Warlock cast order help

Discussion in 'Mages' started by hammyuk, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Give me a heads-up if you get this figured out. I gave up asking for tips, the usual response...well let's say it was like asking to borrow a pencil, and being told where to get graphite, then receiving a dissertation on the processes and materials used to manufacture a pencil...
    Xulos and Semperfifofum like this.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

why most warlocks became alts ?

They don't perform better than invoquers while being harder to play. Some HC players still play warlocks. Means they are not garbage.

their epics spells are not as good as some others. So they fell behind.

when u play T1 dps, in a way all classes can be interchangeable, the goal of a dps in primary to top the parse. not the utility behind. so if u love warlock you'll stick to it .. but if u love other dps classes and can swap (and easier to use/ perform better) .. u will. And people just did
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Warlocks became alts when they got nerfed and critical spells became dysfunctional. Somewhat similar to assassins, bruisers and a few other classes. Broken class mechanics moves toons to the shelf or betrayed every time.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

bruisers ? can u be more specific ? I'm interested ... I may not know the whole story
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Only included them as I have one and they were also impacted by the great autoattack nerf a while back (along with guardians, etc.)
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

oh ok that way :)

so nothing I should have known :p .. thanks
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

You wish you were faceroller.
  8. Failsauce New Member

Etherealist is the OP ascension class IMO, I have gotten some pretty sick numbers when my Celestial gate hit at the same time adds spawned
    New pay2win formula
    GM Conjuror+CelestialGate+Addspawns+grandmastered ascensions w/ aoe reset=win the internet.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

While amusing, and true. What I really wish is that I could play my loveable and complex Warlock with a little less E-mc^2. I would never ask to play above an Expert level because I did that and I'm not a raider, that much I know. It's rough on Warlocks though, when they can't make the grade in raids, thus no raiders bother to figure them out, and they can't whisper in my ears saying "do this and win." My main issue with it right now is that I'd have to go figure out all the hidden buffs (a tax on Warlocks that not all classes need to win). It's more like a research project.

So I started by asking, Ok, what's a good cast order? Sure I have a few in my mind, and sure I can do 200k in an Expert. But I have a feeling that I can do better, even with my gear the way it is. And I'm afraid it's going to take an academic research project to do it. If so, just say so and I'll do it. But if I'm missing something obvious, I'd like to know.

For example, if it's all gear and no buffs will really help much, then I can relax and play at a below-raid gear level.

Acknowledged... I'm probably more nervous about it because I PUG a lot. People get wierd when they don't trust each other. I saw this guy just last month go totally mental because he wasted his Rising Tide. The rest of us are going "pray he stays for the next zone bc we're almost done." When personalities fray, I feel more insecurity, just like everyone else.

I seem to only like slightly difficult classes. I could go back to Swashy, since it's having a heyday, but that's another Epic2 and I'm happy I survived one. I would have a sense of bereavement if I betrayed my SK, although it would be a better tank that way (in theory). My coercer, though poorly geared is welcome anywhere and nobody cares if she does damage as long as they never run out of power and the tank gets buffed. For the moment, I committed to the Warlock and I'll see it through somehow.
  10. Xellium Active Member

Make a spreadsheet.
    Total average damage divide by total cast time.
    Sort largest to smallest.
    Thats roughly what your cast order should be.
    Easy peasy.

Rising tide will be nerfed in a few weeks (thank god) so you wont have to worry about it.
  11. Alexstrasza Active Member

This made me laugh
  12. Bombs New Member

Would be great to see an update on this thread )

I'm a returning player and would be keen to see what order other locks are going with in raid and if they they incorporate any elementalist spells into this? Finding them all so slow as far as casting!