and take a screenshot, upload that to an image hosting site of some kind, then post the picture URL here using the little "tree" icon button.