Warlock - Pot or CB?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by blaero, May 15, 2013.

1. blaero New Member

I've noticed a few of the higher end warlocks adorning for crit bonus over potency. I know the prestige conversion for left side is cb to potency, but I'm just wondering if there is a low end potency threshold to hit before you change over to cb.

Right now I'm at 362 potency and I think 305 cb. Going full cb adorns would put me at around 340 cb and 330ish potency. Feels like that's a lot of potency to lose. Obviously sanguine and EV (which I generally get in raid) help even things out, but I'm just curious about others that have tried it out before I decide to.
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/433793655660

I feel strongly that the way I have my adornments set up is the correct way. Some adornments you want the Potency AND Crit Bonus adornments because the overall number is a bit higher (aka 2.5 potency is not as good as 1.5 potency AND 1.5 crit bonus)

But 1 to 1, Potency > Crit Bonus, even with conversion, solely because more potency means more mod being able to squeeze into your abilities before it caps... seeing that with a few upgrades I could be up to 11K mod pretty soon... yeah.