Warlock: Dark Aggravation~BROKEN!!!

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Erszebeth, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Erszebeth Active Member

As per the name of the thread Dark Aggravation is broken, it has NO AoE damage, been testing it on multiple mobs with as close as 1 meter of each other and it only hits 1 mob, period, 0 aoe damage, when it clearly reads as doing AoE damage. I see the graphic purple mist go up on mobs within a short range, even on test dummies placed in a cluster, but the spell ONLY hits the current target, and none around it.
  2. Azomonas Active Member

My Dark Overflow (the AoE component to Dark Aggravation) was working this morning on players in BG as well as mobs elsewhere...
  3. Erszebeth Active Member

I'm running around on mine, and mobs aren't getting touched by any component of my Dark Aggravation, or the Dark Overflow component, no matter how close together they are, this is on the dock in Obol Plains where I'm observing it and first noticed it, even checked to make sure my Negative Void wasn't on even tho its not supposed to be affected by it.
  4. Azomonas Active Member

And since you're on in obol or on dummies you're not killing the mobs with DA right? If you one-shot something with it, you don't get the added hits. Same weird bug with some prestige (troub right line) not resetting if you kill the target with your spell.
  5. Azomonas Active Member

[IMG]

Still seems to work for me...not sure why it isn't working for you
  6. Erszebeth Active Member

I'm definitely not one shotting the mobs....I do on occassion kill them with the initial blast of DA, but not always, and I just don't see any damage going out from DO on other mobs around em, its perplexing and aggravating.
  7. Magic Missiles Active Member

Two weeks later and it is still broken.
    DA only damages the mob targetted and nothing else near it.

Please Fix
  8. Chronus Active Member

The only thing broken is not getting the single target part to spell double, the aoe works fine for me, it's just quite short range.
  9. Cynergy Active Member

I didn't test it but something seems broken about,
    Azomonas likes this.
  10. Erszebeth Active Member

Just seems to me, and from what I've looked through logs on, is that the AoE damage on it is incredibly hit and miss, sometimes it hits AoE, others it doesn't.
  11. Magic Missiles Active Member

No, the thing that is broken is that it only hits one mob.
    It is totally broken and has been for weeks now.

12. Cynergy Active Member

Anyone know what the spell radius is supposed to be? cause I was in soh today mass pulled like 8 mobs and dark aggravation and dark overflow were only hitting my target mob.
  13. Magic Missiles Active Member

I don't know the radius exactly, but it used to work and then it just stopped working.
  14. Lempo Well-Known Member

Potential cause maybe when they 'fixed' it so it procced on the caster instead of a single target.
    I don't understand why it would have stopped working because of this but if it works by standing close to the targets then the cause may be that the proc of dark overflow is from the radius of the 'target' infected by dark incubations. Gonna try and test that theory.

Works just fine. standing in the middle of a group of training dummies and standing at max distance.
    Don't know what you are doing OP

Works just fine. Both standing smack in the middle of a group of training dummies as well as max distance. Whatever you are doing, you must be doing it wrong.
  15. Magic Missiles Active Member

Glad to hear it works on training dummies because it sure doesn't work on mobs.
    Try a zone with your warlock and see for yourself.
  16. Lempo Well-Known Member

OK. Done. Dark Overflow is clearly working. Others have also said that it is. You have no evidence other than a baseless rant, now here are some logs.
    Figure out what you are doing wrong, because it is working. It also worked for the other Lock in our raid. Post some evidece that it doesn't work instead of telling people that know it is working that it doesn't.
    You didn't like the training dummies? Where were you trying to use it? Wailing Caves?

Plane of War - [13] 11:03:41 PM | Glokus Windhelm - [12:25] 11:34:53 PM | Lempo | Outgoing Damage | Dark Overflow

TimeAttackerAttackTypeDamageTypeVictimDamageCriticalSpecial
    11:41:55 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Trikuus Blowfeather 390978 True None
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Marshall Steeltalon 515522 True multi
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Overflow non-melee Trikuus Blowfeather No Damage True multi
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Marshall Steeltalon 438110 True None
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Overflow non-melee Trikuus Blowfeather No Damage True None
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Marshall Steeltalon 560904 True multi
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Overflow non-melee Trikuus Blowfeather No Damage True multi
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Marshall Steeltalon 420924 True None
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Overflow non-melee Trikuus Blowfeather No Damage True None
    11:40:44 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Marshall Steeltalon 387839 True multi
    11:40:44 PM Lempo Dark Overflow non-melee Trikuus Blowfeather No Damage True multi
    11:40:44 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Marshall Steeltalon 467337 True None
    11:40:44 PM Lempo Dark Overflow non-melee Trikuus Blowfeather No Damage True None
    11:40:33 PM Lempo Dark Overflow non-melee Marshall Steeltalon No Damage True None
    11:40:33 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Trikuus Blowfeather 476372 True None
    11:36:09 PM Lempo Dark Overflow non-melee Marshall Steeltalon No Damage True None
    11:36:09 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Trikuus Blowfeather 419760 True None

Plane of War - [13] 11:03:41 PM | Commander Goreslaughter - [01:27] 11:56:16 PM | Lempo | Outgoing Damage | Dark Overflow

11:57:24 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Commander Goreslaughter 540128 True multi
    11:57:24 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Commander Goreslaughter 465435 True None
    11:56:57 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease elite diaku war rider 475089 True multi
    11:56:57 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease elite diaku war rider 599352 True multi
    11:56:57 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease elite diaku war rider 545826 True multi
    11:56:57 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease elite diaku war rider 575366 True None
    11:56:57 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease elite diaku war rider 471789 True None
    11:56:57 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease elite diaku war rider 474758 True None
    11:56:32 PM Lempo Dark Overflow disease Commander Goreslaughter 500837 True None

Plane of War - [13] 11:03:41 PM | General Teku - [04:43] 12:05:42 AM | Lempo | Outgoing Damage | Dark Overflow

12:07:06 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease General Teku 379503 True multi
    12:07:06 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease General Teku 466637 True None
    12:06:26 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 662361 True None
    12:06:26 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 674559 True None
    12:06:26 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 651960 True None
    12:05:58 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 478207 True None
    12:05:58 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 452166 True None
    12:05:58 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 510096 True None
    12:05:58 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 384281 True None
    12:05:58 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 431066 True None
    12:05:47 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 272670 True None
    12:05:47 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 268584 True None
    12:05:47 AM Lempo Dark Overflow disease an elemental soldier 255259 True None
  17. Chronus Active Member

However while we have a thread on it, does anybody else have trouble getting the single target compenent (aggravation) to double with focussed casting up? I do get some multis in raids but will need me some further testing to see when it does.
  18. Lempo Well-Known Member

Chronus I can't tell for sure. From my ACT it appears that focused casting was up because there was like 15 seconds of multi in there. This also corresponds to the Glokus section I linked for Dark Overflow, unless I was really running good with the RNG this almost had to be a FC hit, but I did overlap TW a 2 or 3 times :( it could have been that, I guess it could also have been a 'natural' I'm not sure how the checks run down.
    I'll keep an eye on it.
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Aggravation disease Marshall Steeltalon 485891 True multi
    11:41:17 PM Lempo Dark Aggravation disease Marshall Steeltalon 508743 True None
  19. Chronus Active Member

Yeh I can't get it to multi on an FC on a dummy and don't know exactly when TW or FC was up for any previous raids without trawling through logs rather than just ACT which I'm not in the mood for. I'm wondering if I can get it to double under a timewarp and that's where my doubles are from, just a suspicion at this point though.
  20. Magic Missiles Active Member

Seems to be working now- before it was only hitting the one mob targeted half of the time.
    That is the part the OP and I were talking about- the FC is another problem entirely.
    The tooltip says dark overflow Inflicts disease damage on targets in Area of Effect"