Warlock Invis vs Stealth ?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-celestina936, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

I am a 31 level warlock. I recently received an ability called Defensive Coloration. It lasts 1 minute, takes 10% of power every 3 sec and used 236 pwr. It is stealth and speed enhancements are suspended. It is only for self.

At level 15, I received Summon Shadows, a perm. spell that lasts 10 minutes but can be toggled off. It uses 60 pwr and is an invis for a friend, or raid friend and you can use it on yourself easily enough. And speed enhancements are suspended.

Can anyone please tell me the difference between the spell & the ability other than noted above? And when would a warlock use them both? Aren't stealth and invis the same thing?

IMHO, this is a redundancy and I can't figure out why SoE would give Warlocks two invis (basically) spells/abilities? It just doesn't make any sense at all. I do luv the invis, but two of them????

Thanks for helping me make sense of this!

Slizz of Freeport
    warlock in training lvl 31
    provisioner in training lvl 70
  2. ARCHIVED-Chantim Guest

Defensive Coloration is an Iksar only racial ability to Stealth yourself only. Every Iksar gets this regardless of Class. If you were a class that had no ability to Invis yourself then this would come in handy for going afk or waiting for mobs to spawn as you cannot move will this is active. Summon Shadows is the Warlock class invis and you can move around while it is active. This can also be cast on others like you stated.
  3. ARCHIVED-XeroXs84 Guest

Can still be handy for the warlock, as you can now invis a friend with summon shadows and then invis yourself with racial ability.. bingo you and your friend are invisible now :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Formerly Bbert Guest

Stealth & Invisibility are similar but not the same thing.

i.e in Deathtoll there are invisible eyes & stealthed eyes. You cannot see the stealthed ones with see invis and you cannot see the invisible ones with see stealth.

I don't know however if there are any mobs that can see through one and not the other (though I do seem to recall following a stealthed scout while I was invised and getting attacked by mobs that didnt see him 1st)