Warlock need some advices (spells priority, ascension class, etc.). Please help.

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vilius, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Vilius New Member

Hello all community!
    First I’m sorry for my english grammar mistakes.

Need a little bit help. I’m playing EQ2 for 9-10 years. Always played solo style, maybe just for 2 years, after DoV expansion, I played in groups or sometimes in pick up raids. This year I started to play warlock. Tried to find some info about warlock gameplay, but as usual the forums are very poor (after eq2flames died). Maybe there are some combinations and priority in spell casting to hit more effective? What are the main (basic) spells for warlock? I tried to figure it out, but don’t know or playing right.

What is the main priorities now? I’m thinking to do epic 2.0 (now just grinding faction for pre-quests), then I need to start ascension class. What is the best ascension class for warlock? How can I prepare for group game and what I need to do more? Maybe someone can help me with advices or some info links or somehow? J

I’m playing in Thurgadin server, char name – Nerthus. (While I just doing faction for pre-quests for Epic 2.0, I haven’t allaccess membership, but in future I will use some Krono. For that reason I can’t wear some items that I used, so now I’m playing without them, you can see in Eq2 wire) J
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/3010789604267
    Thanks for help, friends.
  2. Dilon Active Member

Hi,

The most important profession spells in my opinion are Apocalypse, Rift, and Cataclysm. The second tier spells are Netherrealm, Absolution, and Acid Storm.

You certainly want to do your Epic 2.0 both for the item itself, the Rune of the Celestial, and the two abilities.

As for ascension, I think that thaumaturge makes a lot of sense for a warlock but etherealist or elementalist will be just fine too.

I took a look at your EQ2U link and I'm flummoxed by why you are missing so much gear. Maybe you were just experimenting with some stuff before you logged out? You have 4 spots totally empty plus you are missing your food. Your health and potency are way too low for being level 110. The gear that you have on seems appropriate for a F2P solo player, except the ring and wrist seem like obvious upgrades.

As for AAs:

- Why do you have 0 points committed to your AA prestige (warlock) line? Put 8 in enhanced vigor and 8 in undeniable power. Then put 2 in imbued sight, 2 in power of the soul (second line ability below undeniable power) and take both end line abilities, Unda Arcanus Spiritus and Skull Focii.

- In Prestige line, you have 2 unspent points. Put one in plaguelord. I also recommend that you spec out of left side completely because you need the extra direct damage ability provided by the right side "stacking" skills. Put 3 in toxic assault, 3 in deadly toxins, 3 in diseased mind, and 1 in caustic detonation.

- For other AA lines why only 320 AA spent? you have 350 total. Is this a restriction of free to play? If so then I understand but if not then spend the points. I don't necessarily want to give an allocation of all 350 points but I recommend you focus more on the dragon and heroic lines. Blast of devastation is not really an important ability for warlocks so I recommend that you move out of that as well.

This is a start, I am on Thurgadin as well so sent me a tell if you see me on, name is Glasscannon.
    Vilius likes this.
  3. Yiras New Member

Hello,
    As warlock you cast Cataclysm and Apocalypse as high priority spell, rift do very good damage as well, but long Cooldown.
    Put grasp of bertoxxulous on 5 group member.
    As ascension, elementalist and thaumaturgist are both good, i would prefer elementalist for 30 extra fervor, but have too many spell ancient on thauma to swap it.
    As priority on what to do, at this point of xpack, i wouldnt even bother on epic, since most likely will be replaced from better weapons soon, i suggest to focus on get as many ethereal coin you can from summer event, and try to get orange runes, that most likely will be good on next xpack.

edit Dilon has given a way more complete answer than me i see, we posted at same time.
    can check my profile on u.eq2wire as well it's open
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/3010776615729

if need more info just contact me in game via tell, if im not raiding im glad to help, during raid will most likely miss the tell.
    Vilius likes this.
  4. Vilius New Member

5. Vilius New Member

Thank you for answer and help.

Why we need more "fervor"? Because of dmg? And what does it mean "resolve'?
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

resolve is some kind of item level.

if you have a lower resolve than the mob, you'll deal less damage and take more damage (once u reach the required resolve, more of it won't make u do more damage, it's only a "negative" stat)

fervor is another dps boost stat .. that comes after every other boosts