Warlock EoF fabled armor set

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Gnomie, Nov 29, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

As much as I agree that the warlock set bonuses suck, dont go thinking us wizards are getting it that much better.
    Our first bonus is a measly 60 damage added on to our PBAoE, which is ok, but hardly great. Oue second bonus is actually quite nice, some extra power, and 8% crit. Nice, but hardly worth giving up 5 effects from other items that I would have to replace. The last bonus for wizards is just as bad as what you guys get though, as good as +50 to all spells sounds, remember that it is even less than the Cloak of the Burning Prince, and so is basically useless due to that whole normalisation crap. Also, so far, the warlock set seems to have higher base stats, resists and raw power/HP, but until both sets have been discovered, that is not something that can really be judged.
  2. ARCHIVED-TheStateFish Guest

Remember that our higher int on the armor is compensating for your int buff.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mastire Guest

Our 1st Bonus on a spell most warlocks rarly use due to the stupid Nil crystals. So both are probably fine.
    Our 2nd Bonus 25 secs off rift. That is nice, exect rift is very situational, most times it is up on my hotbar, so takign 25 srcs off is totaly [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. You as well get a 100 mana increase. Big adantage wizzard
    Our 3rd bonus is the worst one. 7% reduction in resistability. 99% of my spells don't get resisted. we have a spell that helps with that. This is totaly useless. 50 Damage to all spells is like 2 arornments. Its nohting great but its 1000x better then that.
    So wizards effects are 1000x better then warlocks
  4. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

I can't believe you even attempted to downplay the +8% chance to crit. I understand your argument that you don't feel it's worth giving up the bonuses from items you would have to replace to get this bonus, but that has nothing to do with the comparison between wizard and warlock set armor. If you don't think +100power and +8% chance to crit is worth giving up your current bonuses, think how warlocks feel about giving up the same bonuses for something as nerfalicious as -25 sec to rift recast (yes, I made that word all on my own :smileywink: ). Anyway, I agree that the last ability should be fixed for both of us due to the normalization of the +spell damage. It is a joke for both classes. It's still better than the improvement to resistability that warlocks already have a spell to help with, however.
  5. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Yeah, I am not saying that the wizard set is total crap, I agree it is better than the warlock set. I was mearly pointing out to the person that commented that wizards get all the love (the person i quoted in that post in fact) that the wizard set is not all that great. 8% srit is nice, I agree, buy as i said, its not nearly worth what I would be gicing up for it (in fact, its not worth giving up just the nest robe for, let alone the other slots). 100 power is nothing.
    Reducing resists that you guys get is total crap, but all caster sets really need work, not just warlocks.
    So where is our +33 to all casting skills that you guys get? And dont forget, that buff is a group wide buff that all mages except for warlocks and conjurors get, so if you have another mage in your group, which is more than likely, you will have that buff (remember this is raid loot, therefore only applies to raid settings). The + casting skills buff is warlock only, and i do not often have a warlock in my group on raids.
  6. ARCHIVED-TheStateFish Guest

The + casting skill buff is a group buff also. And I don't always have another mage in the group with the +int buff. Especially now with my 15% hate buff.
  7. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I am aware that the warlock + skills buff is for the whole group (otherwise you guys getting + aggression put in to it would be pointless), what I was pointing out was the fact that in most raid setups, a warlock will have a mage with the same group int buff that wizards get, and another mage will be much less likely to have a warlock for the + skills buff.
    Oh, and if I knew you had Vacuous, I would make sure you were in a group with every wizard on my raid, as an increase to all sorcerer detaunts and the troub buff will increase raidwide DPS by a lot more than putting you in a melee heavy group (I assume it affects them all, sounds like it should).
  8. ARCHIVED-TheStateFish Guest

It does affect any skill that has a # value of hate increase or decrease. When we're short a coercer or dirge for hate transfer, or say the swash/assassin is slacking, my static 15% to taunts is better than nothing, and it's better to have it on the MT than on just a few dps. The whole raid then benefits.
    In those situations it's nice to be able to boost my int solo, and the gear as it stands does that. But the effects are weak. I'd not likely wear it over what I currently use in most armor slots currently.
  9. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

OK, either that skill has changed from when I last read about it, or I just missread what it did. As it sounds, it would be good to have in the MT group if you are short on a hate gain class. That said, in order for it to really be worth it, you would need to only have one other hate increasing class in the raid, as the Dirge, Coercer, Assassin and Swashbuckler hate increases are all better than 15% to taunts. In that situation I can see why you would want to max your int, but I would assume that a situation that sees you in the MT group like that should be rather rare (although your + to aggression may or may not prove to be useful for tanks having taunts land, if it turns out to be useful, warlocks may find themselves in the MT group a little more often).

As for the effects, yeah, when you look at what you get from the whole set, in terms of total stats, power, HP, resists and effects, so far KoS gear is much better overall than any mage armor set (except for the PvP set, which IMO blows everything else in the game away... GG SoE).
  10. ARCHIVED-Gnomie Guest

Vacuous only affects temporary skills. Not Troubador deaggro, not coercer Harmonious link, not illusionist synergism. Only taunts, detaunts by 15%. Kinda sucks and not sure if i would pick it over other choices that are far more useful.

giot
  11. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Of course you wouldn't. But if you don't have those available, it's nothing to scoff at. Not to mention that just because it doesn't affect those skills doesn't mean it doesn't help to have in addition to them.
  12. ARCHIVED-Roobarb Guest

Got the shoulder last night copy/paste into chat. \aITEM 681723656 456002233:Cowl of Dark Arts\/a
  13. ARCHIVED-TheStateFish Guest

Aye, useful to a raid if for some reason all the prime choices for MT accessories are not available, and good for the caster group as it makes our self deaggros more effective. After reading the mild dps enhancement from aftershock, I'm probably going to respec to the removals line as it will assist raids more overall.
  14. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

That was my thought as well. I figured hastenings as well since we do enough encounter damage as is and we could use the single target boost without gaining any further aggro problems from increased encounter damage. But we should get back to the original topic, since we managed to drift onto a tangent. :smileywink:
  15. ARCHIVED-RowenaRedarm Guest

DEVS: PLEASE BALANCE OUR CLASS TO WIZZIES AND STOP GIVING THEM EVERYTHING FROM GOD TO GEAR--WARLOCKS ARE TIRED OF BEING EITHER AN AFTERTHOUGHT OR SIMPLY IGNORED.
    Arrowfey, Lvl 70 Warlock, Butcherblock
  16. ARCHIVED-Inebriation Guest

Dude, I pwn wizards' dps. If they made our gear any better it would just be humiliating and unfair, but whatever.
    Message Edited by Inebriation on 12-20-2006 11:49 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Ruut Li Guest

Post ur wizards parse pls :smileyhappy:
  18. ARCHIVED-TheStateFish Guest

I out parse all the wizards I meet also on average. But I'd call it situational as there are more groups of trash than named in a raid zone.
  19. ARCHIVED-Melseb Guest

I outparsed the wizard in my guild for the first time on a single mob. Also was my highest single target parse ever 2006 dps!!

However, i used Focused Casting and he did not use manaburn but it still felt good. I definately got some props from the guild =)

Daenarys
    70 Warlock
    Mob Squad
    Kithicor