Warfields (PVP Server Only)

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Olihin, May 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

I just wish more people were around to us them. My only experience was to stand back from the tower, poke damage that the guards (and die - those things are hard) and then collect tokens.

Do the towers all have to be defended at once?
  2. ARCHIVED-juvondy Guest

will exiles be subject to the 10 level range for the warfields even though they will not be able to get rewards? if anything this will facilitate pvp, i know many people would like to exile in order to have more targets(not necessarily for rewards), but with most of the pvp occurring in Antonica and Commonlands in the forseeable future, this would inhibit their doing so -- since most of the exiling would occurr in the t5-t7 range and they would get obliterated by a single 90 who is straying from their own tower. also in regards to the latter half of my last sentence, is there anything to keep the different level ranges from straying to the other areas and leeching/influencing the outcome.
  3. ARCHIVED-goose1123 Guest

Part of being in exile is the unlimited pvp range. If you do not want to get killed by a higher level player, do not go near a higher level player.
    I have no idea what you mean by level ranges straying to the other areas. Antonica and Commonlands are now a 10 level range zone. That is basically all there is to it.
  4. ARCHIVED-juvondy Guest

indeed exiles are able to be attacked by anyone, but it becomes a pretty pointless rule when you start considering ways to enhance the pvp experience and ways to facilitate engaging battles and competition. not everyone wants to be part of the mindless zergs, i know many of the elite pvpers would exile in a heartbeat and obliterate multiple groups of people with just a core group of players because it is more fun that way. if you ostracize those select people from antonica/commonlands which will inevitably be the new EL for all those mid tiers, then you've lost the interest of many people. i'm not saying that exiles shouldnt have an unlimited pvp range elsewhere, even though that would be a great fix to loop in people who like ffa pvp, but that if warfields are supposed to be a battle between people of the same tier then it should also apply to exiles.
  5. ARCHIVED-goose1123 Guest

Warfields are not meant to be a battle between ppl of the same tier. They are meant to be a battle between the good and evil factions. I am a big fan of exile, I spent alot of time there, but exile was meant to be FFA everywhere, not just where it is convenient to you.
  6. ARCHIVED-Serraphim Guest

Thin I think that all he is trying to say is that when these are live, all the open world pvp will be there. As such, <T9 Exiles will have a hard time doing anything with 70s, 80s and 90s attacking them. I realise that this is what exile is about, we've both been there, together. The problem is that if all the PvP is concentrated in these Warfields then it's basically the same as trying to PvP in SS as an Exiled lvl 50.
    I'm a big fan of Exile, it's where I had my favorite times playing this game and I'm not sure that what juvondy is saying is the best solution since that eliminates a lot of what being Exile entails, but I think this is going to basically eliminate anyone playing in Exile anymore, sadly.
    If there is no PvP elsewhere, and everytime you engage someone there are red cons around it's not going to be something that people are going to want to do.
  7. ARCHIVED-juvondy Guest

Thinwizzy@Nagafen wrote:
    what it is/was meant to be is hardly relevant; SOE obviously doesn't even know what it is that they precisely want when it comes to pvp. exile wasn't even meant to be a faction, but people migrated there anyways whether it be for the availability of all the classes or for more pvp.
    historically exile has been a great place for t5 pvp, if you look at disciples of darkhand with snyp etc, select few, cash money millionaires, but that was only because of the presence of EL as a major pvp zone for lower levels. if you visit EL now it is completely barren, not a soul to be found -- this is because of Sinking Sands and the zerg mentality that it promotes. from the way warfields are being described, they will be nothing more than a Sinking Sands with objectives and a different location; thus, effectively excluding exiles once more and the competition that can be found with 3 warring factions.
  8. ARCHIVED-goose1123 Guest

I just partook in defending Antonica. I was in zone before the event started and I stayed in zone for the entire event. I spent the first 15 minutes running from tower to tower until I finally came across one freeporter. We fought a few times, he killed me once with a duo right next to a tower, one of the times I killed him it was right next to a tower. At the end of the 30 minutes, I got no tokens for the win of the event.
  9. ARCHIVED-eximo Guest

juvondy wrote:
    i support this message
  10. ARCHIVED-Nuadaaaarrrhhhhhggg Guest

If I get it right - the defenders wins tokens when time runs out, even though no attackers are around?

Wouldnt it be possible to somehow make it so that the battle actually HAS to be initiated in some sort of way, before it "begins"? And not just some auto-begin-end thing.. a bit hard to explain but... like in WoW - if there arent this many players on each "team" the instance will end. :) but in this situation, the battle will end and move to the other location 30 min later. This will encourage ppl to actually show up on both sides and take heed! At least I think...
  11. ARCHIVED-mrsmall Guest

Hallowell@Nagafen wrote:
    How about spawning a WARFIELD'S MERCHANT in ANT and CL. ?
    To be able to take part in the Warfield's you will have to hail the merchant and obtain a "Warfield Notice of acceptance".
    This would not only put a stop to AFK'ers getting "free" tokens / rewards" but also allow there to be some kind of counting method as to the number of people "queued" up.
    OR........
    Why not just leave the towers up all the time ?!?!?!?! Having two open-world PVP bases of both good and evil faction to me sounds great. Naggy neeeeeds open-world PVP to bring it back to life. Instanced BG style PVP with Blue-server rules are NOT what we want !!!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

mrsmall wrote:
    Naggy open-pvp is dead because there is nothing there for the majority to be excited about, only a handful of hardcore-pvp players who want stricter rules to exclude more and more with harsher punishments.
    BeeGees are thriving because it offers something fun and rewarding for the majority casual-pvp player.
    If you cannot get the casuals to believe in open-pvp enough to participate, you will never have the juicy targets you want in open-pvp.
  13. ARCHIVED-mrsmall Guest

Neskonlith wrote:
    Point Taken re: Open world PVP = more rewards to get people out and about killing again.
    What about linking the PVP Merchant with Warfields somehow and having rewards that in PVP you could not be without? This gear would be PVP and not BG rule set ? that would bring out the crowds surely.
  14. ARCHIVED-Roald Guest

Olihin wrote:
    Increasing the level range from is great, but why 10 levels instead of 8? Getting killed by reds is never fun.

If you want that, go the full way and make it unlimited, if not, just make it 8.
  15. ARCHIVED-plasmapuppy Guest

Have gear items cost a combination of both offensive and defensive tokens to assure people are fully participating in both aspects of the event.
  16. ARCHIVED-Buttcliffe Guest

First off, I like the sound of this.
    Nagafen needs something to get the blood pumping once again, we have gone too long without a decent amount of open world pvp.
    Personaly I care little about the towers and killing guardians and touching my toes three times in order to win. I just want the fun of pvp once again which has been missing from Naggy for 3 months at least.
    I am hoping this is not some instanced version of the game, where pvp suddenly stops after 30 mins. Such artificial limitations are just annoying. Rather the event finishes, but the pvp can continue.
    I also hope there is no permanent immunity for the kind of players that like to get something for nothing. If you die and rez your immunity should imediately start ticking down.
    Also, there needs to be some kind of balance mechanism in place, so that numbers do not become too unbalanced. This is something battle grounds does well, keeps the numbers even.
    Open World pvp is the winner and will ignite Naggy once again if the catalyst is there to bring people out of their BGs and instances, and guild halls, trade skills zones, houses and other instances which have been dragging people from the open world for so long.
    Open World FTW.

Edit: I agree with Milambers, 8 levels is more than sufficient and will avoid completely unfair battles.
  17. ARCHIVED-skylancer Guest

I think this is a really good idea to get pvp rolling again, i can foresee a few MAJOR issues which could be relatively easy fixes;
    - LAG beyond slideshow: remember KP for first several weeks? Remember when anybody pulled an avatar in Ant? It will be KP exponentially magnified as at least KP was just T8. Im pretty sure it will be unplayable.
    - I thought the towers would be a single tier each tower, not all 4 tiers at each. WAY to much opportunity for toons 10 lvls higher to obliterate anybody nearby 10 lvls lower. Towers should be a sinle tier only imo, anybody not in the lvl range of appropriate tower should be aggro to guardians and be one shotted by them.
    -along the lines of the LAG issue, it will need to be taken to the point where it is CL and Ant instances seperated by tier, automatically sent to appropriate one when zone into either, and just have generic tower guardians without all the additional hassle of lvl ranges hittin each toon blah blah.
    Any rate, this'll for sure get pvp back in the open, where it should be. Berate the KP zergfest if you will, but i sure miss it and had inumerable epic 30 minute battles there-
    Skylancer 89 ranger, created November 12th 2004 Oggok, re- manifested on Naggy '09
    Swaggs 90 spaztic yet dangerous swash-
  18. ARCHIVED-Chia_Pet Guest

The idea of mixed tier PvP is horrible. Defenders will win almost everytime as it will be way to hard for any side to get a large enough force to take on all towers at once, with travel times on the griffs the ability for an attacker to switch targets will be too long and thus fail most everytime.
    On top of this alot of people will either be standing around watching(people 11+ lvls higher) or be overwhelmed while fighting thier own tier while lower lvls without anyone to fight will add in thier attacks.
    the Idea of warfileds is ok, but the implementation is to complex.
    whats needed are towers in tiered zones, ones that are, like BGs, capture and hold.
    token numbers and prices need to be multiplied by an order of 10. thus a writ will grat 50 tokens, a Breast plate will cost 1500.
    with the token increease it allows for fine adjustments for bonuses for holding and taking said towers. killing an enemy in the vicinity of a friendly tower will grant a 10% bonus to token count, thus granting say a 2 token reward upon a successful kill. at the same time attackers would also get a 2 token bonus for kills when trying to take a tower. this would promote mobility through zones to keep people roving around trying to take towers perhaps every 30 minutes a reward would be granted to those who have enemies on thier recent list AND are the the vicinity of a friendly tower. a warning at say 5,2,1 minutes and 30Secs would keep players posted that the reward time is upon them, making them move back and regroup at friendly towers. all who are at thier towers would be rewarded based on who owns the most towers ratio wise. lets say across the tier 9 zones side A has 12 towers and side B has 8 towers. at the 30 min mark side A would be rewarded 12 tokens( only a tad more then a single kill and Side B would get 8.
    or not....
  19. ARCHIVED-Melodix Guest

I dont know if this has already been asked but will PvP wits update during these Warfield matches?
  20. ARCHIVED-goose1123 Guest